GRIP CHECK! What’s in the bag?

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
As we are about to enter hel….August, I’m curious what everyone is playing grip wise through the bag? Sooooooo? What ya got!?

• Staff
I’m actually rocking Z-Cords through the bag right now which is a change from past years and my beloved Tour Velvet cords.

Putter just went back to a GP SNSR Tour.

First time in a while not playing lamkin cords and having to make sure I have a towel for my hands. The tour velvet +4 midsize are great for me but they get slick when my hands start to sweat.

13 CP2 Pro's and soon to be a Super Stroke Wristlock on my putter.

Currently Tour Velvet but about to switch to Z-grip cord. Need more cord in my game!

GP TV Align

MCC Plus 4 top to bottom*

Gray on Driver, 3-wood, 5-wood, 3-Hybrid
Blue on 4i thru PW
Red on GW, SW, LW

*SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 on the flatstick

• Staff
MCC Plus 4 top to bottom*

Gray on Driver, 3-wood, 5-wood, 3-Hybrid
Blue on 4i thru PW
Red on GW, SW, LW

*SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 on the flatstick
I appreciate the color sequencing! Nice!

Went back to TV cords through the bag when I got the ZX5’s

Pure DTX

Golf pride tour wraps and completely hate them. Going back to mcc in the near future.

Lamkin UTX “made for” the Callaway 2020 offering. Just like standard UTX minus the cords. I love these grips and would buy many more but can’t find them anywhere. Lamkin won’t respond to inquiries either. They freshen with a moist towel to like new for every shot and are a lot easier on my hands than those with the cords. Love these things.

golf pride zgrip cord. i really like the cord in these. although they rough up my hands pretty good. i always need cord for moisture management.

Back