Grits - Yay or Nay?

Heck yeah.Plain with a little butter or better yet with red eyed gravy and some country ham and biscuits.

I love grits. I grew up eating them at home. I’ve also had some that are horrific. Most folks use too much fluid in the recipe resulting in a watery mess.

I don’t cook mine in water. I use milk or half and half, and melted butter. you can always add a little more fluid to get the consistency you prefer.

Some hot buttered grits covered with good sausage gravy is awesome. Baked cheese grits with ham or roasted pork is amazing.

Grits, butter, salt... Heaven!

I agree with @Parrot ... make them with milk and not water. Love me some grits

Cheese grits - yes, I will eat them. When I lived in Houston, they served them all the time with scrambled eggs and ham/bacon. A little tabasco and the world is good again.

I just made green Chile chipotle cheese grits in my instant pot….and they are INSANE.

I just made green Chile chipotle cheese grits in my instant pot….and they are INSANE.

That sounds fantastic! I love green chile.

Yes!!! I've always just made/had savory grits though. I'm not opposed to sweet I've just never had them.

What kind of cheese?

I’m sad that it took until I was 30 to have good grits.

Good grits are……just divine.

From the perspective of an Englishman who’s spent a lot of time in the US… my perception of grits is that a lot of places that serve it do it a disservice. Good grits is 🔥. Bad grits is trash.

From the perspective of an Englishman who’s spent a lot of time in the US… my perception of grits is that a lot of places that serve it do it a disservice. Good grits is 🔥. Bad grits is trash.
Fact. Bad grits are….atrocious.

I’m sad that it took until I was 30 to have good grits.

Good grits are……just divine.
I make grits with cream. It makes them so much better.

That’s all I knew grits as growing up. Ugh.

I remember the first time I had real grits. I felt like I had been lied to my whole life.

I remember the first time I had real grits. I felt like I had been lied to my whole life.
Yup, same. I was actually with @JB and he convinced me to try them. I was besides myself mad at what I’d been missing.

Yup, same. I was actually with @JB and he convinced me to try them. I was besides myself mad at what I’d been missing.
Good grits topped with good sausage gravy are slap yo' mama good.

THe Best
Love to make these, add a little butter Pepper and toss and over easy egg on top with cheese
E2F3171A-57FB-4616-8BC8-5500AE12BFB9.jpeg

Back