Green Fees/Membership Fees

With the amount of golf I played last year it came out to $17 a round.

Unlimited play, no restrictions, no carts, no ghin

Most of my rounds are weekday twilight and the rate is $33 with cart (most likely will go up a little in 2020). If I’m playing on the weekend it’s $40 (no cart), I like to walk and have a very early tee time.

I need course that would let me join for $600/year haha wow. Most privates around here are way out of my budget and/or not anywhere convenient. So I play mostly public courses and costs range from $40-85 typically with the average for a decent course around $60 I'd guess.

$600 per year for my membership. I always walk so there are no additional fees for me. The only time I ride is when it is included as part of a tournament entry fee.

In 2019, I basically paid about $2.50 per round after dividing membership fee by rounds played.

240 rounds is crazy haha, I’m super jealous.

$550 a month no cart fee and no food minimum tournament fees are usually a bit extra depending on the tee package and the winning prizes.
I dig the no cart fee thing, built in so sort of guilt free.

Is that a family or individual? Also, Hi Ron!

I need course that would let me join for $600/year haha wow. Most privates around here are way out of my budget and/or not anywhere convenient. So I play mostly public courses and costs range from $40-85 typically with the average for a decent course around $60 I'd guess.
My guess is $600 a year(and most of these cheaper rates we are seeing) is a public course deal

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Public course with an unlimited golf weekday membership that includes cart, GPS, range balls 7 days/week and other discounts on food, drink and soft goods on the pro shop for $2100/yr plus tax.

Green fees usually run $40-60 for run of the mill courses. Usually $80-$100 for slightly upper tier. All too high. That's the Bay Area for ya.

I dig the no cart fee thing, built in so sort of guilt free.

Is that a family or individual? Also, Hi Ron!

Hola!

Family although my wife doesn’t use the club at all other than the occasional meal we have (extra obviously) she could play if she wanted though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hola!

Family although my wife doesn’t use the club at all other than the occasional meal we have (extra obviously) she could play if she wanted though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking forward to getting added to that family membership

Man, a lot of you guys get to play golf for insanely cheap. I’d love to get a membership somewhere but that looks to be a minimum of $3k for the year, not including a cart. In season I try and avoid the weekends and it’s still roughly $50-65 in the afternoon.

I pay 50-75 usually to walk and carry. If I join a private club it will be a lot more. It won’t make sense financially but it is a something I want to do.

My private country club is $470 per month with another $100 per month food minimum. Guest rounds are $90 but you can buy 10 packs of guest rounds that are $675. It's less than many of the Minneapolis courses but still, a lot considering the dues are year-round and the golf course was only open 190 days last year with the late spring. The other resort course that I joined last year near our cabin was $1,500 for the season including cart and unlimited golf with no food minimum. A steal since rounds are $95.

This year I may join the other resort course that is 2 miles from our cabin. It's about $3,000 for the season with unlimited golf and cart but it is #59 on the Golf Digest 2018 best 100 that you can play. It will be my home course each year form April through October once my wife retires. :)

Last edited:

It is a public course in Thomasville (BFE), GA. That is the reason. It is a solid layout and they have significantly upped their maintenance game in the last couple of years so I now definitely consider it a steal. Just wish the golfing public would do their part by fixing ball marks and taking traps...

$430 a month for a family membership(at a private course)
No food minimums
Carts are $22 for 18 and required before 2pm on weekends so that adds to my expense since I enjoy Saturday morning rounds.

How many rounds a year do you play, and do you get the value you are looking for out of it? (Obviously yes....)

Boy, I would love some of the prices I see here.

An average course here costs 65-70, while a lower level not really taken care of course runs 45-50

Public courses here are $600-$1800/year depending on how nice you want to go. Private starts around $4k/year single / $7k family + cart fees. There is also a private course that last fall was planning to offer a 10/pack limited membership that lets you play 10 times for $1000, and can only be purchased once per year.

Daily play, I typically spend about $40-70, sometimes more when I'm feeling fancy.

How many rounds a year do you play, and do you get the value you are looking for out of it? (Obviously yes....)
I think for handicap reporting I had 60(most werre there)
Say maybe 12-15 that didn't count that were maybe off season.

Value is hard to quantify but for me knowing no round will take over 4 hours ever there (and usually faster) including weekend morning is huge for me.

I drove up to Columbus and played two public courses on one day last summer and the rounds took 5:30 and 5:10 and I came home and told my wife I'll be a member somewhere private til the day I die

I think for handicap reporting I had 60(most werre there)
Say maybe 12-15 that didn't count that were maybe off season.

Value is hard to quantify but for me knowing no round will take over 4 hours ever there (and usually faster) including weekend morning is huge for me.

I drove up to Columbus and played two public courses on one day last summer and the rounds took 5:30 and 5:10 and I came home and told my wife I'll be a member somewhere private til the day I die

At a certain point knowing that you can play at a course and pace that you prefer, is worth it. No messing around with reservations and riff raff. I am seriously pondering a $4k/year private membership this year that would let me rock on and throw down near moment's notice anytime, 10 minutes from home. Maybe my 40 rounds this past year would turn into 60 or 80 due to convenience alone. Talk me out of it :ROFLMAO:

Currently, $59/month for unlimited range and reduced greens fees. Which are $30-45 per round including breakfast or lunch. There are 6 courses that I have access to.

the walk in rate this time-of year is $90 for the course I play most often. The one higher end course is in the $125 range if you not a “prime member “

At a certain point knowing that you can play at a course and pace that you prefer, is worth it. No messing around with reservations and riff raff. I am seriously pondering a $4k/year private membership this year that would let me rock on and throw down near moment's notice anytime, 10 minutes from home. Maybe my 40 rounds this past year would turn into 60 or 80 due to convenience alone. Talk me out of it
That sounds like a green light to me

Golf is included in the POA fee. I think it's $275/mo. There is a one time fee to move into the community, but I don't remember what it was. I think somewhere in the neighborhood of $5K. I have my own cart, so no additional cost there.
We're free to bring our own beverages on the course, so that cuts down on a lot of expense as well.

Back