Gripe About Covid Thread (No Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok,

So the Mods are probably eye rolling me, šŸ˜‚, Thatā€™s not my intent. Letā€™s gripe about the physical aspects of this illness. Let it out. Just keep politics out of it.

So me personally, itā€™s been a year. 80-100 hour work weeks. 3-4 rounds of golf, none since May. THIS IS NOT POLITICAL-get it, donā€™t, donā€™t care-but Iā€™ve spent the year ā€œVaccinatingā€ America. Yay. I chose not to get it for personal reasons, Iā€™ve been very ill in the past couple years and my Oncologist advised against it.

So I got fit and hoped that would be enough. As much contact as I have had, itā€™s amazing it took until now, I actually thought I might be immune? Nope, lady friend got it, now I do.

Iā€™m sick as heck, donā€™t get me wrong. But with the misery Iā€™ve been through, this is really not much. The breathing is a little disconcerting. Iā€™m not used to coughing until I puke. But Iā€™m really in no danger. When that happens my O2 level drops significantly, but otherwise itā€™s mostly 90ā€™s.

Iā€™ve been in the best shape so far so Iā€™ve been cooking for her family and me. Doesnā€™t even matter if itā€™s good or not, not a one of us can taste a thing, lol. Gives me a purpose each day though. No matter how crappy I feel, they feel worse and need to eat.

So I know this can be a lot worse, Iā€™ve attended too many funerals. Still sucks, but Iā€™ve dealt with worse.

Main symptoms, Almost Zero % taste and smell-I can tell if something is salty or spiced, even if itā€™s only to tell that. I had a Liquid IV earlier, it was salty? Supposed to be Lemon/Lime? Debatable, šŸ¤£.

Respiratory problems. Theyā€™re real. I only have 50-60% lung capacity to start so itā€™s a concern when I canā€™t breathe. That said Iā€™m in no mortal danger, but jeesh. Itā€™s not fun here.

Luckily Iā€™ve felt ā€œokā€ mainly. Fever is low if at all. I even worked out last night, and if you know me Iā€™m an all or nothing guy. So it was full.

So feeding my folks, eating too to keep strength up, thatā€™s important right now. Keeping vitamins and hydration flowing. Important. Whining about it on an Internet forum? Important! šŸ˜‚.

Sending some positive thoughts to you and your family. Hope you both pull through quickly!

Good luck, had a few clients that were intubated during Delta and fortunately, made it back. Stay as fit as possible.

Iā€™m goodā€¦. So far.

Just canā€™t sleep so wanted to whine, šŸ˜‚.

If I canā€™t sleep, itā€™s not attainable. I have every medicine/tool to place me there. Iā€™ve taken as many as I can without it being dangerous. If I take any more I run the risk of sleep walking.

Sleep ainā€™t happening right now. So I guess I do feel pretty darn rough.

My covid experience at the end of August was horrible. I had a fever for almost three weeks. It got as high as 104 and I was hospitalized for 9 days with breathing issues and a blood clot in my lung. All told, I missed 28 days of work before the doctor said I was healthy enough to resume normal activities. I'm in relatively good shape, but it kicked my ass. My ex-gf was the one that gave it to me and she just had body aches and lost her taste/smell. Oddly enough, I didn't lose my taste or anything. It's so strange how it affects everyone differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back