Graphite Design Tour AD XC

jim54

must be the shafts
Reaction score
Handicap
I know there is not a lot of GD user's here, but just curious if anyone has tried the new AD XC shaft. The profile looks very similar to the AD BB which I love and might have to find one for demo purposes.

I know there is not a lot of GD user's here, but just curious if anyone has tried the new AD XC shaft. The profile looks very similar to the AD BB which I love and might have to find one for demo purposes.
Love me some GD, but I havent tried that one.

Played the BB for half a season... swung the XC yesterday at club champion. They feel almost identical to me. The XC did feel more tip stiff, but certainly not stout

I could happily game it, but it wasn't an improvement over my current shaft. Pretty much identical numbers to what I play now so no need to change. Ive played plenty of GD shafts the past couple years and they are always high quality shafts

So a bit more tip stiff would maybe lower spin a bit? Love the BB, just feels strong to me and my swing.

So a bit more tip stiff would maybe lower spin a bit? Love the BB, just feels strong to me and my swing.

Theoretically yes. More tip stiff and lower spin. ive thought the "XC" name is a little misleading. I was picturing something like the AD IZ that would be higher launch for xtra carry. In no way tho would I personally consider this shaft stout like a hzrdus black

It was a strong flight and had good ball speed. Kept spin between 2200 - 2900. I didnt have any crazy low ones in the 1700 - 1800 range like I do with other shafts.

Id try a different weight in the BB or XC if you find one. I know more things go in to a finding the best fitting shaft than swing speed, but I was averaging 112mph yesterday and have found the upper 60gram range is better for me. Ive always played 70g+ thinking I needed the heavier weight bc how I deliver the club. Shafts I tried yesterday that had more kick (Diamana DF, Diamana ZF, Speeder 757 X) were in the 70g range and helped me with timing. Some of the more stout shafts (XC, Ventus Black, Kiyoshi Black, Hzrdus Green, my gamer Ozik Black Tie) we found more success in the high 60g range.

I play the BB 7x now and really it is an anomaly as my SS is mid 90's at best. But having tried dozens of shafts from reg to x this one just works for keeping the spin down. It is definitely a swing flaw but with just about any other shaft I am crazy high spin. I have a UST lin q in x and I can get some good drives with it but it is much stouter to me in profile and I have to be spot on to see similar distance as the BB

Back