Grips: best for help with finger pain?

Lambkin crossline over size and Karma ribbed jumbo/

I'm here to say Jumbo Max STR8 JMX Ultralite in size XS. I have some arthritis in my both hands and these have helped me a ton!

Also got a hand massager that does wonders, if I can ever pry it away from my wife!

Golf Pride CP2 or Pro or Lamkin Comfort Plus. All 3 have been better for me than my previous MCC +4.

I wear a ML Cadet glove. Midsize MCC+4 with an extra wrap under the bottom hand to reduce taper a little more has bee the answer for me, it keeps me from having to close my hands so far, and even keeps the hook under control.
Sometimes. LOL

First off, I have arthritis in my wrists and thumbs and maybe my right elbow. I like the feel of midsize +4s and the lamkin version of the same. I do not need midsize grips and they may take the wristiness out a bit, sacrificing distance, but for me they feel best and reduce overall pain.

I take Glucosimine + Chondroitin and Tumreic (both from Costco), do they help - no idea, but my othropedist and my general MD said they take them as well - so if they are good enough for them, they are good enough for me. I sometimes wonder what I would feel like if I did not take them.

Oh also, about 30% of the time, I take 2 Naproxen before the round - seems to help but again, not sure if it's really needed or not.

First off, I have arthritis in my wrists and thumbs and maybe my right elbow. I like the feel of midsize +4s and the lamkin version of the same. I do not need midsize grips and they may take the wristiness out a bit, sacrificing distance, but for me they feel best and reduce overall pain.

I take Glucosimine + Chondroitin and Tumreic (both from Costco), do they help - no idea, but my othropedist and my general MD said they take them as well - so if they are good enough for them, they are good enough for me. I sometimes wonder what I would feel like if I did not take them.

Oh also, about 30% of the time, I take 2 Naproxen before the round - seems to help but again, not sure if it's really needed or not.
All that stuff is good-for awhile.. Body gets used to it, then you gotta take more to have any effect. I did all that stuff, now, just take fish oil, and live with the pain. My body will get used to it. If the pain is really bad, a visit to the doctor is in order. She knows I do not like taking pain killers. Just don't want to get into the habit of reaching for something every time I ache. I really try NOT to think about the pain. Rubs and ointments help with the serious aches. I am in and out of an 18 wheeler all day, up and down, up dock ladders, moving freight when needed. Will be 66 in November, not sure when I'm retiring.. Playing golf is decent excercise, though I don't walk anymore. Wife and I walk a few evenings a week, while the weather is good...

Re: Turmeric

Thanks, for sharing. Can you buy it retail? I see it is sold out on their web site.
Lots of makers of Turmeric. The one I'm using now my wife acquired at either Costco or Sam's Club, I think? Just make sure it includes Curcumin. Improves absorption You might also try CBD oil or gummies. I've found the combination of Turmeric and CBD helps with my various aches and pains.

As for grips: I'm partial to GP CP2 Pros. I have large hands, so I"m now fitting jumbo grips to everything.

I have a touch of arthritis here and there, and sometimes suffer inexplicable finger pain between the joints.

GP CP2 Wrap midsize. Its materials aren't as hard of a compound as many other grips and it does a great job of damping vibration.

I have arthritis in my hands and have found that a few minutes with the Theragun across the fingers and thumb with a light grip before and after a round works wonders.

If you need to, then I suggest taking the non-pain killers in a way where you go on an off so they never really 'get used' to it. My Ortho is a real curmudgeon - no bedside manner - lot's of people (I have read reviews) just hate him. My wife, daughter and I (all have had things fixed by him), he is not perfect, but if he says he takes those things - and nay says everything! Then, I am about sold, and the low cost and fact that these things do not make your body any worse (like some prescription pain killers do), I'll keep taking them and have reduced overall pain.

I take the Naproxen less than I should most likely, and the only prescriptions I am on are for allergies - I am 62+ year old anomaly, good BP, good cholesterol, good everything - other than the arthritis, vision and hearing - none of which are easily fixed (if at all) by meds or surgery). I do believe - if you can tolerate it, that exercise (though it may feel counterintuitive) helps with pain, I work out 2-4 times a week - jogging and weights, walk as often golfing as I can (with electric pushcart), I think these things have helped as much as the supplements. Maybe it's a combination.

Funny thing about our Ortho, he was going to be a Ranger - was at the US Army/Military Academy, got a bad back, was tossed from the program and ended up in medicine, he was a Ortho for the Washington Football Team and Hockey Team as well - though long ago. Pre-Snyder when the NFL owners took pride in having better MDs! (ha)

Back