Green grass demo day/fitting experiences

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Tell me about your memorable green grass demo day or fitting experiences.

I’ve done Titleist Thursday which was extremely well done, and a Callaway fitting that did not meet my expectations.

Old course would have a huge demo day with 4-6 OEMS food music and just an amazing atmosphere.

They also did/do fitting days with one OEM in the winter with new releases that were great for one on one time and testing new gear great seeing what’s coming out and testing the newest gear

Our club has had a few this year. The wife was interested in a new set so she did both Taylormade and Callaway.

Unfortunately the Callaway guy was borderline uninterested and really didn't help her much at all. Let her with a really sour taste. I was a bit disappointed when I heard about her experience.

So, she went cobra with her new set and has loved it!

@mikeg_74 you mentioned disappointment with your Callaway demo experience too. Do we think this is an area they are falling short in, or did we both just have the same guy in Houston?

Last edited:
Titleist Thursday was probably the best/most through. Similar to what you’d expect from Club Champion, minus the other brand options.

Demo days at my club are mediocre. But we did have one a few years ago with just about all the major brands where the club had food and drink options available to make it more of a event. It was fun.

Done several OEM days at my local course... Titleist, Cobra and Callaway... all were done well but all were off mats

Our new pro is a Ping guy, so he had the local rep in earlier this year for a demo day. It was my first experience at one. I enjoyed the half hour on Trackman with various iron and shaft combos.

I did the Titliest fitting last year at the local club. The guy was really more interested in hanging out with his buddies than doing fittings. Apparently that got out as I heard Titliest let him go. It left after my fitting knowing I wouldn’t buy what he suggested.

I did a Taylormade green grass fitting. Was pretty good with Trackman and basically everything in the shaft catalogue available for drivers.

Definitely better for driver fit. For fairway woods obviously less options.

Did not get a chance to test irons or wedges.

I participated in two Titleist Thursday fittings this year; one before I purchased my clubs and one after. The second fitting was more "confirmation" that the shafts they recommended were in fact a better choice than the ones I had ultimately purchased. I had the same fitter both times, and he remembered me and gave me a couple of options on the second session, ultimately determining that my desired shaft was in fact the correct fit.

During the first session there was also a more senior fitter at the event, and I had a good time talking golf with the two of them. When the appointment that was to be after me didn't show, we kept going and Paul was able to help me navigate the numerous bounce options in the Vokey line.

One of our ranges near me will do a bunch of demo days. They do a big one with like 6+ companies in the spring. That was fun to try all the new equipment. I was fitted for the OL not by Cobra, but the fitter at the range. I wasn’t happy after as I didn’t think he did much of anything.

I have done Titleist Thursday and PING off grass, the PXG fitting blew them both out of the water. The fitter I worked with moved across the State, I will drive over there for any fitting needs, it was that great.

Haven't seen any green grass demo days during Covid. It;s an experience I love. Maybe, next spring.

Back