Review Graphite Design Tour AD HD Shaft Review

Nippon Shafts

Alez367

Formerly Carlos C.
Reaction score
Handicap
It’s the best combo of things from them I’ve hit. I played the IZ for a while and have messed with MT’s and DI’s some, but this one was a fun overall package.
this might be the only shaft that causes me to not play a PX shaft. The flight is great and as be alluded to, the feel is solid without feeling stout or too much to load without swinging out of your comfort zone.

MH

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I need help deciding what adapter to put on this shaft. I like both my sim and g410 lst. Currently the sim has a GD-VR and the 410 has an Oban Kiyoshi Purple

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
this might be the only shaft that causes me to not play a PX shaft. The flight is great and as be alluded to, the feel is solid without feeling stout or too much to load without swinging out of your comfort zone.
Totally agree. Hope all is well Alex.

Alez367

Formerly Carlos C.
Reaction score
Handicap
I need help deciding what adapter to put on this shaft. I like both my sim and g410 lst. Currently the sim has a GD-VR and the 410 has an Oban Kiyoshi Purple
the demo i tried was in a G410LST and it was perfection. Just saying..

Reactions: MH

MH

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am leaning towards installing it in the Ping

the demo i tried was in a G410LST and it was perfection. Just saying..

Jman

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

MH

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I think that’d be a really fun combo.
Such a tough call as the sim has been an excellent head for me this year as well.

Jman

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Such a tough call as the sim has been an excellent head for me this year as well.
I totally get that.

This one I reviewed actually ended up in a SIM that one of my former #1 bags is playing now, moved from the Cobra LTD and HZRDUS combo to this in the SIM and it’s not even fair what he does to the golf ball.

Coach Sean

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
@Jman In regards to your 3 wood testing which do you feel launches higher in 3 wood this HD or the DI? Thanks!!

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

Jman

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
@Jman In regards to your 3 wood testing which do you feel launches higher in 3 wood this HD or the DI? Thanks!!
I actually didn’t end up cutting it down, it instead got fit to one of my former golfers who needed to upgrade driver from the old LTD he’d been using since HS and in college.

That said, I still think the heavier weighted versions of these would make pretty killer fairway shafts. IME it won’t launch like the DI will, but it’s close, and there is actually the feedback and feel of more stability than the DI.

I truly feel that this is the best we have seen GD blend their trademark smoothness with some legitimate stability.

Gracias for the bump!

Last edited:

Alez367

Formerly Carlos C.
Reaction score
Handicap
@Jman could you imagine if they made this profile in a hybrid option?

Jman

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
@Jman could you imagine if they made this profile in a hybrid option?
I think it’d be interesting, they did it for the IZ, so I wonder why not these?

Coach Sean

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I actually didn’t end up cutting it down, it instead got fit to one of my former golfers who needed to upgrade driver from the old LTD he’d been using since HS and in college.

That said, I still think the heavier weighted versions of these would make pretty killer fairway shafts. IME it won’t launch like the DI will, but it’s close, and there is actually the feedback and feel of more stability than the DI.

I truly feel that this is the best we have seen GD blend their trademark smoothness with some legitimate stability.

Gracias for the bump!
Awesome, I did order this in my ZX5 driver, that is one the way soon! I did go with the Ad-di on the ZX fairway though because it has been tried and true for me. I Appreciate the review and the further insight!!
I’ll share my experiences as soon as I get it in my hands.

MH

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Ping adapter installed and ready for some swings. Once the boys are in bed tonight I will be hitting driver in the garage comparing this to the Oban Kiyoshi Purple.

MH

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Finally got a few swings with this installed into my g410 lst. Felt amazing, launch and spin were higher than I would like to see but that was most likely just me last night. Will spend some more time in the near future and compare against the oban purple.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in