Green Saver Divot Repair Tool Forum Testing Review

Cigars

Cigars

Thanks Lemmiwinks,
I've never come across a gadget like that and I just love my cigar when I'm out on the course. So much better than just sitting down to smoke one.

Conor.

Now there needs to be a gadget that the cigar smokers can use to store the butts when they are done with them.
I am finding more and more cigars just tossed on the grass and it makes me sick.

Now there needs to be a gadget that the cigar smokers can use to store the butts when they are done with them.
I am finding more and more cigars just tossed on the grass and it makes me sick.

I usually throw mine in one of the empty cup holders till it burns out (10 minutes) then toss it in the trash can at a tee box.

I usually throw mine in one of the empty cup holders till it burns out (10 minutes) then toss it in the trash can at a tee box.

That's great Lemmi! I wish more smokers would do that.
Ok...I'm off my soap box now. I don't want to hijack this thread.
Let's get back to the discussion of the Greensaver.

That's great Lemmi! I wish more smokers would do that.
Ok...I'm off my soap box now. I don't want to hijack this thread.
Let's get back to the discussion of the Greensaver.

Which is totally awesome.
Was hoping to get out for another round this weekend but it looks like it won't be till Friday.

I managed to get out for a round today...weather is great here...highs in the low 90's(which is like a cold front compared to the 110* temps over the last 2 months) Which means the course was packed full of people.

The Green Saver continued to perform flawlessly all day long. I did manage to sneak in one video early in the round, but after that it was just too busy to take the time to do video or photos.

I thought this video came out great because I used my new Flexible legged tripod to set my Flip Camera right on the green to give you a bird's eye view. (Can't wait to use it this way for putting practice!!)

[YOUTUBEHD]0u6Sb8jhhJ8[/YOUTUBEHD]

After many rounds with this tool, I won't go back to my old pitch fork. This does the job better, faster and easier...it gets a thumbs up! :good:

I managed to get out for a round today...weather is great here...highs in the low 90's(which is like a cold front compared to the 110* temps over the last 2 months) Which means the course was packed full of people.

The Green Saver continued to perform flawlessly all day long. I did manage to sneak in one video early in the round, but after that it was just too busy to take the time to do video or photos.

I thought this video came out great because I used my new Flexible legged tripod to set my Flip Camera right on the green to give you a bird's eye view. (Can't wait to use it this way for putting practice!!)

After many rounds with this tool, I won't go back to my old pitch fork. This does the job better, faster and easier...it gets a thumbs up! :good:

Great video Tim.
I'm digging the fact that you can't even tell there was pitch mark when you're done with the GreenSaver.
My photos seem 2nd rate compared to the vid's - gonna have to try one next time.

Great video Tim.
I'm digging the fact that you can't even tell there was pitch mark when you're done with the GreenSaver.
My photos seem 2nd rate compared to the vid's - gonna have to try one next time.

Thanks lemmiwinks, but not to worry your pics were great and very well done. Honestly it's much easier to get the pics than the video...the video takes a little time.

Im really just trying to get used to the video camera...bought a FlipUltra HD when Best Buy put them on closeout.

Thanks lemmiwinks, but not to worry your pics were great and very well done. Honestly it's much easier to get the pics than the video...the video takes a little time.

Im really just trying to get used to the video camera...bought a FlipUltra HD when Best Buy put them on closeout.

Probably should've grabbed one myself. Gonna have to search around for one.

Hey all. Got out for 9 today by myself. Was able to take two videos of the Greensaver in action. For the first one I found a ranger to hold my phone for me, so that was is steady. The second one I was solo so it's pretty shaky. I also didn't have my putter to tamp it down. Well here they are:

These are very low quality greens so if I used the quick method it tended to tear up the greens a bit because they weren't rooted down very well I guess. I had to go a bit slower than usual so the quality of the fix wasn't as high as it could've been. Hope you enjoy!

Oh and I also hit 2 balls into one green with epic consistancy. Here's before and after pics of the two marks:

Before:
aefc01b1-fb1e-0663.jpg

After (on either side of the Greensaver tool):
aefc01b1-fb52-9320.jpg

Same problem with not being able to go quickly. Not great repairs but they'll do. Not a knock on the Greensaver, but rather on the quality of those greens. Oh well.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Nice review's everybody, loving the video showing the use. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical when this tool was first was posted but looks like a great product and the reviews on THP have made me a believer!!

Hey all. Got out for 9 today by myself. Was able to take two videos of the Greensaver in action. For the first one I found a ranger to hold my phone for me, so that was is steady. The second one I was solo so it's pretty shaky. I also didn't have my putter to tamp it down. Well here they are:

These are very low quality greens so if I used the quick method it tended to tear up the greens a bit because they weren't rooted down very well I guess. I had to go a bit slower than usual so the quality of the fix wasn't as high as it could've been. Hope you enjoy!

Good job with the videos Damaikis, it's tough doing it without a camera man isn't it...LOL

Should be getting out in a few days again with the Green Saver. Been real wet here and didn't feel like playing in that with the Greens being punched as well, just a bad mixture. Got a Captains Choice/Scramble tournament Saturday so ill practice before then.

Great video, TBT. I was laughing at the end.

Played 18 today in rather wet conditions and the GreenSaver performed quite well as usual.

Thanks for video. I like it and want to pull trigger ,but thinking of waiting fro new release .:confused2:

Thanks for the compliments on the video guys, it's easy yo make this great product look good!

Glad you liked the Bridgestone testimonial at the end Smalls :D

Thanks for video. I like it and want to pull trigger ,but thinking of waiting fro new release .:confused2:

I know what your saying, I can tell you if Conor ends up producing one in stainless, I'm goingbto be one of the first customers!

I know what your saying, I can tell you if Conor ends up producing one in stainless, I'm goingbto be one of the first customers!

I'm going to be getting some of these for Christmas. Know a lot of people who will love this product.

I'm going to be getting some of these for Christmas. Know a lot of people who will love this product.

I already ordered one to give to my brother.

Since the start of this testing, I've gone form "that might work" to "pretty cool, not sure I'd get one" ...and now with this most recent video: "I WANT ONE!" TripleBogieTim, and many of the other testers, you make this tool look easier to use than a normal forked tool. Great job everyone. I'm looking forward to hearing how the construction and spring holds up over an even longer timeframe.

Back