Greatest Player Ever to Have Only Won One Major: Round 1, Match 6 (Sergio Garcia v Jerry Pate)

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Sergio Garcia, Spain, 2017 Masters

Professional wins: 35

PGA Tour wins: 10

European Tour wins: 16

Japan Tour wins: 1

Asian Tour wins: 6

PGA Tour of Australasia wins: 1

Other wins: 5

Major Top ten finishes: 23

Career low round: 61 – 2014 WGC Bridgestone Invitational (Round 2)

Jerry Pate, US, 1976 US Open

Professional wins: 15

PGA Tour wins: 8

Japan Tour wins: 2

Other wins: 3

PGA Tour Champions wins: 2

Major Top ten finishes: 11

Career low round: 63 – 1976 Canadian Open (Round 4 – to beat Nicklaus by 4 strokes)

I got a little late start on this one, but we'll leave it up for at least 24 hours to get a good sample of votes. This one is not quite as lopsided as the last matchup and with Sergio having anger issues, we could see an upset.

I know Sergio has his issues on the course. Issues that aren't good for the game of golf or for his status. I also think he is one of the players that definitely didn't live up to expectations or talent. That being said, I think his results are still better than Jerry Pate. Sorry Jerry

I know Sergio has his issues on the course. Issues that aren't good for the game of golf or for his status. I also think he is one of the players that definitely didn't live up to expectations or talent. That being said, I think his results are still better than Jerry Pate. Sorry Jerry

I can respect that. I tend to think that behavior like his is especially egregious. Not sure yet if I wanna pick Pate over him because of it, but it definitely evens the playing field out quite a bit.

Looks like Sergio took this one. Next matchup will posted momentarily... or maybe Monday if I don't get to it. I've got a 3:10 tee time today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back