I was just going to look up the same thing. Timing is impeccable.

I had my eye on a Garmin S60 or S62 for next season. Both look great. I have a garmin Approach S6 that I have been really happy with since I got it but its getting old now after quite a few seasons.

I use the Garmin Approach S20. Works great and does what I need it to.

I use the S60 and love everything about it. The only thing I wish it did better was have actual hazard carry distance. I thought it did when I got it. And if it does, it's not intuitive at all and I haven't figured it out all season. It has a little target dot that you can drag to estimate it but it's hard to get it really precise

Have the S62 and it has been amazing this year. I love it. Very simple to use and has helped me improve my club selection.

Got a Garmin Approach S40 this year. It's an upgrade in function from my Golf Buddy Voice. The distances seem to be accurate, and it can give distance to hazard and keep score. Not as full featured as the S62, but a lower price point. (And not so much to figure out that I slow anyone down while I putz with it.)

I have the S60 and am happy overall. Gives me lots of good info.

So do these Garmins have the other features of a smart watch ie. changing the face etc.?

Also, with the shot tracking on the S40, I'm not seeing a way to add which club you are using. Like on Golfpad, you tap "Track shot" and then enter which club you are gonna swing, then you have data on club distances. Is this possible with the watch?

Last edited:
I use a Shotscope

So do these Garmins have the other features of a smart watch ie. changing the face etc.?

Also, with the shot tracking on the S40, I'm not seeing a way to add which club you are using. Like on Golfpad, you tap "Track shot" and then enter which club you are gonna swing, then you have data on club distances. Is this possible with the watch?
On the s20 you can change the color scheme, ie dark background and white letters or white background dark letter, thats about it.

And yes with the garmin app you can track steps, activity, heart rate i think, and sleep. And for golf you select which club you use so on the garmin golf app you can see your club performance, distances, averages, etc

Screenshot_20200927-074649_Garmin Golf.jpg

I have the S60 and it has all those features. Changing the face, push notifications. Activity, fitness, sleep tracking and so on. Has a tempo training feature for your swing. I have mountains of data on club distances. The S60 prompts you to select the club you used after each shot. Also hole and course historical data etc... Does this through the Garmin Connect app on phone and/or computer. I haven't purchased the extra sensors for putter but watch gets everything else while playing without a hassle.

Have the Golf Buddy WTX. A good basic go’s watch at a reasonable price. Looking for a replacement as it’s getting finicky on charging. Battery life is ok at best.

Been looking at the S60, S62, and Fenix 5. Would like to have heart monitor feature. And longer battery life for a everyday watch. Don’t really care about phone interaction as when I’m on the golf course I don’t want to be bothered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S20 does all I need.

After a lot of research on features vs price, I picked up a Garmin Vivoactive 3. With walking more, especially this fall, I wanted one with a heart monitor (2 stints).

The Vivoactive 3 is quite reasonably priced @150. Yet has all the activity monitoring, push notifications from iPhone, and typical Garmin Golf app.

Does not come preloaded with courses, but are quick and easy to download. The watch picks up satellites fairly quick, Like a minute. Select hole you’re starting and it moves hole to hole automatically after that. Face very easy to read. Easy to use hazard targeting. Keeps score, putts, GIR and FIR. Tracks yardages, every shot. But, does not appear to track against club. Not compatible with CT10.

The app track GIR against yardage groups, 25 yard increments. Which, personally, I find more important than tracking to clubs. Temp, humidity, rain, and wind, uphill air downhill add too much variability for me to be concerned how far on average I hit a club. I know how far I hit them. More important that I’m adjusting correctly and hitting the green.

Have used the watch for two rounds so far and quite satisfied with it. Unlike my golf buddy watch, this has become my everyday watch. Looks good and not too big.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back