Great video on releasing the club

millsan1

I've figured this game out! Oh wait, no I haven't
Reaction score
Handicap
14?
Crossfield just released a new video on the topic.

I've been instructed to release the club since day 1. It is a concept I've struggled with.

I think this video really helps explain it better than the other 50 I have watched.

Really interesting bit right around 2:00 in.

Does anyone feel that this in any way contradicts what Jim Hardy teaches? (I don't care that much either way, just curious.)

One the rarer tiumes a Crossfield video looks like was done in nice weather...lol he's usually with coat and poorer weather.
Anyway, my instructor has mentioned similar things and in fact he has a couple gadgets and a drill to help engrain a good release and what it feels like.

I have a habit of getting quick. Strike a lot of good mid and long irons and have to keep reminding myself not to release too early. Many balls that I strike well get the distance and begin fine but then tail away left too far (almost hook). Then I'll adjust, hold the release and even end up pushing it right (an over compensation).

I like the split grip drill (I think of it as a slap shot in hockey). That really seems to help me when nothing else does during a round.

Back