Graphite Design Tour AD BB

TM_Bobby723

Reaction score
Handicap
+
Has anyone tried the Tour AD BB-6s or BB-7s? The BB-6 is 65 grams and the BB-7 is 74.5 grams. They're a low spin, low/mid launch. I'm looking for something to mix & match with my R15/M1 and possibly bring the ball flight down some. I'm currently gaming the Tour AD DI-6s.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Graphite Design Tour AD BB

I just tested the BB6 last night and while too low for me it was lower than the MT i was comparing it to. The M1/BB6s combo I tested was at a playing length of 44.5". I will actually be waiting to compare it against a DI6s so I'll be subscribing to this thread to get a better grasp of what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just tested the BB6 last night and while too low for me it was lower than the MT i was comparing it to. The M1/BB6s combo I tested was at a playing length of 44.5". I will actually be waiting to compare it against a DI6s so I'll be subscribing to this thread to get a better grasp of what to expect.

What is your normal ball flight like?

For the record, I hit MOON SHOTS with my drivers, always have. I'm notorious for a high ball flight and I'm looking for something that may give me a little more rollout. The DI-6s is a high launch/low spin shaft. I hit high, but flat shots with it. I wonder if the BB-6s would bring my flight down enough for the added rollout results I'm seeking?

What is your normal ball flight like?

For the record, I hit MOON SHOTS with my drivers, always have. I'm notorious for a high ball flight and I'm looking for something that may give me a little more rollout. The DI-6s is a high launch/low spin shaft. I hit high, but flat shots with it. I wonder if the BB-6s would bring my flight down enough for the added rollout results I'm seeking?

so far, with the Fuji Pro 70s I'm getting a high to mid launch using 10.5 430 head. It was visually alot lower flight with the BB over the Fuji.

HAve the 7s in my 3 wood and it is absolutely my fav club shaft combo I have at the moment. Feels so smooth throughout the swing

Will definately bring your ball flight down but with my experience it still has a good trajectory and doesnt knuckle like some low ball flight shafts I have tried

I play the BB 7S in my 2nd driver (windy days) or during the slightly softer fairway times as the additional run out is always appreciated, preferred this over the 6s as I found the slightly heavier weight suited my swing, the lower launch/spin over my DI 7 comes in super handy in the wind as my home course is on an air force base and as such they require the trees to be kept very low and small so we really feel the wind when its about, my dispersion rates with the BB are quite tight ........ if you fin this is a little too low have a look at the AD MT as this sits nicely in-between the BB and the DI - thinking about dropping one into my 3W

HAve the 7s in my 3 wood and it is absolutely my fav club shaft combo I have at the moment. Feels so smooth throughout the swing

Will definately bring your ball flight down but with my experience it still has a good trajectory and doesnt knuckle like some low ball flight shafts I have tried

First swing I took with that 3w started the love affair with that blue bullet. Such a good feeling shaft.

Erik's driver also felt faaanntaassstic

I play the BB 7S in my 2nd driver (windy days) or during the slightly softer fairway times as the additional run out is always appreciated, preferred this over the 6s as I found the slightly heavier weight suited my swing, the lower launch/spin over my DI 7 comes in super handy in the wind as my home course is on an air force base and as such they require the trees to be kept very low and small so we really feel the wind when its about, my dispersion rates with the BB are quite tight ........ if you fin this is a little too low have a look at the AD MT as this sits nicely in-between the BB and the DI - thinking about dropping one into my 3W

Perfect - killer input, thanks! ....and belieeeeve me, I'll still hit the BB plenty high, so I don't think the MT is the route I'd go.

OH...I forgot to mention.... I've always been fitted into the lighter shafts in the mid-60's gram weights, so I went ahead & pulled the trigger on a BB-6s. My buddy got me a really fair price, I think. $150 to my door. Considering Graphite Design has the suggested MSRP @ $500 and I've seen them for $300+ other places.

I play a bb6s in a r15 430 10.5!

Coming from a vts silver I can say it's lower launch and less spin!

I abso love this combo I would say that my old sldr Miyazaki kuala blue was longer but this think is a fairway finder!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that may be following this thread.... M1 430 10.5 + BB-6s = MISSLE LAUNCHER. That is all. :banana:

I know ...older thread, but I just started gaming a AD GP in my Bridgestone J40. Similar to the BB but feel-the-difference smoother. I tried the BB and it just didn't feel right . The new AD GP (I got the 60 X) and I'm playing it at 44 1/4". It's a monster and the X has made all the difference in dispersion. I'll post a separate thread on my experience in a day or 2.

Bob (Diveguy)

I play a BB 7x SS is 118 & absolutely love this shaft. What I learned is low launch or high launch shafts ultimately come down to your swing & strike pattern & what you swing more consistently on the face. I hit the DI 6x today same height but was not as consistent on my strikes due to being to soft. TXG has a awesome link on this worth a watch!

Back