Luchnia

You will never conquer golf.
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you match your grips across all of your clubs or do you use a mixed bag? Would it affect your game if you had different grips and different colors? I have a feeling it does affect us, but maybe just my imagination.

I have the same grips on my irons, different grips on my wedges, different grips on my woods, and a different grip on my driver and putter. They are all Golf Pride grips except for the putter (Cameron grip). They are also different colors (irons have same color).

I try to grip all of my swing clubs the same, buuuut, I don’t immediately yank a grip if I’ve got a club in the bag that doesn’t match. As long as it’s not somewhere really weird, like a 6 iron or something, I’m ok with different grips.

Makes no difference to me at all. Different grip on driver to 3 wood to hybrid to irons to wedges.

Possibly if all the irons were mismatched I would notice, but otherwise, so long as I like the grip, no problems with differences.

Mine are all the same top to bottom right now. I used to do one type/color on wood and wedges, and same type different color on irons.

I have a Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G on every club except my putter.
That includes the "swap in" or "swap out" clubs in excess of fourteen.
Because I don't wear a glove, I don't like anything but simulated leather wrap-type grips, wiped with a towel if I'm sweating..
When I did wear a glove, it didn't matter as much.

I didn't worry previously. But once I regripped all my clubs with the same grip and wraps etc, I realized I will never mixed it up again. Now there are times where a mix of grips will happen. For example with a new club I'll play with a different grip for awhile, but if it stays in the bag, new grip to match. I love having that consistent feel in the hands across clubs.

I’m ok with different grips on woods vs irons vs wedges but I like to keep things consistent within those groups. I’m due to regrip this spring and I will use same grip, different color for 6 v 9 and each wedge if I can. Happens at least three times a year and if I can eliminate that variable it’s probably worth it.

My driver is a Golf Pride align, 3 wood and 4-pw are Lamkin Crosslines, 5 wood is a tour velvet, 52 and 56 are Lamkin UTx and my 60 is Golf Pride New Decade. Reeeaaaallll mash up in my bag :D

Mostly the same with align grips.. but I have standard grip on my driver

MCC Plus 4 Standard on everything except the driver.

Mine are all the same top to bottom right now. I used to do one type/color on wood and wedges, and same type different color on irons.
For some reason, I think my wedge grips being different is playing with my brain some, or maybe I simply am struggling with my Vokeys and need to practice more. I would like to think it is the first and not the later. The only way I will be able to tell is re-grip my vokes to match my irons ;)

Mixed bag. My goal is to give @Canadan an aneurism.

I much prefer ribbed grips. I turn over about 2 clubs a year outside of basic iron set. I buy used mostly. 2nd year when the newest bestest are 1/2 price or less. If comes with ok ribbed grip it stays till I regrip full set. Which I do every year as I play close to 100 rounds a year with 20 visits to range too.

Ultimately I’d like em to all be the same. Yet they are not. Even the size is different on a few of them. Need to get that fixed.

I use the same grip on all of my full swing clubs, usually have a few spares for testing different shafts as well.

all My grips are different except my 4-pw are the same. I have thought often about regripping them all but haven’t pulled the trigger yet

This is where my OCD has some fun. I use MCC +4 on everything BUT i use different colors as a swing reminder. I know its goofy, but its better than having a checklist written on my glove that i can see at address lol

Driver = Red = Slow and easy, stop over swinging
FW = Grey = Old man swing, tempo tempo tempo
Irons = Blue = Finish hands high to touch the sky
Wedges = Green = Go time, get that money

Have same black full cord grips (GO Tour Velvet Cord) on Driver - PW and red and white half cord grips (Lamkin Z5) on wedges. Just always preferred half cord on wedges and full cord on woods for some reason. Can go with either on iron set.

Z Grip cord on driver, Z Grip Align on 3w - GW, Tour Velvet BCT on wedges. Cord all the way

I use to be very ocd about my grips, but, right now, I have 4 different grips, Lamkin Crossline 360, Crossline, Crossline cord, and, Golfpride Tour Velvet. I am slowly switching to non-cord grips. As for effect on my game, it doesn't seem to matter much any more, it is more personal preference, than, anything else. Grips are your connection to your golf clubs, so, if you notice a difference, you would be better off with the same grip.

Back