Greatest Double Album of all Time?

It's a three way tie for me:

--Physical Graffiti
--The Wall
--The White Album

Little-Feat-Waiting-For-Columbus.jpg

There are some good albums listed here... and some not so good. Some that are niche... and some that have been worn out being played over the airwaves.

While I agree that Garth Brooks was good, I have to pull any support for that goober. He lost me as a fan years ago when he tried to go after the used CD sales market for additional royalties on music that had already been sold once.

Gotta give some love to Speakerbox/Love Below. This double gave us two distinct albums and produced a huge number of hits

Never seen that cover with the band's name superimposed like that. Is that a re-release or something?

No idea, it was easier just to download that image than to pull out my copy, take a pic & post it.:giggle:

This was not the first double album I owned, but it is the one that has had the greatest effect on me and the music I listen to.

71q8QBTVDOL._SL1425_.jpg71q8QBTVDOL._SL1425_.jpg

Gotta give it to Beatles...

ThThat said, some of my personal favorites are:

Mellon Collie
The Fragile
Life After Death
Songs in the Key of Life
Exile

Interesting to see Mellon Collie mentioned in that link.

Rolling Stone gave it 4 Stars (oout of 5]. Their re-review was 4 stars out of 5. I believe their first review when it came was 3.5 out of 5.

Yes RS is a rag.

Edit: RS gave it 3 out of 5 stars when released lol:

Is there a consensus? Did anyone add up the votes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any fans of George Harrison'sHarrison's 'All Things Must Pass'? Great double album. I play it a few times a year depending on my mood.

Back