Review Graphite Design Tour AD HD Shaft Review

@JB @Jman my 6s just showed up, do either of u recommend tipping these shafts for a driver? Previously played the tp tipped 1/2”

@JB @Jman my 6s just showed up, do either of u recommend tipping these shafts for a driver? Previously played the tp tipped 1/2”
GD doesnt recommend tipping, and I tested at my SS with no tipping. But, it’s personal preference in the end.

This will be stopped into a Mizuno ST200x head again this coming week for some testing.

This will be stopped into a Mizuno ST200x head again this coming week for some testing.
You are testing the 6s correct?

That’s gonna be a CANNON. 👀

Looking forward to hearing what u think, I still can’t decide whether or not to throw a TM adapter on mine or wait till I know what driver will be in the bag next year. As of right now it’s between my sim, Ping G425 lst or possible the Titleist tsi3. My season is officially over and not being able to fly South anytime in near future really blows.
That is correct.

Any updates @JB?

Any updates @JB?
Sure are. I still like it. I do find it a bit more stable than my previous Graphite Design, but that doesn’t mean boardy over overtly stiff. Rather just not as lively as what I am used to.

It has a different kick to me than other GD shafts.

Reactions: MH
I can’t wait to get mine in play next season, once I figure out head it’s going in I will get it tipped up and get some sim rounds in with it over the winter. Tempted to just throw a TM adapter on it and give it a go in the sim

Also, one last question @JB regarding this shaft and I will quit bugging u. Can u compare this one to either the Linq purple or gunmetal?

Also, one last question @JB regarding this shaft and I will quit bugging u. Can u compare this one to either the Linq purple or gunmetal?
Never a bother I love talking about golf equipment. It would be closer in feel for me to the Gunmetal than purple. But they feel different. I find the LINQ a bit softer in the hands and while both use similar materials (both high end), they are pretty different.

Thanks for the info, it’s killing me having the shaft sit in the closest while I ponder my next driver purchase

I have been continuing to work with this over the last couple of days and still come away with similar impressions. It is very good.

I think I’m just going to throw a TM adapter on and try this one out in the SIM. If I end up going Ping or Titleist next year I will just change tips. @JB have u tried the VR as well and if so how do these 2 compare?

I think I’m just going to throw a TM adapter on and try this one out in the SIM. If I end up going Ping or Titleist next year I will just change tips. @JB have u tried the VR as well and if so how do these 2 compare?
I have not in a while, so not much help there.

VR is on my list of want to tries.

VR is on my list of want to tries.

Mine as well, ordered one to test along side the HD. I need to pick up another TM adapter and I’m good to go

If I can find the right price on this, the 6s will be mine. I need to try a stable GD and get after it.

Threw a TM adapter on the VR and hit about 30 balls with it, no numbers just hitting balls out to the field. Flight was fairly straight and launch looked to be a bit lower than the linq purple I have used all year. I have a TM adapter coming and will get the HD in the Sim. By the way the VR looks unreal in the sim and I think the HD will look great as well. @JB are you still using this one?

Threw a TM adapter on the VR and hit about 30 balls with it, no numbers just hitting balls out to the field. Flight was fairly straight and launch looked to be a bit lower than the linq purple I have used all year. I have a TM adapter coming and will get the HD in the Sim. By the way the VR looks unreal in the sim and I think the HD will look great as well. @JB are you still using this one?

in my unscientific testing using just a couple swings, the HD is just a little bit firmer than VR but just as smooth. Granted I was using different heads to test (mav SZ with VR and G410 LST with HD) so flight and launch have different variables but I could play either shaft without hesitation

Thanks for the info @Alez367, I tipped the VR 6s 1/2” but hearing that the HD is a bit firmer I don’t think I will tip the HD

After seeing the picture of the sim 2 I’m second guessing putting a Tm adapter on the HD and may just save it for the Ping g425

Giving this a whirl today in a coming soon driver.
It has sort of an addiction type of thing going on. Smooth like most Graphite Design shafts I have tried, with a bit for stability as I make my transition. Hard to explain, but the ball flight is good.

Giving this a whirl today in a coming soon driver.
It has sort of an addiction type of thing going on. Smooth like most Graphite Design shafts I have tried, with a bit for stability as I make my transition. Hard to explain, but the ball flight is good.
It’s the best combo of things from them I’ve hit. I played the IZ for a while and have messed with MT’s and DI’s some, but this one was a fun overall package.

Back