ANNOUNCEMENT Guide to Using the THP Forum

Ok, so if you are on the forum main page and see the three tabs as they are listed in the image below, and you are under latest posts, if you click the thread title for say 2019 NFL Thread, it should take you to your last unread post. If it's bold, it means there are new posts to be read, if it's not bold that means you have read all the new posts in that thread. If you click to the right where it says a moment ago that will take you to the last post in that thread.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 12.18.37 PM.png

thanks!

Just want to give a tip of the hat for a smooth transition to the new software. It's very rare that the switchovers go this well.

The latest upgrade looks and works great. Nice new functionality. Cheers!

@GolferGal I wanted to ask (if it was already asked, I apologize) how do you get rid of every "Thread Watched" .. the little eyeball on the thread title? Meaning every thread that I go into I am "Watching"? And then I get notifications every time someone else posts in that thread? Is this true & if so how do I fix it? Thanks

eyeball.jpg

@GolferGal I wanted to ask (if it was already asked, I apologize) how do you get rid of every "Thread Watched" .. the little eyeball on the thread title? Meaning every thread that I go into I am "Watching"? And then I get notifications every time someone else posts in that thread? Is this true & if so how do I fix it? Thanks

View attachment 8908407

That is all done in your user preferences. Go to your name/avatar at the top right, go to preferences and uncheck the boxes under content options. See below.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 11.20.57 AM.png

Thank you for that reply @GolferGal

Another little thing, not sure if it can be done or not.

Once you open a thread, you can either reply to it at the top with the Yellow Reply button ........... reply.jpg

Or you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of a long thread to Reply ........

reply#2.jpg

If you hit Reply while in the middle of the page, you end up Quoting that individuals post. reply#3.jpg

So my question is, can you "Freeze" the top 1/8th of the screen (like you can in Excel files), so that the Yellow Reply button kind of "follows" you down the screen as you scroll?

I hope you understand what I'm asking for. I know it's sometimes hard to communicate it on the Internet. :unsure:

Thank you for that reply @GolferGal

Another little thing, not sure if it can be done or not.

Once you open a thread, you can either reply to it at the top with the Yellow Reply button ...........

Or you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of a long thread to Reply ........

If you hit Reply while in the middle of the page, you end up Quoting that individuals post.

So my question is, can you "Freeze" the top 1/8th of the screen (like you can in Excel files), so that the Yellow Reply button kind of "follows" you down the screen as you scroll?

I hope you understand what I'm asking for. I know it's sometimes hard to communicate it on the Internet. :unsure:

I know exactly what you are saying, but that's not something that will be implemented. If you decide you want to reply in the middle of the page, you can always click reply and just delete the quote if you don't want to scroll down or back up.

I know exactly what you are saying, but that's not something that will be implemented. If you decide you want to reply in the middle of the page, you can always click reply and just delete the quote if you don't want to scroll down or back up.

Ok well I'm glad you knew what I was trying to get across anyway. (y)

Anyway when you click on the Reply button at the top of the page that the cursor defaults into the text box? I am one that starts typing away only to realize I haven't clicked in the box?

Anyway when you click on the Reply button at the top of the page that the cursor defaults into the text box? I am one that starts typing away only to realize I haven't clicked in the box?

I don't think so, but I can check with our style designer to see if that's something he can change.

I don't think so, but I can check with our style designer to see if that's something he can change.
Thanks not a big deal, I just need to remember to click...before I get typing.

How do I put the most recent post to the top? I want to see most current up front
Thanks

How do I put the most recent post to the top? I want to see most current up front
Thanks

You want the last post to be the first post when you open the thread and then the posts go in descending after that, is that what you are asking for? If so, that is not possible. However, if you want to go to the last read post just click the thread from the Latest Post section, or New Posts section and it will take you to your last read post.

OK, so just under a week in on the new software, and even though I didn't hate the previous incarnation, this one is definitely leaps and bounds ahead. Good work all. (I say all - it appears to be a supreme @GolferGal effort)(y)

@GolferGal when entering a pic in your signature, the box only allows you to enter a URL & not pictures uploaded from your computer.

URL.jpg

However, when posting pictures in the thread, the same box appears but allows you to easily post pictures from your computer or URL.

image.jpg

Why are they different? Can't they be the same? The later is so much easier. (y)

@GolferGal when entering a pic in your signature, the box only allows you to enter a URL & not pictures uploaded from your computer.

However, when posting pictures in the thread, the same box appears but allows you to easily post pictures from your computer or URL.

Why are they different? Can't they be the same? The later is so much easier. (y)

The new software does not have an option to upload signature pictures, it has to be done via URL. However, even that is not working at the moment, it's a bug that should be fixed by next week so you can use a URL, but you still will not be able to attached or upload an image.

Something I just noticed, in the old forum there was an arrow in the icon of the thread if you had posted in it, now there's a little circle of your avatar, I like the nice little details of the new layout, very well done.

Latest Posts – This tab shows you the latest posts that were made. If a thread is bold that means it is unread, if it is not bold that means you have already read that thread. If the thread title is bold and you click it, it will take you to the last unread post. If it’s not bold and you click it, it will take you to the first post in that thread. Also, if you hover over the thread title it will give you a preview of the first post. If you click on the date and time to the right of the thread title it will take you to the last post in the that thread. Lastly, the big avatar at the left represents the person who started the thread, and if you see your avatar a little smaller just to the bottom right of that it means you have a post in that thread. The avatar all the way to the right next to the date and time is the avatar for the person who last made a post in that thread.

Something I just noticed, in the old forum there was an arrow in the icon of the thread if you had posted in it, now there's a little circle of your avatar, I like the nice little details of the new layout, very well done.

Yup, I actually wrote about that in the first post. Makes it nice and easy to see if you have a post in that thread. If you hover over your little icon it actually tells you how many posts you have in that thread.

I am not sure why that's not working, I will need to look into this.
Now if I try and add some, even logos, it automatically deletes them even before I hit save.

Was HOF tags already mentioned?

ok thanks.

Back