Grip recommendations???

Trmpt98

2024 Vokey / 2023 GOAT Cup / 2019 Bridgestone
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Previously I used Winn Dri-tac grips and really liked them with the exception of durability. I switched over the the Golf Pride MCC +4 Align and like them during spring but once it gets hot/humid my hands sweat and I can feel the club twist during impact, especially on toe shots. Does anyone have a recommendation for a softer grip that works well in these conditions? I like the look of the Dri-Tac X but the reviews I see online aren't the greatest. Thanks for any suggestions!

Golf Pride CP2 Wrap or Microsuede

Another vote for microsuede.

I really like the CP2 Wrap in the AZ heat. I can’t speak to humidity performance. 😉

CP 2 wrap by Golf Pride are very good.

Thanks for the recommendations. I have tried the CP2 Wrap but ran into the same issue with them getting slick in humid conditions. As much as I liked the softness of them I actually lost grip on a humid day once. I've also been trying out the dry glove stuff to help cut down on the sweaty hands. I think I'm going to give the Lamkin ST Hybrid a go and see how it compares.

I have a microsude grip I took off a club I bought but never played it so I'll try that out also.

I really liked the GP Microsuede as well but use Royal Grip Perf Wrap on irons and woods. I play in hot dry New Mexico but at <$4 each, it’s worth a try.

Stick with the winn grips...from one sweaty hand guy to another.

Just a thought, but would wearing "rain gloves" help?
I do this occasionally when my hands get really wet from the heat and humidity. @JB will protest though if he finds a glove on both hands 🤣

I exclusively use a FootJoy RainGrip glove during the summer. I would recommend trying this as well. Not only do they grip well when wet, but the back is vented substantially so you don't sweat that much in the first place.

Wearing a wrist sweatband on my glove hand yesterday in a hot and very humid round helped tremendously.

Golf Pride Tour Wrap. When they get slick, a quick wipe with a wet towel & they get their tackiness back. I have the same issues but these certainly help. Plus, extra gloves.

which dritac are you using??? I use dritac lites and am lucky that I get 6-12 months out of mine. It helps that I practice with my old set most of the time. If I did not do that then I'd have some grips biting the dust at 6 for sure. Just put on a regular dritac on my driver. Not long enough to see if it wears same or different then the lites.

Interesting. I like the CP2 wrap, and have used them in the past but this problem is exactly why I switched over to the MCC +4. I like that corded feeling when raining, or hot.

Lamkin crossline gray, there is a reason they were selected for the C721's.

After multiple years of finding the right combination I have now settled on the Golf Pride CP2 wrap….great grip.

I live in AL and I also sweat like crazy. I've used the Pure DTX grips the past 2 years and have found those work the best, although I haven't tried the microsuede. I use the Footjoy rain gloves if it gets really bad and those help the most.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have sweaty hands and have had good luck with the Lamkin St+2 Hybrid with Calibrate. I still sometimes wear two gloves ,so it's a non-issue, but they've been great with a bare hand as well.

Those who have the CP2, what's the durability like? I'm really on the fence of wanting a softer grip but not wanting the durability issues with the Winn dri tac. I've been testing a buddies CP2's on his clubs and they don't feel as slick as I remembered, maybe it was just a super humid day or something.

Those who have the CP2, what's the durability like? I'm really on the fence of wanting a softer grip but not wanting the durability issues with the Winn dri tac. I've been testing a buddies CP2's on his clubs and they don't feel as slick as I remembered, maybe it was just a super humid day or something.

Sonar grip black/blue

Iomic sticky. They are not made of rubber and are waterproof/resistant

I like the Lamkin ST +2 Hybrid. I don't care for the Align because I may want to close or open the club and the Align/Calibrate bothers me.

I've found that Lamkin grips tend to last longer than GP. BUT some Lamkins are made in Mexico and others are made in China. I tend to go for the ones in Mexico if no one is making grips in USA.

Also, Grip Master or Best Grips - both Leather - are good for sweaty hands. I prefer Grip Master.

You might also carry 3 golf gloves in the bag and change them out during a round.

Back