Are 10 round mags still allowed? I thought the SAFE act reduced them to 7?

Are 10 round mags still allowed? I thought the SAFE act reduced them to 7?

Technically, the Safe Act still reads you can have 10 round magazines and they can only be loaded with 7 rounds max. Andy’s law was never changed after losing in court.

District and circuit courts have said the law is unconstitutional.

Technically, the Safe Act still reads you can have 10 round magazines and they can only be loaded with 7 rounds max. Andy’s law was never changed after losing in court.

District and circuit courts have said the law is unconstitutional.
Unfortunately, no one wants to be the press to test button for the constitutionality of the law before the US Supreme Court... maybe that should say fortunately? I mean from a Second Amendment it's an infringement but I don't want to see anyone jailed over that.

Unfortunately, no one wants to be the press to test button for the constitutionality of the law before the US Supreme Court... maybe that should say fortunately? I mean from a Second Amendment it's an infringement but I don't want to see anyone jailed over that.

Yeah, circuit court agreeing with the district court made the case law apply state wide so it stopped there.

The only time I’ve heard of someone getting charged with it, is as a tack on charge for an illegal gun, they have bigger issues.

Could be different downstate as we are pretty 2nd friendly up here. Well as friendly as they can be.

Speaking of guns I was looking at maybe purchasing from Palmetto State Armory. Anyone own one of their guns?

Speaking of guns I was looking at maybe purchasing from Palmetto State Armory. Anyone own one of their guns?
I bought a Palmetto State lower and I have some friends with full rifles and they have been solid and performed well for a good price. I haven't looked in a while but I believe they have different levels of builds and mine was one of the budget lowers but fit and finish was really good for the price.
Of course I lost all of my firearms in a tragic ice fishing incident so... ;)

I bought a Palmetto State lower and I have some friends with full rifles and they have been solid and performed well for a good price. I haven't looked in a while but I believe they have different levels of builds and mine was one of the budget lowers but fit and finish was really good for the price.
Of course I lost all of my firearms in a tragic ice fishing incident so... ;)
Well first off let me say sorry for your loss. And thanks for the info. Every where I look I keep seeing positive reviews, but know no one with any actual hands on experience.

I've seen them advertised but have never seen one or fired one, so keep us updated if you do.

I've used PSA for stuff and have had several hundred of their lowers come through my books. I've put thousands upon thousands of rounds through several different rifles made from or containing PSA parts. They're not Noveske, LMT or DD. Most of their parts are made by the same places that make parts for everyone else, the differences are going to be the fit and finish and the QC. I like to use this example: You might see a lower come out of a top tier place with the holes drilled a little wonky 1 out of 10,000 pieces. You might see a lower come out of a mid tier place with the holes drilled a little wonky 1 out of 5,000 pieces. These obviously aren't hard numbers, I'm just trying to make a point, and most people get it. Are your pins going to walk loose, probably not. Could you be a little over or undergassed, possibly. Most people aren't going to get anywhere even close enough to begin to sniff the failure point of these rifles. If you're not kicking in doors and beating people over the head with them, you'll be fine. Even if you are, proper prior preparation prevents piss poor performance. Check specs and keep it clean, just like anything else.

PSA advertises on tv pretty often. They've got a nice range in Columbia right off the highway. That doesn't help you I know.

Their rifles are made in the USA. People that have them like them. The only issue they have that I've heard and it's not the rifles, it's shipping. Sometimes it's slow.

If you're looking for an AR15 from them hit up ar15 . com. They're the THP of the black rifle. Some good folks in the technical forums and can provide good insight into what you're looking for... just be careful in general discussion. You need a thick skin there...:)

There are 10 cases teed up in the Supreme Court. They are in conference with them as of today. A few are overlapping on conceal carry. One is a mag law from NJ. I don't think they are going to take all the cases but hopefully ball up the carry ones and take another couple. The micro stamp CA law is a good one for them to strike down.

PSA advertises on tv pretty often. They've got a nice range in Columbia right off the highway. That doesn't help you I know.

Their rifles are made in the USA. People that have them like them. The only issue they have that I've heard and it's not the rifles, it's shipping. Sometimes it's slow.

If you're looking for an AR15 from them hit up ar15 . com. They're the THP of the black rifle. Some good folks in the technical forums and can provide good insight into what you're looking for... just be careful in general discussion. You need a thick skin there...:)
Thank you scorpion. Will check them out.

Also I'm actually intrigued by the AR-9 platform too. I mean I'm still getting a AR-15, but down the road I may really consider picking one of these up.

Just an FWIW I come more from a sporting clays background, so I know my way around a shotgun inside and out, just the whole semi auto rifle world is a bit new to me as I have had little interest in it over the years. But I have lots of work friends who go shooting all the time and I want to join the fun.

There are 10 cases teed up in the Supreme Court. They are in conference with them as of today. A few are overlapping on conceal carry. One is a mag law from NJ. I don't think they are going to take all the cases but hopefully ball up the carry ones and take another couple. The micro stamp CA law is a good one for them to strike down.

I'm not sure why they don't just issue a ruling that all laws that are contrary to the 2nd Amendment are unconstitutional and be done with it.

Also I'm actually intrigued by the AR-9 platform too. I mean I'm still getting a AR-15, but down the road I may really consider picking one of these up.

Just an FWIW I come more from a sporting clays background, so I know my way around a shotgun inside and out, just the whole semi auto rifle world is a bit new to me as I have had little interest in it over the years. But I have lots of work friends who go shooting all the time and I want to join the fun.
That's awesome! I've kind of had a passing interest in shotgunning for the past several years but I've never pursued it... I decided to get back into golf.

The AR9 is a pistol caliber right? That section of ar15 . com I don't venture into... only because I don't have a pistol caliber carbine.:D

That's awesome! I've kind of had a passing interest in shotgunning for the past several years but I've never pursued it... I decided to get back into golf.

The AR9 is a pistol caliber right? That section of ar15 . com I don't venture into... only because I don't have a pistol caliber carbine.:D
Correct, but shockingly those guns are fairly pricey. Of course this whole Covid thing has made everything more expensive.

Well... if you're wanting a pistol caliber, you can get one that'll fit on an AR15 lower... heck, if you're wanting 300 Win Mag there's an upper that'll fit on an AR15 lower... Nemo Arms made that.

Well... if you're wanting a pistol caliber, you can get one that'll fit on an AR15 lower... heck, if you're wanting 300 Win Mag there's an upper that'll fit on an AR15 lower... Nemo Arms made that.

Pretty sure that was done on an AR-10 lower. The AR-15 mag well won’t accommodate rounds that long.

Besides, the only proper pistol caliber carbine is a lever action. 👍

Sporting Clays....Golf with a shotgun! google "shotgun driving range" They wouldn't let me try it at the tee box so we did it at the gun club. 54 degree high lobs over the trap range with shag balls, surprising how many got hit.

I like the threaded barrel and big loop on that, but I like the walnut furniture on the standard model just a bit more.
Samesies.

Sporting Clays....Golf with a shotgun! google "shotgun driving range" They wouldn't let me try it at the tee box so we did it at the gun club. 54 degree high lobs over the trap range with shag balls, surprising how many got hit.
Omg this would have been great for turkey shoots.

Back