For me it'd be Chicago (the early days)

You also have to consider:

The Eagles
The Beach Boys
Aerosmith (as much as that pains me)
The Grateful Dead

Going a bit more modern day I'd have to say:
Metallica
The Chicago Transit Authority Album (Chicago 1) is so good - It is really a must listen with Headphones.
The music dances between your ears - I mean the first track "Introduction" is just so unbelievable, Just so "Clean and Sharp"

Also Van Halens Fair Warning absolutely crushes to this day. Seriously its like 32 minutes of sonic assault. Its a masterpiece.
It was so hard to follow up their first album, which was magnificent - but they managed to do it several times.

It was so hard to follow up their first album, which was magnificent - but they managed to do it several times.
Honestly I like all their albums, even through Van Hagar. I think Dave got a raw deal though.

Man, the “Core” album is one of my front tire back favorites.
Agreed, core is just loaded. My favorite songs are Big Empty and vasoline so purple might be my favorite album, but they have a fantastic catalog that makes it hard to choose. I even like some of their more recent stuff, "all in the suit that you wear" was pretty solid for a greatest hits add on.

Why is this a discussion?

giphy.gif

If the question was guitar chops alone I'd agree with you.

Roth is a frontman and not a "lead vocalist" per se, but together they were amazing.

I'm not a fan of the Van Hagar era, but I can't deny that it's amazing to be JUST as big, if not bigger, when you change frontmen. That's the toughest thing for a band to do by far.

Roth is a frontman and not a "lead vocalist" per se, but together they were amazing.

I'm not a fan of the Van Hagar era, but I can't deny that it's amazing to be JUST as big, if not bigger, when you change frontmen. That's the toughest thing for a band to do by far.
I can't pick one era over the other as my favorite, because a lot of great music came out of both of them. The very brief Gary Cherone era...not so much. In their current incarnation, Wolfie is definitely not Michael Anthony - in his bass chops or his background vocals - and David Lee Roth is a sad, washed up parody of himself in his prime.

I will say that Sammy was much better in concert than DLR. Diamond Dave was usually a s***faced, obnoxious drama queen, and forgot about half the words to the songs. I saw them three times in concert with DLR, and was disappointed every time.

I can't pick one era over the other as my favorite, because a lot of great music came out of both of them. The very brief Gary Cherone era...not so much. In their current incarnation, Wolfie is definitely not Michael Anthony - in his bass chops or his background vocals - and David Lee Roth is a sad, washed up parody of himself in his prime.

I will say that Sammy was much better in concert than DLR. Diamond Dave was usually a s***faced, obnoxious drama queen, and forgot about half the words to the songs. I saw them three times in concert with DLR, and was disappointed every time.

Oh yeah no doubt. I just don't like Sammy's songwriting. It's was all love love love, and Roth ain't talkin' bout it.

Oh yeah no doubt. I just don't like Sammy's songwriting. It's was all love love love, and Roth ain't talkin' bout it.
"You know you semi-good lookin'":p

Don't know if they've been mentioned. You can argue what genre they are but one of the greatest of all times:

Beastie Boys !!!

Best song - Sabotage

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Back