How about a combination driving/shooting range?

Based on a handicap, the player hits a drive and must shoot a rifle shot from the distance left to 300 Yards. If the drive is 250 yards the rifle shot is 50 yards.

Or an approach shot and a pistol shot from the remaining distance to the hole.

Any rifle range could be used as long as golf shots could be measured and distance to target could be safely adjusted.

My wife keeps asking if I could find a cheaper hobby lol. I say why I only play golf, shoot my pistols and AR's and ride my Harley what could possibly be cheaper

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

For all of the AR guys, what are some good Red Dot optic options that aren't $$$$?

I have been seeing a lot of positives on the Vortex StrikeFire 2, and the Holosun HS515C...

I hope we get some good responses as I am also looking for a scope for my new Danial Defense AR

Golf and guns are the two expensive hobbies I'm allowing myself to have, no others. 3 shotguns, 4 handguns, 4 ARs, an AK74, 2 .22's and counting.At this point, I have all the standard firearms I want so I'm starting to look for the collector-esque type stuff like ambi bullpups (I'm left handed although I bat and swing a golf club right handed) and odd guns with odd, obscure, or uncommon calibers. Guns are like golf gear, even if you don't need it, you always want more. And what's worse, is almost everyone I work with is into guns and golf.

My wife keeps asking if I could find a cheaper hobby lol. I say why I only play golf, shoot my pistols and AR's and ride my Harley what could possibly be cheaper

All great hobbies. I've got the golf, guns, skis and last month bought a 27 foot boat with a 350 HP Mercury Verado. Boating is maybe the most expensive hobby.....

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

:D

All great hobbies. I've got the golf, guns, skis and last month bought a 27 foot boat with a 350 HP Mercury Verado. Boating is maybe the most expensive hobby.....
Oh crap now I need a boat lol

I have too many clubs and too many guns. I just PMed a guy about another gun a few minutes ago.

I have too many clubs and too many guns. I just PMed a guy about another gun a few minutes ago.

At least clubs are a LOT cheaper than guns. :D

So speaking of guns does anybody here have much experience with Remington? Supposedly some of their more recent products aren't all that great the way they used to be. I used to have great faith in Remington, now my opinion of them has backslid along with their performance.

So speaking of guns does anybody here have much experience with Remington? Supposedly some of their more recent products aren't all that great the way they used to be. I used to have great faith in Remington, now my opinion of them has backslid along with their performance.

I don't personally have one but apparently their 1911's are a great value. Decent quality for the price and surprisingly few issues. A couple friends have them and they're actually pretty sweet shooters.

Of course, everybody still raves about the 870 as the quintessential pump shotgun but I can't say I agree, I think the Mossberg 500 is better for the same price, dual extractors vs single in the Remington. Ambidextrous tang safety vs the cross bolt safety on the Remington. But what do I know, I'm a Mossberg guy. I have to admit that the fit and finish of every 11-87 I've handled has been great.

I don't think I've heard of any recent problems with the 700s or really any of the bolt actions.

These are my two biggest money pits. My oldest son and I are competitive shooters and my youngest son is the golfer. Between going to the shooting range with my oldest son and golfing with my younger son, it adds up to a huge expense. That is not even including the equipment expense of guns and clubs. My twelve year old seems to outgrow his clubs every six months.

My older son and I compete in trap shooting and three gun competitions. He is pretty good, especially with the trap shooting. His 5 man squad won the US Open in the Jr. High division last year. I actually went into business making AR15s a couple of years ago. We mostly manufacture custom rifles for law enforcement and more high end gun retailers, but we do have a commercial site (Militia) that offers the basic rifle, parts and shirts. As a manufacturer, I have access to all of the select fire/full-auto stuff which is fun.

So I was at the golf range hitting golf balls out in the field. One of the golfers was there with an instructor. The instructor went a bit out in the field to retrieve a golf ball that had landed a few feet out. I was thinking, if somebody is going to go out in the range we should call a cease fire. From all my experience at shooting ranges that's what I was thinking.

These are my two biggest money pits. My oldest son and I are competitive shooters and my youngest son is the golfer. Between going to the shooting range with my oldest son and golfing with my younger son, it adds up to a huge expense. That is not even including the equipment expense of guns and clubs. My twelve year old seems to outgrow his clubs every six months.

My older son and I compete in trap shooting and three gun competitions. He is pretty good, especially with the trap shooting. His 5 man squad won the US Open in the Jr. High division last year. I actually went into business making AR15s a couple of years ago. We mostly manufacture custom rifles for law enforcement and more high end gun retailers, but we do have a commercial site (Militia) that offers the basic rifle, parts and shirts. As a manufacturer, I have access to all of the select fire/full-auto stuff which is fun.

Got any daughters? Although there are exceptions they generally aren't into golf and shooting the way the boys are.

Got any daughters? Although there are exceptions they generally aren't into golf and shooting the way the boys are.

I have a daughter that is 22. That's why I need the guns.

I have a daughter that is 22. That's why I need the guns.
No daughters but 3 granddaughters oldest 15.
453cc5d282db609238b256510cab11b8.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ive just started getting into guns. Ive always owned guns for hunting but just recently got into handguns. Talk about a rabbit hole. I started out with a Browning Buckmark Hunter, recently upgraded to a Walther PPQ 5" and now I find myself lusting over revolvers and 1911s. The other day I was looking at a F.LLI Pietta 1873 black powder revolver and now Im kind of in love.

ec7413426fda74162110168c0b7b905c.png

Some plinkers.

Went golfing this morning, now heading out to shoot a few rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice selection Michigan Slice. Wilson Combat makes some beauties too, you might want to check then out.

4e8e2dfe9c358c49e2787dad1c063e5e.jpg

Shooting some steel with my son this morning.

Back