Groove Sharpeners

colorado_wade

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you guys use groove sharpeners? If so, which clubs do you use them on? Is there anything to watch out for when picking one?

Never used one, not sure how I feel about them except that I'd be afraid if it slipped and scratches the face of my club...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Funny you should post this. Co-worker brought one in today and it is sitting on my desk. I think I'm going to give it a try, my wedges are close to needing replaced anyway so I don't see much harm.

I think that groove sharpeners are totally unnecessary FWIW. A simple wet towel or brush after every shot should keep them just as fresh as ever. Improper use of these sharpening tools can damage your clubs very easily.

Just my opinion though.

JM

I think that groove sharpeners are totally unnecessary FWIW. A simple wet towel or brush after every shot should keep them just as fresh as ever. Improper use of these sharpening tools can damage your clubs very easily.

Just my opinion though.

JM

It can also make them nonconforming, if that matters to you. Plus to me, by the time the grooves are to the point where they need sharpening, the rest of the club is usually so beat that I need a new wedge anyways.

Back