Grip recommendations???

I sweat a ton here in Houston. Was very luck to find a local business that makes leather grips with a ton of tack - BestGrips.Com. They've done my grips for the last decade or so and I can't say enough about the durability and the tackiness that is in the grips they make. If you want a ton of confidence in your grip during a humid, hot summer round, check them out.

I sweat a ton here in Houston. Was very luck to find a local business that makes leather grips with a ton of tack - BestGrips.Com. They've done my grips for the last decade or so and I can't say enough about the durability and the tackiness that is in the grips they make. If you want a ton of confidence in your grip during a humid, hot summer round, check them out.

I was so close to pulling the trigger on them and likely will someday, but I just bought some iomic stickys

I have very sweaty hands and currently using Dri Tac with success however want to try a different feel. I didn’t do as well with MC or CP 2. The Pure DTX FELT TOO Harsh FOR ME.
I’m currently looking at the ST+2 and Sticky and interested in your experience.
I do like the feel of the Tour Wrap and might try them with the towel.

I was so close to pulling the trigger on them and likely will someday, but I just bought some iomic stickys

The iomic sticky were an experiment that lasted 1 round of golf. Hated them. They felt thin and not as tacky as the GP tour velvet plus 4. Went back to those

Putter grip master grip leather
All other clubs Z cord mid
And if they don’t have them then lamkin hybrid.

Last edited:
Reviving an old thread. I wear a large glove (8" from crease to tip), and think I need to go up a size in grips to Midsize. My forearm tendons have been aching lately, and think a midsize grip may help. Thoughts? Grip recommendations for my sweaty hands?

Reviving an old thread. I wear a large glove (8" from crease to tip), and think I need to go up a size in grips to Midsize. My forearm tendons have been aching lately, and think a midsize grip may help. Thoughts? Grip recommendations for my sweaty hands?
Since I got zero input on the questions posed above, I decided to still take the plunge and regrip all my clubs to midsize. I play today and am hoping for the best. I settled on the
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Golf Grips in red/black.

1689852965327.png

Thanks for the recommendations. I have tried the CP2 Wrap but ran into the same issue with them getting slick in humid conditions. As much as I liked the softness of them I actually lost grip on a humid day once. I've also been trying out the dry glove stuff to help cut down on the sweaty hands. I think I'm going to give the Lamkin ST Hybrid a go and see how it compares.

I have a microsude grip I took off a club I bought but never played it so I'll try that out also.

As well as grip..

Wrist Bands help

Dry Hands

All grips, and I've played the Lamkin ST+2, but am trying something else for now, will slip in this perversely bake a human weather. Your hands will get sweat on them from the arms, wrists, and from the glove. When desperate, I've gone to two gloves at times. But the wrist bands and Dry Hands help.

@ULEWZ The MMC+4 will lose grip where there is no cord after a few months of use. You need to clean them constantly. Midsize will help your overly large hands. Good luck.

Oops, wrong grips (was just going by memory). I got the Golf Pride MCC New Decade grips:

1689857268474.png

My understanding is OldandStiff prefers HeadBands, but in my case I just take two Towels, one for Clubs and one for me. As for Grips I had always previously used Lamkin Cord but during Covid they weren't avail so installed the +4s. So far so good.

I am interested in how the midszie work out for you. I have the same glove size and may look into switching to midsize down the road, too. No recommendations for sweat, though. Golfpride has never let me down after years.

There have been times I've spent a good deal of time practicing out in the back yard--more than I should, sometimes, really, in hot, humid weather where the sweat would literally be dripping off my forehead as I bent over the ball, and I've never had a problem with slippage with GP CP2 Pros. I do not wear a glove.

The most I've ever had to do was give my hands and the grip a quick wipe-down with a towel when things got too wet.

I've also played or practiced with those grips in the cold and once even in light rain. No problem.

Back