Grits - Yay or Nay?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Had some jalapeño cheddar grits last night at my bday dinner out with the Doc, and thought about how much I like grits, but it’s such a regional thing.

Had JB not pressed me to try them at a staff retreat I think I’d have thought of them always as malt-o-meal.

Do you like grits? Nah? What flavors?

yes! any way they’re made, i’ll take em.

• Staff
Absolutely. Some of my favorites I have had are Pirate House in Savanah, Rodies in Hammock Beach, Nose Dive in Greenville, SNOB in Charleston and there are a number of places in and around Nashville that can give them a run.

Shrimp and Grits are amazing.

• Staff
Absolutely. Some of my favorites I have had are Pirate House in Savanah, Rodies in Hammock Beach, Nose Dive in Greenville, SNOB in Charleston and there are a number of places in and around Nashville that can give them a run.

Shrimp and grits.....YES.

Love grits. Perhaps it's the southern heritage influence on my father's side :)

Favorite grits dish ever: Cheese grits with Cajun shrimp and Andouille sausage :love:

Yes. Shrimp and grits are my favorite.

Grew up with plain grits and only butter on top and tolerated them. If you get fancy with cheese and jalapeños then I'm more enthusiastic. We make more polenta here at home.

• Staff
I had some hatch green chile and sharp cheddar grits once that were insane.

Grew up with plain grits and only butter on top and tolerated them. If you get fancy with cheese and jalapeños then I'm more enthusiastic. We make more polenta here at home.
See, I relate to this. Plain Jane grits are a no for me.

Grits with gulf shrimp!

I’ve seen it on the odd menu, but had to google it. It’s a nay from me.

I've not had them often but have enjoyed them when I have. Pretty sure they were cheese grits.

I had some hatch green chile and sharp cheddar grits once that were insane.
Rodies in Hammock Beach where we did our private dinner for Hogan had pickled sharp cheddar and jalapeño or smoked Gouda and Cajun spices as their specialties each day

Yes. Love ‘em.

Rodies in Hammock Beach where we did our private dinner for Hogan had pickled sharp cheddar and jalapeño or smoked Gouda and Cajun spices as their specialties each day
Oh hell, Gouda would be INSANE in grits

Those spicy grits were phenomenal at Rodie’s. I’ve been craving their breakfast a lot recently lol

I don't eat them often, but I like them. These repeated references to cheddar jalapeño grits have me wanting to try them, I've never had them that way and it sounds delicious.

grits with butter and smoked pepper jack deer sausage one of my favorites

Those spicy grits were phenomenal at Rodie’s. I’ve been craving their breakfast a lot recently lol
So good, right? And such rich and creamy. Inconspicuous place where the food is tremendous

Love them.. that is all..

Grits are awesome. I basically like 100% of things made from corn meal.

Back