Greatest American Rock Band?

Beach Boys are a good one.

I think wary Pearl Jam definitely in the convo.
Beach Boys are great, but I don’t really consider them Rock. Genre almost all their own.
I’ve been around a while and have seen 100’s of live shows from the early 70’s on. Flat out “Rock” my vote would be Guns N 🌹’s

Maybe that makes them the greatest because of that? I don't know. It's a tough question, so many good bands: Fleetwood Mac, CCR, Tom Petty, Aerosmith, The Eagles. I bet if you google the top 10 US rock bands you won't find a list that is in complete agreement with any other list. :)
Fleetwood Mac not all Americans?

Fleetwood Mac not all Americans?
Peter Greene, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie are all Brits. Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks are Americans.

Greatful Dead, best touring band ever

We are talking the Greatest, not just Great.
The Eagles is my answer...
And a good answer it is. So many. For me I still lean to Guns N 🌹’s.

Peter Greene, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie are all Brits. Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks are Americans.
Correct you are sir!

Elvis was pretty good. Can we consider him as a band? Someone said Billy Joel so figured the King should be mentioned.

Without reading the rest of the responses, the top 5 that come immediately to mind:

The Eagles
Aerosmith
Tom Petty
Van Halen
CCR

I'm with JDax on this one. The correct and obvious answer has to be The Eagles with Aerosmith coming in second.

The best part is this has really left me some great listening last night and today haha

Went down the Steely Dan rabbit hole BIG time.

The best part is this has really left me some great listening last night and today haha

Went down the Steely Dan rabbit hole BIG time.
Great Steely Dan listen - Kid Charlemagne. Larry Carlton was on guitar with them at the time and he's got great chops.

Or, just the entire Aja album.

Great Steely Dan listen - Kid Charlemagne. Larry Carlton was on guitar with them at the time and he's got great chops.

Or, just the entire Aja album.
Busted out the Aja vinyl today and had it blaring through the house.

Pretzel Logic, Countdown to Ecstasy, Katy Lied. Wonderful albums.
“Are you with me Doctor Wu
Are you really just a shadow of a man that I once knew.”
Love it

Alright so I did this in another thread. Give me the best foo fighters album... It's been a while and want to have some good tunes for tomorrow.

Back