Greenbrier Classic (spoilers)

Not gonna lie kinda disappointed that Tom Watson can't be there he has been one of the key advertisements and reasons i would have watched this tournament, it really does seem like all the big guns sat down and Furyk drew the short straw. on the positive side it may give Sergio or Brian Gay an opportunity to break through this year and get a win or a good result out of this one

I'm looking forward to watching tonight. I've played many many times at The Greenbrier

Yeah kind of a weak field. I'll be rooting for Overton and Crane.
I am glad Compton is on top, he's a great story.

I'd like to see Boo do well this week for sure. It's been a while for him. I think Ricky Barnes and Brendon De Jonge will do well. It is a weak field for sure, atleast not many superstars.

Is that a JOhnny Walker shirt on Furyk??? I think that may account for some of the slow play....

John Daly looking great as always. Great to see Erik Compton on top though! Still can't get over this guy since he was on Bryant Gumble.

They were talking about Erik Compton at the beginning of coverage and how his heart problems have gone. Faldo makes the comment about them covering it for the last 18 months like it's getting old or something. I think it's amazing the guy is even alive much less leading the field at 7 under.

Sergio's outfit would look much better with black pants.

They were talking about Erik Compton at the beginning of coverage and how his heart problems have gone. Faldo makes the comment about them covering it for the last 18 months like it's getting old or something. I think it's amazing the guy is even alive much less leading the field at 7 under.

Exactly. All those troubles and he's at 7 under? 7 under starting off the day with 2 bogeys? That's amazing play by anyone at the level.

And what putter is sergio using? Are my eyes bad or is it a daytona ghost?

Last edited:

I agree, he was on playing lessons with alonzo mourning, quite interesting to hear the two of them talk about transplants. Good for Erik will be rooting for sure!

Is that a JOhnny Walker shirt on Furyk??? I think that may account for some of the slow play....

JW has been a Furyk sponsor for several years. I bet a lot of Furyk's buddies like to be on his Christmas list. Santa, bring me a case of black label!!!!

Last edited:
How about this guy: Jonathan Bartlett (a)...Greenbrier is his home track and he's a +3.2. He won the 91st West Virginia State Amateur, which was also held at the Greenbrier. College roommate of Carl Pettersson.

Bartlett Interview

Did anyone else's greenbrier turn into caddy for life?

Lol... No doubt ! I had no idea thank you for the info!
JW has been a Furyk sponsor for several years. I bet a look of Furyk's buddies like to be on his Christmas list. Santa, bring me a case of black label!!!!

Sergio's outfit would look much better with black pants.

Agreed and instead of the white hat... the THP orange hat!

Woohoo! Check out our boy Boo, tied for the lead.

BOOOOOOO! you da man!

Looks like Paula Creamer is still having problems with her thumb. She was in tears after a bad lie then topped the next shot.

Looks like Paula Creamer is still having problems with her thumb. She was in tears after a bad lie then topped the next shot.

Paula is playing in the Greenbrier!!!

lol I was thinking the same thing! :D

Let's go Jeff O!
Also kind of rooting for little Richard S. Johnson to continue his roll.

Lol! No, they were showing her in the pre-game, sorry!

No worries, can't watch while at work, so I wanted to know if I totally missed something, and to razz you a bit.

Back