Pretty sure that was done on an AR-10 lower. The AR-15 mag well won’t accommodate rounds that long.

Besides, the only proper pistol caliber carbine is a lever action. 👍
You're probbaly right on the lower... it technically could work in an AR15 lower... once. There'd be some serious setback and it wuold have to be a belted super short magnum... i wouldn't want to pull the trigger on that.:LOL:

I think once all the coronavirus stuff settles down I’m going to finally get my CCW. The bank across the street from my office has been robbed twice and tweakers probably think financial adviser means we have cash on hand.

Had an incident with one a few months back where I was able to get out the building but when the police detained him he had knives and brass knuckles on his person. Been keeping my HK P2000SK .40 close by ever since. It’s a little tougher in CA, but in our city the police chief is very accepting of applications.

I think once all the coronavirus stuff settles down I’m going to finally get my CCW. The bank across the street from my office has been robbed twice and tweakers probably think financial adviser means we have cash on hand.

Had an incident with one a few months back where I was able to get out the building but when the police detained him he had knives and brass knuckles on his person. Been keeping my HK P2000SK .40 close by ever since. It’s a little tougher in CA, but in our city the police chief is very accepting of applications.
Just make sure if you do carry that you are willing to take a person's life & can live with it if you ever have to pull & use your gun. I'm not saying don't but it is something you need to think about. I've known a few people that have their ccw but when I ask them that question they have to think about it & that can get you killed. Just my 2 cents. Be safe.

Just make sure if you do carry that you are willing to take a person's life & can live with it if you ever have to pull & use your gun. I'm not saying don't but it is something you need to think about. I've known a few people that have their ccw but when I ask them that question they have to think about it & that can get you killed. Just my 2 cents. Be safe.

I certainly do not wish to use my weapon, but the recent incident put into forefront that being a victim and taken away from my son can’t be an option. I’ve gone the easy step of simply locking my office building door when alone. I am no vigilante and would likely not carry in many situations, but having the option feels better. I like to think that if I had to use it, my judgement is sound enough to have used it in the correct scenario with the right amount of force.

I certainly do not wish to use my weapon, but the recent incident put into forefront that being a victim and taken away from my son can’t be an option. I’ve gone the easy step of simply locking my office building door when alone. I am no vigilante and would likely not carry in many situations, but having the option feels better. I like to think that if I had to use it, my judgement is sound enough to have used it in the correct scenario with the right amount of force.
Then I suggest taking a course in handguns / defensive shooting. There a lot of people that took a 4 hour course & are carrying & probably shouldn't be. I helped teach a situational awareness class & the question above I asked to the class. It was amazing the look on their faces when they actually thought about it. Being that you are already being aware & taking steps proves you are going in the right direction. For your office you can keep a can of wasp spray, it is almost like pepper spray & will reach up to 20-25 feet depending on the kind you get.

Then I suggest taking a course in handguns / defensive shooting. There a lot of people that took a 4 hour course & are carrying & probably shouldn't be. I helped teach a situational awareness class & the question above I asked to the class. It was amazing the look on their faces when they actually thought about it. Being that you are already being aware & taking steps proves you are going in the right direction. For your office you can keep a can of wasp spray, it is almost like pepper spray & will reach up to 20-25 feet depending on the kind you get.

Way ahead of you my good sir!

I was a firearms instructor and taught at the academy back in my law enforcement days. It all boils down to this: at the end of the day, you want to make it home to your family. That not only applies to LE but everyone. Nobody in their right mind wants to take a life. But if it’s me or them not going home that night, it dang sure won’t be me not going home.

I think its safe to say, after the last week, the gun control debate is all but dead.

Picked me up a Keltec sub 2000 today. Its the 9mm version.

My buddy and his wife went down to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area of Tennessee. One day they were just driving around to see what was there. He said they passed a store called "Guns 'n Golf"! He remarked to his wife that his friend, Gary, would really like that store!

Trying to find a Remington 870 shotgun & they are no where to be found here in Texas. Good grief.

Trying to find a Remington 870 shotgun & they are no where to be found here in Texas. Good grief.
I think I read somewhere NICS checks hit a new all-time high recently. Not surprised.

I think I read somewhere NICS checks hit a new all-time high recently. Not surprised.
NICS time in NJ has gone from 20 minutes to and hour to 3-5 days.

Don’t care how long it takes as long as I could just find one!!
Point is: NICS checks volume and delay are a direct reflection of firearms sales volume. We've kind of a "perfect storm" thing going: The Wu Flu pandemic showing people just how fragile is "civilization," the current climate of violence in many areas, and uncertainty concerning the results in November.

It isn't going to get any better anytime soon. Your best bet would probably be to put yourself on a waiting list somewhere.

Yep just sold a 16 gauge home defense shotgun to a friend & it took 5 days for him to get it. Plus ammo is hard find around here right now too. I'm glad I'm smarter then the average bear on some things.

I had one yesterday in NY and I had to wait for a line of people (there were 5 4473s filled out while I was in the store including mine)but the actual NICS took longer to enter then it did to come back.

Short barrel shotguns, ARs, pistol caliber carbines are almost impossible to find in NY now. Handguns can be found with some searching since you have to have a permit to buy one.

Remington declaring bankruptcy again might make matters more problematic. Anything against a Mossberg 500 (assuming you could find one of those 🤔)

I carry about 90% of the time and I definitely don't want to use my gun on somebody. Although, if the situation were right I probably would. I am a last resort type of individual and realize the seriousness of carrying a weapon. If I am about to be killed or someone else, well then you're just about forced to take action.

Point is: NICS checks volume and delay are a direct reflection of firearms sales volume. We've kind of a "perfect storm" thing going: The Wu Flu pandemic showing people just how fragile is "civilization," the current climate of violence in many areas, and uncertainty concerning the results in November.

It isn't going to get any better anytime soon. Your best bet would probably be to put yourself on a waiting list somewhere.

Oh yea, I understood what you were saying. Started months ago!

Remington declaring bankruptcy again might make matters more problematic. Anything against a Mossberg 500 (assuming you could find one of those )

Nope....probably will have to look at plan B. Will explore!

Nope....probably will have to look at plan B. Will explore!

Mossberg 500 is an excellent choice. I've had a 20 ga for about 30 years and it's still great.

I entered a background check a few days ago for a friend of mine picking up some ARs he ordered and it was back in less than 5 minutes.

Back