Green Saver Divot Repair Tool Forum Testing Review

I've dropped the thing in my driveway multiple times and no noticable damage. Never been stuck with the prongs in my pocket. I can't really think of any negatives to this product except for my gripe about sandy greens earlier in the thread.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Dropping tool

Dropping tool

Hi Guys, Conor here.
A few things have come up here that I think I need to address. Some of you guys still seem to be worried about how tough the little tool is. So, to prove a point to myself and to you I just took one into the tiled floor in the kitchen and threw it as hard as I could against the floor 10 times. Not a scratch and still working fine. Now I don't expect you to take my word for it and I can't guarantee that you won't break your one if you try it, but I will replace it FOC if it does happen to break.

As regards it spiking you in your pocket, I don't think this can happen either. I have been asked this before and I have tried putting it every which way in my pocket and have so far not managed to get it to stick into me. I think it is because of the lenght of it that it always sits sideways in your pocket. How many times have you carried long sharp tees in your pocket and they never seem to stick into you. I think your much more likely to stab yourself with a tee than this tool. Mind you, my son did stick it in my arm one day to see if it would hurt me, and it did ( Tarintino Moment ).

Another thing, if you hold the tool with the top drawn back you can use one of the pins as a groove cleaner although I prefer to just use a tee myself.

One more thing. Some people are sending e-mails asking what the P&P is going to cost to various parts of the world. Maybe it's not showing up on E-bay clearly enough, but it's €3.50 for up to 4 tools to anywhere in the world. I wish it was cheaper but I'm only just about clearing myself at that. I too hate buying stuff off E-bay and feel I'm being ripped off with the P&P.

Any more questions or suggestions, let me know.

Conor.

Hi Guys, Conor here.
A few things have come up here that I think I need to address. Some of you guys still seem to be worried about how tough the little tool is. So, to prove a point to myself and to you I just took one into the tiled floor in the kitchen and threw it as hard as I could against the floor 10 times. Not a scratch and still working fine. Now I don't expect you to take my word for it and I can't guarantee that you won't break your one if you try it, but I will replace it FOC if it does happen to break.

Now there's some hardcore testing! And a free of charge replacement program??? Can't beat that!

I took the GreenSaver out for a weekend round and was able to use it on about 10 greens, as well as fix other divots within my group.
My playing partner this weekend was impressed and agreed it was a very neat little tool.
I'm loving this little guy, pulling it out every chance I get. Very happy to be chosen as a tester...

To catch up on some of the other testers' comments, I'm very impressed with the durability which was one of the things I was most skeptical about at first.
I have a good feeling that this guy will hold up for a very long time.

The ball marker again, is a neat feature, but it's not for me. I always use a quarter and I found the ball marker on the GreenSaver difficult to remove at times (especially with just one hand). It has fallen off a few times when tossed or dropped, but I've yet to lose it. And although I'm not a fan of the ball marker, I still like the GreenSaver logo to be on top of the tool, as without the ball marker/logo, it just doesn't look as cool...

Great videos TBT!

Sorry I haven't been here in a bit. I've been busy with school starting and such. I managed to squeeze in 9 rainy holes on my school course after school today and the Greensaver was just okay.

I hadn't used it in conditions as wet as these (1-2 inches of rain, still raining) yet, so I wanted to try it out. I did, and it only repaired the greens decently. It often pulled up chunks of turf because it was so incredibly wet out. I just had to take them off the prongs and put them back into the ground. Outside of pulling up some pretty big chunks (1/2 inch wide sometimes), it did a good job. When I put the ripped up parts back and stamped it down with my putter the green was good as new and I'm sure with all the rain it will reattatch to the green soon.

That's about all there is for now, and sorry for no pics or videos! I left my iPhone inside because of the pouring rain. I'll try to get pics/video of the performance in really wet conditions just after it stops raining.

Great testament about your divot repair tool Conor, anyone worried about the durability of the GreenSaver should certainly have no fears about it now. I have enjoyed this thread and have completely crossed over from the stance that I would absolutely never buy this to the stance that I will in all probability be purchasing one. Great job guys.

No golf today as I mentioned in a couple other threads. But planning on it for tomorrow.

I'll be heading out Friday am for 18 with my little guy. Should be pretty soft since we'll be getting rain pretty much all week.
GreenSaver should be put to work provided I can hit some greens.

I played on a decent team yesterday in a scramble so The GreenSaver was put to work like never before. Again, it worked perfectly. All members of the team got to use it and they all loved it. One of them is likely to buy it. I think golf courses should buy them and hand them out.

I like it more and more with each use. Still the only problem I've had has been with sandy greens.

Another couple of rounds this weekend with the Greensaver tool.
It of course worked flawlessly and to show that, here are a couple of pictures. The hole these shots are from is the 3rd hole at Liberty Lake GC, just down the street from my house. From the tips, it's a 200 yard par 3 over a beautiful little lake. The first picture is taken from the back of the green with the tee box to the left and out of the picture. I stuck my 5 iron to about 10 feet.(the farther of the 2 balls seen) The crater you see in photo #2 doesn't really show how deep it was and believe me, it was deep. Photo #3 shows the terrific job fixing the mark in about 15 seconds. I wish I could say that I made the birdie, but a lip out left me a 2 inch tap in. I do need to remember to wipe the extended probes off with a towel before putting it in my pocket. When I don't, I always get a little sand and grass left in my pocket.
Other than that, I have no complaints whatsoever with this great little tool. It does a real good job of fixing the ball marks that I make as well as the 2 or 3 that I fix on my way off the green that other golfers leave unattended.

Conor...you have a real winner here!

Shot.jpg

ballmark.jpg

Repair.jpg

It of course worked flawlessly and to show that, here are a couple of pictures. The hole these shots are from is the 3rd hole at Liberty Lake GC, just down the street from my house. From the tips, it's a 200 yard par 3 over a beautiful little lake. The first picture is taken from the back of the green with the tee box to the left and out of the picture. I stuck my 5 iron to about 10 feet.(the farther of the 2 balls seen) The crater you see in photo #2 doesn't really show how deep it was and believe me, it was deep. Photo #3 shows the terrific job fixing the mark in about 15 seconds. I wish I could say that I made the birdie, but a lip out left me a 2 inch tap in. I do need to remember to wipe the extended probes off with a towel before putting it in my pocket. When I don't, I always get a little sand and grass left in my pocket.
Other than that, I have no complaints whatsoever with this great little tool. It does a real good job of fixing the ball marks that I make as well as the 2 or 3 that I fix on my way off the green that other golfers leave unattended.

Shot.jpg

ballmark.jpg

Repair.jpg

That's impressive!

The rain has been horrible here but we need it and it will also help repair the greens from the aerification.

Only needed this thing on one hole, and it was one of those nasty ones. Of course it fixed it well. No video of it though, I thought I had missed the green and thought the ball kicked a couple feet to the right. Turned out I did hit the green and the ball did kick a couple feet to the right. We'll be going out again on Sunday, so I will have my wife to record video. Might go tomorrow, we'll see.

They did aerate all the greens, so they are really sandy. Didn't have any sand issues witht he one I fixed today.

Shot.jpg

ballmark.jpg

Repair.jpg

Hi,
Thanks for the complement. That's one great looking golf course you have there. Would'ant mind having a go at that one myself. When you get dirt left on the pins, try drawing back the top of it a few times and letting go so that the spring snaps the head forward with a bang. This usually knocks off any left over bits on sand or soil.

Conor.

Conor, very interesting to have you in this thread. I love that you are giving tips and being honest about your product.

I think the testers are doing a great job challenging the device and giving praise where it is due. I will wind up buying one of these I am sure.

got mine in the mail the other day can't wait to test it out once all this rain stops !

Hi,
Thanks for the complement. That's one great looking golf course you have there. Would'ant mind having a go at that one myself. When you get dirt left on the pins, try drawing back the top of it a few times and letting go so that the spring snaps the head forward with a bang. This usually knocks off any left over bits on sand or soil.
Conor.

Conor, if you ever make it to Eastern Washington, I'd be happy to hit the links with you. We have several great courses in this area and all are very reasonably priced.

Conor, if you ever make it to Eastern Washington, I'd be happy to hit the links with you. We have several great courses in this area and all are very reasonably priced.

Thanks for the invite'. If I do make it that far I'll be most certain to call, and it goes both ways. If any of you guys make it over this way I'd be delighted to show you some of our courses.

Thanks, Conor.

Got out for 18 this morning. Course was soaked and it was cart path only.
Got some really nice shots of the GreenSaver at work.
This was the 2nd hole. SW from 95yds.
IMG_20110909_102027.jpg

Here's after the GreenSaver repair and before tamping with my putter:
IMG_20110909_102106.jpg

Completely repaired after tamping:
IMG_20110909_102117.jpg

This pitch mark was from an 8i from about 152 yds. One hop and stop (mostly due to conditions):
IMG_20110909_110036.jpg

And repaired:
IMG_20110909_110129.jpg

This was from an LW from about 80 yds. Took one big hop and stopped:
IMG_20110909_114327.jpg

Close up:
IMG_20110909_114347.jpg

Repaired:
IMG_20110909_114411.jpg

The more I use this, the more I like it. Had some remnants of dirt and grass stick to the prongs. Just pulled the plastic back and let it snap like Conor said earlier in the thread and that was that. All clean and back in my pocket. Still no issue with it being uncomfortable in my pocket. Had it in my left pocket with my little plastic cigar tool that looks like a divot tool but has a piece that flips down to allow you to rest your cigar on so it's not on the ground. 2 balls and a couple tees in my right pocket and no issues for the round. As I continue to use it, I'm beginning to think that durability isn't going to be an issue. There hasn't been any change in it's integrity and I've played about 8 or 9 rounds with it now. Granted, I haven't gotten to the point of throwing it at my tile :act-up:, but I'm believing this little devil is going to hold up.

Still finding that best point of attack is to go at the back of the divot to get the piece of grass that folds up (don't know if that makes sense) until the piece flattens out again. Then usually quick pokes all around the pitch mark and tamp. Takes about 30 seconds total but it's worth, IMO, to get the pitch marks properly repaired on the greens.

I know my buddy that I played in Myrtle Beach that's part of my normal group of playing partners is very interested. Will probably order a couple for Christmas :present: as someone else put out there before.

Feel free to post any questions if you guys have any that aren't being answered in our posts.

Great photos Lemmi !
I don't think I need to do the concrete throwing test on mine.
I think it will hold up just fine.

Great job Lemmi, glad to see it's working well for you too! At this point, I think the only thing Connor is missing is a US distributor!

Good review Lemmiwinks. I also played 9 today and the Greensaver was great in the rain (again). Sorry for no pics/video but it just keeps raining here and I don't wanna risk getting my phone wet. Anyways, the Greensaver has held up great! All parts of it are as they were when I got it (prongs, spring, plastic, ball mark). I'm in love with this thing and hopefully some fellow THP'ers will get to try it out at a get together I'm planning. Everyone needs to buy this tool!

Great photos Lemmi !
I don't think I need to do the concrete throwing test on mine.
I think it will hold up just fine.

Great job Lemmi, glad to see it's working well for you too! At this point, I think the only thing Connor is missing is a US distributor!

Good review Lemmiwinks. I also played 9 today and the Greensaver was great in the rain (again). Sorry for no pics/video but it just keeps raining here and I don't wanna risk getting my phone wet. Anyways, the Greensaver has held up great! All parts of it are as they were when I got it (prongs, spring, plastic, ball mark). I'm in love with this thing and hopefully some fellow THP'ers will get to try it out at a get together I'm planning. Everyone needs to buy this tool!

Thanks guys.
I think you're right TripleBogie. A US distributor would really get the word out for sure on this little dandy.
Like I mentioned earlier, guys I got paired up with on Myrtle Beach were very interested in it and THP.

Thanks guys.
I think you're right TripleBogie. A US distributor would really get the word out for sure on this little dandy.
Like I mentioned earlier, guys I got paired up with on Myrtle Beach were very interested in it and THP.

Wow good call with the US distributor. This tool is a gem so as many people as possible must get this ASAP!

Hi Guys,
I like the idea of the American distributor, but I really like the idea of that gadget that keeps your cigar out of the wet grass. Any chance of showing a picture of that.

Conor.

Yessir!!!
Best $2.50 I ever spent.

IMG_20110909_220621.jpg

IMG_20110909_220649.jpg

IMG_20110909_220638.jpg

Back