Grip/Shaft Question

BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
So I am looking to regrip basically my whole bag (except for driver/56*) this winter. I think I know what I want for grips, but I have a question before I decide. Before varsity season, I put a new golf pride VDR grip on my driver (standard size). I like how it feels, not too thin but not too thick. My question would be, will that feel change on my irons/wedge/hybrid, assuming that I put VDRs on them too? If it helps, my Driver shaft is an Aldila Tour AD stiff, irons have True Temper DG S300s, and the hybrid has a Fujikura Motore 63g shaft.

Also, does "standard" and "midsize" grip thickness change between companies, or will each grip have the same thickness (I know standard and midsize will be different, but I mean like, would a standard VDR and a standard Lamkin Crossline feel about as thick as on another)?

Thanks in advance!

BDG

So I am looking to regrip basically my whole bag (except for driver/56*) this winter. I think I know what I want for grips, but I have a question before I decide. Before varsity season, I put a new golf pride VDR grip on my driver (standard size). I like how it feels, not too thin but not too thick. My question would be, will that feel change on my irons/wedge/hybrid, assuming that I put VDRs on them too? If it helps, my Driver shaft is an Aldila Tour AD stiff, irons have True Temper DG S300s, and the hybrid has a Fujikura Motore 63g shaft.

Also, does "standard" and "midsize" grip thickness change between companies, or will each grip have the same thickness (I know standard and midsize will be different, but I mean like, would a standard VDR and a standard Lamkin Crossline feel about as thick as on another)?

Thanks in advance!

BDG
I re-gripped my entire bag with the VDR's before my varsity season too. I have not noticed any change throughout the bag. They feel very good on each club. As far as I know, the size is about the same. I have a few Lamkin grips laying around, and they feel the same size as the golf pride. You can also check on their websites. Most usually give the size.

Not sure if there is a industry standard on grip sizes, but I think there is, at least close. I use the same grips on all my clubs. I want them all to feel the same in my hands. I agree that you should be able to find some info on each OEM's website as far as size and weight.

I don't think you'll see a big difference but you'll probably have to to some research on each manufacturer's product and then it'll be trial and error once you get them on the clubs themselves.

anyone else have any ideas? I have looked on the sites but I am still a bit curious...

BDG

I think midsuze is standard threw all manufactures. I have used different midsize grips and could never tell a difference

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

The grips are .600 in core size and the irons shafts are also .600 in the butt so you are good to go. Many grips and shafts have different core/butt sizes from .560 to .640 but yours are the same .600. Hope this helps.

The grips are .600 in core size and the irons shafts are also .600 in the butt so you are good to go. Many grips and shafts have different core/butt sizes from .560 to .640 but yours are the same .600. Hope this helps.

Thank You Gus that is exactly what I'm looking for. VDRs here I come!

Back