Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6 Shafts

zbeekner4

Proud 2019 Grandaddy Alum
Reaction score
Handicap
I recently was fit into the GD Tour AD IZ-6 shafts for my driver, 3wood and hybrid while at the grandaddy.

Other than being an esthetically pleasing shaft, it feels balanced and stable through every strike. I instantly fell in love with the shaft profile and had no issues adjusting quickly to all 3 of these clubs in my bag. It doesn’t feel whippy at all nor does it feel too light or too heavy. The biggest game changer in this shaft seemed to be the ease in which it would get the club face back to square at impact. My normal ball flight is a fade with my miss being a slice and all 3 of these shafts kept the ball going more straight than I’ve ever seen before. It also could be because of the new heads but even with different heads, I noticed similar ball flights with a 3 clubs. I’ll put up some pictures later but for now, I can’t wait to get more comfortable with these new shafts!

I've never tried a GD shaft but I really think I need to remedy that.

I've never tried a GD shaft but I really think I need to remedy that.

My description of Graphite Design Tour AD shafts are that they are all smooth feeling yet stable. A couple of the less popular models, such as the DJ , MJ and MT are ridiculously silky smooth feeling, yet still stable for shot accuracy. The best sellers such as DI and IZ are not at that extreme, which I expect is why they are the best selling models.

Last edited:
My description of Graphite Design Tour AD shafts are that they are all smooth feeling yet stable. A couple of the less popular models, such as the DJ , MJ and MT are ridiculously silky smooth feeling, yet still stable for shot accuracy. The best sellers such as DI and IZ are not at that extreme, which I expect is why they are the best selling models.
Hmm, I think additional research is needed.

I gamed this shaft for a good portion of this past season and agree that it is a great all around performer. I tend to me a lower launch guy and this shaft launches nicely for me and the feel is fantastic without sacrificing control.

I play the IZ 7x in my driver and 3 wood.

I love the way they are rock solid during transition but then I can feel them release and absolutely crack through the zone like a whip, and the head never lags behind.

Hmm, I think additional research is needed.

Well, I play drivers and, or, fairways with all these shafts (Tour AD DI, IZ, MT, DJ, and MJ), so my "research" is simply playing rounds of golf and watching shots.
I am an experienced player and am comfortable adapting my swing tempo and rhythm to whichever equipment I'm playing,and as such find accuracy good with all these shafts.
I think the key to Graphite Design's shaft accuracy consistency is the company's adherence to keeping torque relatively low (regardless of the shaft's profile characteristics).

Well, I play drivers and, or, fairways with all these shafts (Tour AD DI, IZ, MT, DJ, and MJ), so my "research" is simply playing rounds of golf and watching shots.
I am an experienced player and am comfortable adapting my swing tempo and rhythm to whichever equipment I'm playing,and as such find accuracy good with all these shafts.
I think the key to Graphite Design's shaft accuracy consistency is the company's adherence to keeping torque relatively low (regardless of the shaft's profile characteristics).
Sorry :oops:

I meant that I should do some additional research IE seeing if any of the shops around here have the shafts to demo.

Sorry :oops:

I meant that I should do some additional research IE seeing if any of the shops around here have the shafts to demo.

Shops having available demos of Graphite Design (or any high end aftermarket shaft) is doubtful. There are a couple of internet "demo a shaft" rental places but with shipping it comes out to about $50 to receive and try a shaft for a couple of days.
My preference is to use ebay to -buy-and-try. If I don't like the shaft (or club) I just use ebay to resell same.
If you write a little bit about your game, which clubs/shafts you have now, what you like and don't like etc... myself and others here can recommend a Graphite Design shaft model or two you might want to try.

Shops having available demos of Graphite Design (or any high end aftermarket shaft) is doubtful. There are a couple of internet "demo a shaft" rental places but with shipping it comes out to about $50 to receive and try a shaft for a couple of days.
My preference is to use ebay to -buy-and-try. If I don't like the shaft (or club) I just use ebay to resell same.
If you write a little bit about your game, which clubs/shafts you have now, what you like and don't like etc... myself and others here can recommend a Graphite Design shaft model or two you might want to try.
I have actually seen some AD IZ demos available in the OEM demo carts here locally. Which is very surprising since we don't typically get anything but the stock options to try. I typically do the buy and try approach too.

I actually had the AD IZ 6X for a short time this season. Felt super fluid. Really a great shaft for those that like to feel the shaft load and release.

Back