I entered a background check a few days ago for a friend of mine picking up some ARs he ordered and it was back in less than 5 minutes.
Man that’s quick in the current climate. Have a lower, order the upper parts 6-12 still waiting on shipping notification. Not just NICS. Glad I buy ammo all the time needed or not.

Yep just sold a 16 gauge home defense shotgun to a friend & it took 5 days for him to get it. Plus ammo is hard find around here right now too. I'm glad I'm smarter then the average bear on some things.
Yeah, I buy ammo on the regular throughout the year. Helps in times like these. No need to panic buy.

Yeah, I buy ammo on the regular throughout the year. Helps in times like these. No need to panic buy.
Yep the gun range had 80 round cans of 2 3/4" 12 guage slugs for $75 + tax, so I bought a can while I was there.

Trying to find a Remington 870 shotgun & they are no where to be found here in Texas. Good grief.

Why on earth would someone want a newer Remington firearm of any type? I have Remington firearms. An 1100 auto loader shotgun, an 870 pump in 20 gauge, and a model 700 ADL in .243. They are all at least 25 years old, and they are fine firearms. To me, they equate to pre '64 Winchester rifles. The shotguns perform beautifully and have never failed me. The .243 is an absolute tack driver! Have shot through the same hole many times! Can't say the same for today,

If it's home defense you want, look at Mossberg. I have a 500AT 12Ga. pump that will be 50 years old next year. I bought it for $79.95 at a department store on sale! It still works fine. True, they're not fancy, but they do the job. That gun is what leans against the wall, loaded, next to my bed.

I haven't been shooting in months. I bought a brick of 9 mm back at the end of December for $150. Now you can't even find it and if you do it's steel or aluminum stuff for about $400/1000 rds. Everything else is out of stock. So I bought snap caps and have been dry firing. That's a lot of fun. .... :(

My 1st Lower build. Not nearly as hard as I thought. Still waiting on the upper and BCG. This could be a new hobby 🤪1738EECE-9015-4D51-9612-1D6973CAE0D0.jpeg

My 1st Lower build. Not nearly as hard as I thought. Still waiting on the upper and BCG. This could be a new hobby View attachment 8953627
Looking good!
Did you mill it out yourself or was it a finished lower?

I need to pick up another LR.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looking good!
Did you mill it out yourself or was it a finished lower?

I need to pick up another LR.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Finished Lower. Much easier. 👍

I haven't been shooting in months. I bought a brick of 9 mm back at the end of December for $150. Now you can't even find it and if you do it's steel or aluminum stuff for about $400/1000 rds. Everything else is out of stock. So I bought snap caps and have been dry firing. That's a lot of fun. .... :(

This is why I decided to take the plunge and start reloading. Went with a Dillon XL 750 and all the goodies, can't wait for it to arrive!

Why on earth would someone want a newer Remington firearm of any type?
I can drive tacks at 25-30 ft. with my Remington R1 Enhanced shooting freehand, it's never missed a beat after a couple hundred break-in rounds, and the fit and finish are as good as anything I own.

This is why I decided to take the plunge and start reloading. Went with a Dillon XL 750 and all the goodies, can't wait for it to arrive!
The only challenge is that it seems people have made a run on powder and primers again..

The only challenge is that it seems people have made a run on powder and primers again..

Yeah, I managed to score 10k primers the other day and 8lbs of powder.

Been stopping in some shops the last week. It’s unreal. The Cabellas near me had Zero rifles in stock, zero. 2 shops we’re basically out of handguns. Have never seen shelves so bare. Hearing as far away as next may for some guns, unless you want a high end 2/3K 1911! Glad I’m well inventoried 👍

Have you done any reloading before?

Do you know the process of load development? and how to do it safely?

There is a lot to this, make sure you understand the process and how safety is the number one priority. I've been handloading since 1983. I still only use 3 manual single stage RCBS presses. I load for rifle and handgun cartridges. To do it right, you will also need a chronograph for load workup. You will also need to learn the beginning signs of overpressure.

I have a RCBS single stage reloading press and have been reloading for about 10 years. Yes, safety is your biggest issue in reloading, but I have never used a chronograph. I'm not even sure how a chronograph works and what it is used for oh, but I have never used one. I have loaded safely now all the time I have been reloading. I prefer rimmed cartridges as opposed to rimless because they are fully supported in the cylinders of revolvers. The rimless cartridges I shoot are usually store-bought ammo, and when I reload them I only reload them about three times and then discard the brass. 1 safety aspect I adhere to with my single stage press is when I charge the brass, in other words fill it with powder, I always look at the level under a light and make sure none are double loaded and all are equally loaded. I don't know if I would ever waste my time reloading 9 mm , but I do reload 45 Auto carefully.

I have a RCBS single stage reloading press and have been reloading for about 10 years. Yes, safety is your biggest issue in reloading, but I have never used a chronograph. I'm not even sure how a chronograph works and what it is used for oh, but I have never used one. I have loaded safely now all the time I have been reloading. I prefer rimmed cartridges as opposed to rimless because they are fully supported in the cylinders of revolvers. The rimless cartridges I shoot are usually store-bought ammo, and when I reload them I only reload them about three times and then discard the brass. 1 safety aspect I adhere to with my single stage press is when I charge the brass, in other words fill it with powder, I always look at the level under a light and make sure none are double loaded and all are equally loaded. I don't know if I would ever waste my time reloading 9 mm , but I do reload 45 Auto carefully.
A chronograph measures the bullet velocity at the muzzle. All reloading books publish loads, with barrel length and muzzle velocity. All chambers are slightly different, which is why you always start at 10% below maximum listed powder charge and work up, slowly. You test fire each incremental batch as you work towards maximum load. When you achieve bullet velocity listed for the maximum load published in the manual for that bullet.... STOP!!! you are at maximum load in your gun, for that bullet, for the specified powder and primer/cases. Even though, you may not have gotten to the published maximum grains of powder. When you hit max velocity, you are at max pressure.

That is why a chronograph is essential for safety. Don't ever load to maximum powder charge straight away and go fire those rounds. This is how people get hurt.

I load 9 rifle cartridges... 223, 243 Win, 270 WSM, 7 STW, 348 Win, .30-06, 300 WSM, 375 H&H and 416 Rigby.... and four handgun cartridges.... 44 Mag, 357 Mag, 38 Special and 45 ACP.

Last edited:
Have you done any reloading before?

Do you know the process of load development? and how to do it safely?

There is a lot to this, make sure you understand the process and how safety is the number one priority. I've been handloading since 1983. I still only use 3 manual single stage RCBS presses. I load for rifle and handgun cartridges. To do it right, you will also need a chronograph for load workup. You will also need to learn the beginning signs of overpressure.

I've taken the NRA Metallic Reloading class, but that is the extent of my direct experience. I do know a couple people well that reload though who are going to help me through the process.

As for load development I understand the basics of it and a chronograph is on my purchase list. Also, always eager to learn more.

Anyone happen to know where I can buy some 45 semi-auto ammo online that will ship to a FFL dealer near me in California? Man this has been such a hassle...

Man, good luck in finding some, and if you do, it will be priced quite high. I had a membership with Target Sports USA and really got some good deals on 45 Auto before the S hit the fan.

I've taken the NRA Metallic Reloading class, but that is the extent of my direct experience. I do know a couple people well that reload though who are going to help me through the process.

As for load development I understand the basics of it and a chronograph is on my purchase list. Also, always eager to learn more.
You are going to be drinking from a firehose! ;)

I own a bunch of reloading data books, I recommend that you buy the ones for the bullets you will be shooting in your guns. Follow their data on which brass case mfg'er, exact primer and powder. Sometimes their published barrel length is not that same as yours, so you will have to know how to account for this.

Make sure you have a good dial caliper for measurements, I use Starrett's or Brown & Sharpe's. You'll need a variety of tools for primer pockets, case trimming, etc. Get a good, accurate powder scale, that you can calibrate. Always buy really good reloading die sets too! I've never used the Dillon dies (they're probably great!) but have used RCBS and Redding die sets and they are top notch. I would also recommend getting a good quality steel cabinet for storing primers and powders, brass, bullets, die sets, tools and your finished cartridges.

As I mentioned earlier, a chronograph is essential. When you reach the published muzzle velocity for the max load data, you are at max pressure. It may happen before you reach the number of grains of powder the reloading manual says is max. I've had it happen! Always err on the conservative side. I've seen enough accidents at the range from others because of squib loads and then another shot blowing the receiver or barrel, ruptured cases, pierced primers and so on and when pressures are way up there, it can be nasty. Always take your time and double check everything. Have fun!!

Here's my steel cabinet with supplies... 33 lbs of powder, 15K primers, assortments of various bullets and brass and finished rounds.
YOsi3St.jpg

My modest bench with 2 presses setup... (happened to be working on 416 Rigby loads.) o_O
wQUnT3n.jpg

For this rifle...
DhtpACw.jpg

Back