Review Graphite Design Tour AD HD Shaft Review

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
One shaft company who gets a lot of praise throughout all fitting circles for their attention to details and materials is Graphite Design. For many years now they have continued to evolve one of the most in-depth premium shaft fitting matrixes on the market.

In 2020 they are adding another into the fold, the Tour AD HD (Hyper Drive), and we at THP were able to get it in hand prior to its release for a full rundown of tech and performance.

Continue reading...

• Staff
This one has continued to be a lot of fun post review, the mix of flow with stability and control that’s a notch up for me from the TP keeps standing out. Hoping to give it a go in a standard SIM head today and jump back in to provide more thoughts.

Great review and write-up about Graphite Design technologies. Definitely hope to give this shaft a try in the future.

Great write up. Lot's of tech in this one. These are a bit out of my general price range, but I may scoop one of the forum at some point and give them a go.

When I tested out the shaft, the stable word kept coming into my head, probably more so than any other Graphite Design shaft previously. Enjoyed reading this and seeing how it performed.

Excellent read James! Thorough as always. Really enjoyed the detailed description of their acronyms and material used.

Great article. Lots of good information.

• Staff
Plugging it into a 9.0 SIM right NOW. Will update with more data today or tomorrow!

Great read and great looking shaft. Way out of my price range but still... maybe one day.:unsure:

I will be super curious as people get a chance to try this one out what they find.

Every time I throw the Tour AD-DI in my driver, I'm reminded how much I like that shaft. It's amazing that it's remained the same since inception. It's a testament to how good it is. They graphics refresh this year was purely cosmetic.

I played the AD-MT for 2 years. Awesome yellow and equally awesome shaft. I'll have to check this one out.

Every time I throw the Tour AD-DI in my driver, I'm reminded how much I like that shaft. It's amazing that it's remained the same since inception. It's a testament to how good it is. They graphics refresh this year was purely cosmetic.

I played the AD-MT for 2 years. Awesome yellow and equally awesome shaft. I'll have to check this one out.
Funnily enough you just reminded me I have an MT I never did anything with, I might have a problem. :ROFLMAO:

I’ll admit, post review, I see me putting this into a 3w for a go. There’s just something about the profile for me that could be a heck of a 3w pairing in the 70+g weight of the one I worked with.

I will be super curious as people get a chance to try this one out what they find.
Yeah. With the strong yet concise following GD shafts have, I’m curious to see the reaction.

Fantastic and detailed review @Jman I commend your use of the word plethora :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though this sounds like a great offering from GD. Hefty price tag though probably keeps many from trying it

Well done on the write-up, Jman. Not sure if I will be jumping to try this one because I'm enjoying the IZ right now. The Graphite Design shafts are not cheap, but they tend to work as advertised.

Beauty review James. I ordered one that will show up long after my season is over. I will have lots of time to decide which head it will go into before next season

@Jman somce you have gamed the IZ in the past how would say this compares. I am taking the IZ right now in 7x and enjoying it but definitely feels less “stable” in the mid section which keeps me hesitant at times. How would the HD compare?

As always I enjoy your reviews and appreciate the details you put in, GD is just a Top of the line Company.

As much as I try to find a better shaft for my Driver I keep coming back to the GD AD BB 7x as the gold standard, having the GD AD DI in my Hybrids was also a good experience, this profile does not look like it would be for me at a glance but I will be trying GD shafts next week in the Woods fitting and maybe they will have this one to try in the cart.

Well done on the write-up, Jman. Not sure if I will be jumping to try this one because I'm enjoying the IZ right now. The Graphite Design shafts are not cheap, but they tend to work as advertised.
I think the IZ was a little lower spin for me, but it’s been a while.

@Jman somce you have gamed the IZ in the past how would say this compares. I am taking the IZ right now in 7x and enjoying it but definitely feels less “stable” in the mid section which keeps me hesitant at times. How would the HD compare?
This is the most “stable” GD shaft I’ve hit in terms of keeping a semblance of what is so loved about GD in their smoothness, but being a bit more “there” if it makes sense. I really think the new material in the mid section to the tip is the difference.

This is the most “stable” GD shaft I’ve hit in terms of keeping a semblance of what is so loved about GD in their smoothness, but being a bit more “there” if it makes sense. I really think the new material in the mid section to the tip is the difference.

Thanks...that makes sense. I’ll have to give this a go at some point.

I’ve decided that this one is going to get a run as my 3w shaft post review. Will be cutting it down tonight and making the proper adjustments!

My shaft has landed in Canada and should be in hand by the end of the week. My only issue now is whether I put a TM adapter on it and try it out or wait until spring and see what head I will be using next year. The SIM has a chance but if I was a betting man I would put money on a G425 lst being in the bag or possible a tsi3. I have never really liked the look of Titleist heads at address but from the pics I have seen the tsi3 looks to be a really good shape.

Just spent some time with this one again along with the Mizuno ST200. Good combo.

Back