What kind of holster do you guys like when carrying?

I have a "one of each" type of firearm philosophy.
1 - handgun.
1 - rifle.
1 - shotgun.

My beautiful Rock Island Armory 1911-A1 .45 ACP complete with custom made checkered grips with the US Coast Guard logo!
YHeA9hZ.jpg

That .45 though...

She's a beaut!

Sometimes I forget to take mine off & put it in my bag, but then again there is always 1 on my bag. I would rather have it & not need it, then need it & not have it.

That's definitely the smart plan.

There was a stabbing on a local course here in Utah last year. Some people just don't know how to de-escalate an argument.

I haven't heard of any stabbings around here, but there was a fight that escalated to a bashed in head with a club(I think it was a putter) because a single wanted to play through a 4some.

Pumped about recent upgrades:

-Added in a 17 round mag vs the original 15
-American Flag slide back plate.. Cause well.. Merica'
-Pelican Carrying Case

IMG_3122.jpeg

IMG_3123.jpeg

My main 3 OTW carry holsters are the level 2 bianchi Snaplok that have a snap loop in place of normal belt loops so you don't have to undo your belt to take off. 2 are nylon & 1 leather which I think has been discontinued, which sucks because I like the leather over the nylon.
20190223_135203.jpg20190223_135158.jpg

Kydex unless I'm carrying a revolver, which rarely happens.

90% of the time it's a Desantis Slim-Tuk IWB

The rest of the time it's a Safariland ALS OWB.
4267e2a750599907a1cad2c746467c4a.jpg
20200405_132900.jpg

Kydex unless I'm carrying a revolver, which rarely happens.

90% of the time it's a Desantis Slim-Tuk IWB

The rest of the time it's a Safariland ALS OWB.
4267e2a750599907a1cad2c746467c4a.jpg
View attachment 8935637
You conceal with that extension on? I carry my S&W M&P carry with the 6 round mag and take 7 round mags for backup. I hate the mag stabbing me constantly.

You conceal with that extension on? I carry my S&W M&P carry with the 6 round mag and take 7 round mags for backup. I hate the mag stabbing me constantly.
Yep, no issues at 3-4 o'clock.

It's a Shield factory 8 round mag with a Magguts +2 spring kit.

This thread really needs a trigger warning.

still have my OG 40c - carry LC9s in my bag if I am on my own.

Pumped about recent upgrades:

-Added in a 17 round mag vs the original 15
-American Flag slide back plate.. Cause well.. Merica'
-Pelican Carrying Case

View attachment 8935602

View attachment 8935603
Are you running the stock trigger on the M&P? I have 2 M&P a .40 and 9mm and have the Apex trigger kit in both. It turns a very good pistol into a great pistol.

Are you running the stock trigger on the M&P? I have 2 M&P a .40 and 9mm and have the Apex trigger kit in both. It turns a very good pistol into a great pistol.

Yup, running the stock trigger. It is fine.. But not great. I have heard awesome things about the Apex trigger and I love the look. Always looking to upgrade and get the piece perfect. Where did you get your Apex trigger kit?

Oops, just saw the link. Thanks @TonyB!

Yup, running the stock trigger. It is fine.. But not great. I have heard awesome things about the Apex trigger and I love the look. Always looking to upgrade and get the piece perfect. Where did you get your Apex trigger kit?
I got them direct from Apex. They are really easy to put in your self.

I got them direct from Apex. They are really easy to put in your self.

Definitely will be the next purchase. A lot more features and benefits than I originally thought after going through it on the Apex site. Thanks for the share, clutch.

[QUOTE="NateGQUOTE]

I wish, I’m in NY and can only have 10s.

J M Custom Kydex or Tier 1 for AIWB for me.

Bravo Concealment for OWB cheap holster

Safariland with ALS retention for battle belt with full sized handgun. (G17, 5" M&P, Beretta M9A1)

For me personally I prefer Kydex, I have really been enjoying Better-Man-Concealment holsters. I carry daily so a comfortable and concealable holster is a must for me.

Jerks.

FB_IMG_1560802340717.jpg

Back