ANNOUNCEMENT Guide to Using the THP Forum

Has anyone figured out the best browser to use so all the giphs show up? i've used Chrome, IE and Edge with all having issues showing giphs. Some are displayed and some are not.

I use Safari and have never had an issue. The makers of the plugin are aware of the issue, and they say they are working on a fix, BUT they are known for being slow about this stuff, so it might take a little time before it's actually fixed.

I use Safari and have never had an issue. The makers of the plugin are aware of the issue, and they say they are working on a fix, BUT they are known for being slow about this stuff, so it might take a little time before it's actually fixed.

got it. I am on a windows machine, so hopefully they get it fixed sooner rather than later.

got it. I am on a windows machine, so hopefully they get it fixed sooner rather than later.
Same here. Love the functionality. Can't wait until all of the gifs are visible.

Has anyone figured out the best browser to use so all the giphs show up? i've used Chrome, IE and Edge with all having issues showing giphs. Some are displayed and some are not.

I use safari and haven’t had any issues. Both mobile and desktop.

I use safari and haven’t had any issues. Both mobile and desktop.

Thanks, GG mentioned the same and I’m guessing it’s a windows issue. Unfortunately all my desktop viewing is on a windows machine.

Not to be picky here, but the True Temper logo in the "Our Sponsors" list at the bottom of each page is the one for the tool company.

The logo in the Brands emoji is correct. :TrueTemper:

Not to be picky here, but the True Temper logo in the "Our Sponsors" list at the bottom of each page is the one for the tool company.

The logo in the Brands emoji is correct. :TrueTemper:

I picked the other one strictly because of color and how it would show up below, but actually, it should be True Sports which is what I just changed it too.

The more I use the new site and mobile browser, the more I love it. Game changer for me accessing THP. Really enjoying how easy it is to participate.

I love to hear that!
It really is awesome. Thank you guys for making this change/update. The trophies and the like are a bit addictive!

Last edited:
Do spoiler tags work properly? I have had issues when trying to put some stuff in previously?

[SPOILER="Spoiler Title Test"]Testing[/SPOILER]

Edit - appears not... This spoiler was tried using the spoiler flag in the bar above the post box

They do, but it looks like you need to use the inline spoiler, I will adjust in the backend so that is the one that shows in the toolbar. I am not a big fan of it just being blurred out, I will see if other options exist, but for now, yes it does work.

testing spoiler

They do, but it looks like you need to use the inline spoiler, I will adjust in the backend so that is the one that shows in the toolbar. I am not a big fan of it just being blurred out, I will see if other options exist, but for now, yes it does work.

testing spoiler

Thanks GG

Until I quoted your reply, I didn't even realise there was a spoiler in your post as it just seems to make the text the same white colour as the background - I was kinda expecting a tag to click on to show/hide the spoiler text

Thanks GG

Until I quoted your reply, I didn't even realise there was a spoiler in your post as it just seems to make the text the same white colour as the background - I was kinda expecting a tag to click on to show/hide the spoiler text

Spoiler
test

And now it's working. I will keep an eye on this because it definitely wasn't working before.

Don't know if this was asked/answered or not but what does it mean when a thread is being "watched" ?

Don't know if this was asked/answered or not but what does it mean when a thread is being "watched" ?

I believe you will get a notification when someone posts in the thread if you are watching it

It's in the first post, it means you are subscribed to it.

Subscribing to a Thread (Watch Threads) – This is now called watching, and when you first register you will automatically watch every thread you participate in. This setting can be easily changed in your User Settings at the top right navbar when you click your avatar.

Shout out to @GolferGal who did a complete software change and made this the most feature rich and fastest forum in golf on the net. I freaking love what this forum is doing right now.

The old site you use to be able to "browse" the member list based on alpha order. I used this many times when I couldn't remember a member name and could sort the list by name or even by post count to find them. I went into the member secction recently but didn't see that anymore or really any master list that I could look at. Any work around for that here? Again, not a big deal but found myself trying to find someone the other day and couldn't remember their forum name. Thanks.

The old site you use to be able to "browse" the member list based on alpha order. I used this many times when I couldn't remember a member name and could sort the list by name or even by post count to find them. I went into the member secction recently but didn't see that anymore or really any master list that I could look at. Any work around for that here? Again, not a big deal but found myself trying to find someone the other day and couldn't remember their forum name. Thanks.

There isn't, just the search for a member on the left hand side of that page. The nice part is if you start to type a letter a drop down of members matching that start to show.

There isn't, just the search for a member on the left hand side of that page. The nice part is if you start to type a letter a drop down of members matching that start to show.
Ok good to know. Will find a way to make it work when the time comes up again. Thanks.

@GolferGal i found a bug, not sure if it’s just my phone or what but the ‘appreciation’ like option is wonky on my phone (iOS using safari)

BD6B3733-CDF2-48E9-84D5-96F27D5B2F91.jpeg

Back