Greatest American Rock Band?

creed (but only because nickelback was canadian)
And like Justin Bieber we will never be able to live that down 💩 Pamela Anderson gives us a bit of a head start though :cool:

Alright so I did this in another thread. Give me the best foo fighters album... It's been a while and want to have some good tunes for tomorrow.
Hard to argue with @Canadan. If you don't have the Colour and the Shape within reach pop in There is Nothing Left to Lose

Rush. You're welcome. :LOL:
Nothing against Rush, I'm a huge fan, but are you familiar with a little group from Kingston that went by the name The Tragically Hip?

Hard to argue with @Canadan. If you don't have the Colour and the Shape within reach pop in There is Nothing Left to Lose
Spotify has it all! Thanks for the reccomendation!:love:

So many great options but the definitive American rock band has to be the Grateful Dead in my opinion.

I'm not going all the way back through this thread to check, but has anyone mentioned Steppenwolf? You know, Born To Be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride, The Pusher ....... not "Greatest American Rock Band" , but definitely worthy af mention.

Nothing against Rush, I'm a huge fan, but are you familiar with a little group from Kingston that went by the name The Tragically Hip?
Nothing against the Hip, but they're not even close to Rush
Comfortably overly fond of both.....

All the feels good feels when either of them are playing.

I’m not a big fan but when I think American rock I think of Metallica.

Ask most bands who influenced them and they will always have Led Zepplin in the list.

I defend my selection of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers again. Their catalog is immense, and it’s ALL good.
He was a great storyteller.

Ask most bands who influenced them and they will always have Led Zepplin in the list.
Is the American part invisible to some in the title?:LOL:

Is the American part invisible to some in the title?:LOL:
While technically Led Zepplin started from the remnants of The Yardbirds, and may be called an English band, I would still classify them as an American band due to Jimmy Page recruiting the other members in the states.

While technically Led Zepplin started from the remnants of The Yardbirds, and may be called an English band, I would still classify them as an American band due to Jimmy Page recruiting the other members in the states.
Nope. As the OP, that’s a hard no.:p

And I’m a die hard Zeppelin fan, but they’re not an American rock band.

Nope. As the OP, that’s a hard no.:p

And I’m a die hard Zeppelin fan, but they’re not an American rock band.
To each their own but to me they certainly qualify.

Easy.....
1590755378781.png

Greatest ever.....

D581CA0E-711A-40B7-86BC-B597E28FE6B0.jpeg

I don't understand why we have 12 pages and no one mentioned The Beatles...
Hot take - the Beatles are the most overrated band in the history of music.

come-at-me-ese.jpg

Back