Greatest Double Album of all Time?

JDax

The Finley Cooler
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.1
I messaged a friend of mine with this question? Is this the greatest Double Album of All Time? ⬇️

F4E673E0-D9F2-43CE-95DF-10037F4BFFAB.jpeg
What say you THP?

I'm partial to the Allman Brothers Live at Fillmore East. The Allmans did only 7 songs on the 4 sides. And from my college days, I liked Bruce Springsteen's The River.

Now, I'm going to listen to the Allman Brothers this afternoon. Statesboro Blues, In Memory of Elizabeth Reed and the 23 minute version of Whipping Post.

Deep_Purple_Made_in_Japan.jpg

Or...

TheBeatles68LP.jpg

For me, it’s The River.

led zeppelin physical graffiti

What defines double album?

Might go here:

1589560420129.png

i feel like there should be a stevie wonder or jimi hendix in there somewhere

Personal Favorite:

1589561710129.png

I messaged a friend of mine with this question? Is this the greatest Double Album of All Time? ⬇

View attachment 8943364
What say you THP?
Not even close.

In addition to those already mentioned,
The Rolling Stones – ‘Exile on Main Street'
Cream – ‘Wheels of Fire'
Derek and the Dominoes - 'Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs'
Allman Brothers Band - 'Eat A Peach'
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band - 'Live Bullet'
Lynyrd Skynyrd - 'One More From the Road'

1589561806032.png

9D2661B0-D8E2-4DCD-80CE-CF3E591EA776.jpeg
Surprised this one hasn’t been mentioned ...

Nor this one...

1AE0DEAA-C5E2-4533-B182-E1EECFA658B3.jpeg

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Cream Gold or Wheels of Fire, Either of the Beatles greatest hits compilations. I also agree with most of the ones already posted.

I can’t see how The Beatles’ White Album would not be considered one of, if not the greatest, double album of all time.

All eyez on me was the one I was going to post in here. Both records just top to bottom bangers. @JDax beat me to it.

Not technically a double album, but 2 single albums released simultaneously - GnR, Use Your Illusion I and II

Lots of great songs on both. Unfortunately, a couple of tracks that are nearly unlistenable (yeah, I just made up that word).

Back