GRIP CHECK! What’s in the bag?

Driver, FWs and hybrid - Lamkin UTx
Iron set - GP Tour Velvet Cord
Wedges - Lamkin Z5
Putter - SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0

CP2 Wrap MID.

Drivers, 3W: Lamkin R.E.L. ACE (the last ones I had booo wish they still made them)
3H: random ping grip I had around (want to replace this club anyways)
Irons: GP Tour Velvet midsize (might go back to standard next time)
Putters: I rotate between 3 putters. Ping PP58 midsize (no cord), GP Tour Classic (midsize), standard issue Odyssey WHP (will replace with midsize something eventually)

12 :Lamkin: Sonar + mid & 1 Oversized on my driver

Sinkfit Pistol Rubber on the putter

Still rocking the Z-Grip Cords in midsize. Still haven't found something better despite trying quite a few other grips the past couple years.

I feel like they're slightly smaller than some other midsize grips though so I usually go +1 wrap when installing.

The Tour Velvet Align came on my Epic Max LS. Liked it so much put it on all my clubs +2 wraps. My putter grip is the Golf Pride Pro Only cord 81cc green. I really like this putter grip and feel like I've never putted better.

Lamkin TS1 in wedges, irons, 3W and driver. 5W is the stock Taylormade grip. Putter is the Flatcat Solution I won here a few years ago.

CP2 wrap mid on all. CP2 wraps delivered today going on c721s in the morning

I have the Taylormade Tour Velvets on my irons and Lamkin crossline midsize on my wedges and woods. I am going to swap out my everything to the Tour Velvets so that I have a similar feel on everything. Just haven't done it because my woods and wedges were newish so I didn't want to just toss them.

MCC+4. Tried TV+4, but prefer the MCC.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

MCC on irons, Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid on fairways, TV on Hybrid and driver, and TV+4 on wedges - a mishmash.

Lots of Z Soft, some Dri-Tac wraps, and some Super Stroke wraps. Couple woods and main driver have Lamkin R.E.L.s.

Nothing but GP MCC + Midsize on everything but the Super Stroke Skull version on the putter.

MCC Plus 4 Midsize across the board.

Full swing clubs, MCCs since I can't find UTx grips anywhere. Standards with colors matching the clubs for D-4H. MCC+4 (what I could find at the time) grey on my irons and standard MCC bumblebees on my wedges currently.

Putter is currently SNSR 104 but I've got an Edel round grip to try out here soon on my Sik as well.

The grips are shot... Need new ones!

GP Tour Velvet Align and I said I was going back to SuperStroke S-Techs after this season, but now I'm not quite sure. I'm getting a lot more comfortable with the TV's and they are holding up much better than the S-Techs.

Tour velvet for my clubs.

CP2 Tour Wrap Mid on driver/woods/irons
Super Stroke 2.0 on 3rd Team Putter, GolfPride Pistol on 2nd Teamer, Rosemark Thorn 1.25 on Starter

Golf Pride MCC +4 on all swing clubs except for wedges. Those have Tour Velvet.

MCC +4 Align, standard.

Never thought I would love MCC grips, but I LOVE them

I need to do a side by side comparison between the two but I think I need to re-evaluate my grip choice. I have been using MCC Midsize +4 and think it might be a bit too much. I am thinking about opting for Tour Velvet +4 with like 2 wraps of masking tape. I'll at least get a mid iron redone once the grips wear more to see if I like that. I play with the driver grip more since I am rotating through shafts and heads like crazy but I am running a standard Tour Velvet with 2 wraps of masking tape and it allows me to turn over the driver more effortlessly. I would rather be able to weaken my grip than have to feel like I am playing super strong.

I also notice that with a fundamentally good swing I can get a nasty push shot with my current grips, was never an issue when I played standard Tour Velvets.

Back