Grips thickness....regular , mid, large ? Or some other

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
What size grip thickness do you play with.
Are they similar on all your clubs or perhaps different on irons vs woods?
Did you change size and find helped your game?
The clubs feel different for sure imo
I use midsize on everything and when I did switch to them it was much more comfy to swing my clubs. It was amazing to me how much lighter my swing weight felt on my driver especially. Plus my hands simply sit better. I use to get a little hand sore in spots when i was practice ranging daily and when i switched that also subsided.
I know some of you have custom wrapped sizes too.
Just something i asked about years back when i switched but we dont talk of much (that ive seen) possibly worth the chat.

I have standard grips on all of my clubs. Been that way for over 50 yrs.

I like midsize or just slightly larger than.

Slightly less than halfway between standard and midsize. Normally use .580 grips on .600 shafts to achieve that size. If grip is also .600, I add two extra of build-up tape.

Midsize CP2 Wrap. I like the vibration damping and reduced taper. I’ve tried an extra wrap or two on the bottom hand but couldn’t tell it did anything for me.

I had been getting everything re-gripped in midsize. When I got my Mav MAX driver I thought to try a jumbo. It felt really good. Then, when I got my 4h, I think it was, I thought to double-check. The young lady behind the counter hauled out a loose leaf binder and located a fitting chart. You laid your hand on it and it told you which you should use. I was right on the cusp between midsize and jumbo. We discussed it and she felt jumbo would be better for me, so that's what I had put on.

That felt so good that my new 3w got a jumbo.

Then, with my recent wedge purchase, when I remarked to my club guy I needed to get he re-gripped, he said it looked like I should be using a jumbo.

Now everything except my irons has been re-re-gripped with jumbos. My irons will be, too, unless I decide to upgrade them.

I wear an XL glove, and sometimes even those are marginal.

mid-size on all clubs, different brands but all mid-size

I wear a med large cadet glove, but midsize MCC+4 with 1 extra wrap under the right hand keeps the ball flight just how I like it. Gap, sand and lob wedge are a midsize with 2 extra wraps undervright hand. It helps me execute shots with more hand action, and calming a hook with wedges is a non issue.....

I have regular Golf Pride +4 on most clubs. That said, I'm going to try a few Golf Pride Tour Velvet in midsize because the +4 weren't available.

I like the feeling of a thicker bottom hand.

Midsize across the board here.

Have settled into Lamkin Sonar - black-blue. So, a standard plus size. I think these are game improvment grips.

Mid and a regular feels terrible! It's weird trying clubs and they have the small grips.. grrr

For years I played a standard. Recently got fitted for a iron set and realized midsize was better for me. Better control. Better feeling. Midsize on everything that swings.

I use MCC+4 and love how they make the club feel in my hand and help me to reduce my grip pressure. I sometimes get lazy with the club face and leave it open and wonder if I should switch to the standard mid-size to help in turning over my right hand - I may switch the next time I regrip my clubs

Midsized grips and built up about +5 lower and +3 top if I remember correctly. I can vary on the wraps a bit, but feel I need midsized for sure. I’ve tried a lot of variations over the years and so far this is the best for me that I’ve done. I also get “fit” to midsized when doing the hand measurements and stuff too.

I knew many custom fit wrapped for fit but I never knew it was sometimes also done upper half vs lower half for each hand differently. Interesting just how far club fitting can go.

MCC+4’s, but I just picked up a 3W that’s got a MCC+4 and really like the way it feels. Might make its way through the set. So much easier to choke down on the +4’s.

I think the old way of thinking was that larger grips would inhibit your release or some BS.

Standard on irons and wedges, currently trying mcc+4 midsize on my fairway woods, jumbomax medium on my driver.

Mine are midsize +2 wraps. I do have large hands but I can't decide if these are just a little too large. Going to discuss it at my next lesson in October.

Hit the Midsize MCC+4 yesterday that’s on a Titleist 910 fd. Other than that club being a friggin hammer, that grip might just be the ticket. Definitely feel like I’m not death gripping the thing. If you take your finger tips and touch your palm, it takes tension to do so. Release the tension and your hand opens a bit. The bigger grip is almost like starting at “zero”, if that makes sense.

Right now, it’s midsize plus 4 wraps.

Jumbo on all my clubs.

MCC+4 standard

I use midsize on all of the clubs. I made the switch a few months ago.

Back