Graphite Design Tour AD UB Shaft

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Graphite Design continues to push the boundaries of golf shafts as it pertains to creating what is easily the deepest fitting matrix out there. Earlier this year we at THP were able to get a closer look at every shaft within the companies Tour AD lineup of shafts and put them to the test, every shaft until now.

So, naturally, there is another shaft being added by Graphite Design, and believe it or not, it is a profile that previously didn’t exist among the Tour AD options. The Tour AD UB stands for Up and Beyond which is right in line for the unique naming which all of the shafts in this lineup feature.

This one checks the boxes for application of the hottest materials in golf shafts utilizing T1100 in the tip as well as M40X from the mid to tip section. These materials help create the only profile in the Tour AD library of shafts which is Medium+ in both the hands and mid, but Stiff+ in the tip.

Finished with a jaw dropping glossy electric blue metallic body which fades to silver in the tip, yet again Graphite Design has made something that will turn heads.

The Tour AD UB is touted as being a mid-launch and mid-low spin setup which will be available from 40g to 80g as is customary for the company. Working with the 60g model, we put this one to the test in the THP Tech Studio to get a better understanding for the Up and Beyond:

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
What an intriguing offering! And about that blue - YES! My head is sufficiently turned!

Thanks for highlighting this one for us @Jman!

Looks suspiciously like a light sabre with decals ….swooosh , very alluring aesthetically 💫

Put this into the new Mizuno ST-G for my next round. Liked what @Jman had to say and it seems like something that would fit me.

Yep, I probably need another beautiful Blue shaft. Nice!!

Those colors work well. The shaft was not my favorite from GD but given more time I think it could work paired with the right head.

• Staff
Appreciate you all reading and watching! It’s pretty fascinating how they continue to create an even deeper fitting matrix every year in the Tour AD lineup

really contemplating between this or AD HD

• Staff
really contemplating between this or AD HD
Depends on what you need profile wise. The HD is noticeable more stout under the hands and mid section to me, but has a softer tip than the UB.

The color really caught my attention. I don’t know (sort of doubt) that it is the right profile for me but this review and the one from earlier in the year have really opened my eyes to GD.

@jdtox - swing looks great.

The color really caught my attention. I don’t know (sort of doubt) that it is the right profile for me but this review and the one from earlier in the year have really opened my eyes to GD.

@jdtox - swing looks great.
Camera tricks haha

Put this into the new Mizuno ST-G for my next round. Liked what @Jman had to say and it seems like something that would fit me.
That combo was super low spin for me.

Those colors work well. The shaft was not my favorite from GD but given more time I think it could work paired with the right head.
What shaft of theirs do you like better? The profile sounds like it should work for me. Not sure how it compares to the ad-tp which has been my favourite from GD. Great write up @Jman

What shaft of theirs do you like better? The profile sounds like it should work for me. Not sure how it compares to the ad-tp which has been my favourite from GD. Great write up @Jman
Appreciate it!

@Jman think you mentioned in the past that you games the TP, how do these differ? Similar profile aren’t they? I’m not sure what the difference between medium + and firm is though?

Great write up and video!

I’m playing an AD DI 7x which I really like. It really helped with stability for my overly aggressive swing. Now that I’ve taken some lessons and have a smoother more controlled swing I’m ready to try out some other shafts in their lineup and this looks like a great option.

Any feedback on how this plays/feels compared to the DI?

I’m playing an AD DI 7x which I really like. It really helped with stability for my overly aggressive swing. Now that I’ve taken some lessons and have a smoother more controlled swing I’m ready to try out some other shafts in their lineup and this looks like a great option.

i get similar feel from them, but this one felt a bit firmer. @Jman or @jdtox are probably best to answer this one.

This one is actually more firm (stiffer) in all three quadrants of the shaft, and it definitely has less flow than the DI when hit side by side. Additionally, it doesn’t launch as high as the DI. All things to consider.

i get similar feel from them, but this one felt a bit firmer. @Jman or @jdtox are probably best to answer this one.
I agree with @Jman this one felt firmer than the DI which I should based on design characteristics

This one is actually more firm (stiffer) in all three quadrants of the shaft, and it definitely has less flow than the DI when hit side by side. Additionally, it doesn’t launch as high as the DI. All things to consider.

Thanks guys! I’m definitely trending toward something a bit softer as my swing improves.

The blue does really look great and overall the shaft is a beauty. I kinda wish the whole shaft was blue and didn’t fade into silver towards the tip though
The fade in hand is SICK! :love:

Reactions: MH
What the heck!! How did I miss this yesterday??

Back