Votes: 61 98.4%

• Total voters

GraniteRoost

Flying Rocks
Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
Simple poll. Which way to you do it? Why?

I do it straight, just because it’s quick and easy.

I do it straight, just because it’s quick and easy.

I'm expecting this will be a popular answer. It's how I do it, though a long time ago I can remember only having 3/4" tape and spiral wrapping. I was considering giving it a go again.

Straight....just easier and faster.

Straight.

Straight, mainly because I think it is quicker to apply, and gets a more even coverage.

I also think it might use less tape overall than spiral.... but I am probably wrong.

Spiraling is great but I don't know of a person (or company) who for the last 20 years has done it. If any company still does spiral it is Ping, but I doubt it.

I voted both. Either way should work without issue.

Spiral, less tape, less solvent, never get grip stuck... this isn't rocket science... how much easier a thing is it to put tape on?? and have folks worrying about overlap seams and/or tucking it in end???

how many use water and air pressure in end of grip hole?

Straight due to time and ease.

straight when I'm using the wide tape, spiral when I'm using the skinny tape

Straight, easier to start and stop extra wraps in the lower hand.

Straight. No reason to mess around doing spiral 👍

Straight: Less Time, Effort, & Solvent.

Straight 2" double-sided tape with all clubs except putters. Spiral single-sided 3/4" tape with putters so I can get the grips off easily with air. When you change grips on a collection of 35+ putters as often as I do, you need to save them for future use easily, lol.

Straight. Quick and easy.

Straight. I experimented with spiral wrap on the last set irons I did. Takes more tape, takes more time, and has no other added benefit regarding ease of installation, lubrication or long term adhesion. Spiral does look nicer, more professional, just before sliding the grip on but no one sees it.

Spiraling is great but I don't know of a person (or company) who for the last 20 years has done it. If any company still does spiral it is Ping, but I doubt it.

think you might be right. I regripped a Ping wedge for a neighbor last summer and it was a spiral job.

Yes, Ping does spiral wrapping, and their techs do it faster than you could imagine; I saw it with my own eyes during the THP Championships a couple years ago.

Straight. And yeah because I'm lazy and it's easier.

What's the benefit to spiral?

I go straight. However when I used to buy double sided adhesive in a roll I would spiral it for gripping.

Back