Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
are my other hobby and love after golf. Not sure if golf and guns just dont mix but I haven't seen much mention of them here in THP. Please dont let this turn into a first amendment vs gun control debate or discussion of any kind. I have mine and I love them, not gonna change. So does anyone else collect or actively shoot? I shoot regularly as I believe any responsible gun owner should be able to handle and shoot his gun. Being from TX all the men in my family carry. Plus we all know the gun laws are pretty lax there too. I live in MD which is one of the more strict states when it comes to gun laws so I cant carry or I would. I'll try to add some pics later but heres what I own so far:

Springfield xDM .40
Sig Sauer P239 SAS .40
Smith & Wesson M&P15 .223 Assault Rifle
Mossberg 500 pistol grip shotgun

I've got a few
Ruger 22/45 for plinking
Beretta AL390 20 gauge for upland bird's
Benelli Nova 12 gauge for turkey and waterfowl
Remington 700 BDL in 25-06 for deer and varminting

Very nice collection. I had a Ruger 22/45 type target pistol with the bull barrel back in the day. Man it was fun to shoot and accurate as could be. Ive had one of my eyes on the Ruger 10/22 Charger for a while now. Heard good things about it as a plinker. With the cost and lack of ammo, a .22 is great to shoot right now.

I've stalled out on getting anymore guns between golf and cars I don't have any money left.haha

My father in law is an avid collector and shooter though, it seems like he has one of everything I would want so I just shoot his.

EDIT: He has a 10/22 that is decked out with a carbon fiber barrel and Hogue over molded stock topped with a Zeiss scope. It is the nicest little .22 cal I've ever shot.

I stalled out this past year too. Golf took all my money. The Sig was my last purchase and it took so long to actually get it that it kind of chapped me a bit. MD laws are insane. But when I finally move back to TX I'll join the family of concealed carriers!

I stalled out this past year too. Golf took all my money. The Sig was my last purchase and it took so long to actually get it that it kind of chapped me a bit. MD laws are insane. But when I finally move back to TX I'll join the family of concealed carriers!

I've been debating getting a CCW permit, the way the Missouri law reads is that you can have it concealed in your vehicle (loaded and accessible) without getting a permit to carry it on your person. That's good enough for me, at least for now.

I'll probably pick up a .40 pistol next, I've always wanted a H&K USP.

I've got a Mossberg 12 ga. But, I haven't used it in a few years. Also, I never have seriously looked at getting a rifle as I don't want to pay for deer leases. I grew up in NM where most hunting land was public. So, when I moved to TX and learned that most hunts were on private land and that it cost, it kind of me off of most of my hunting. I am considering some type of .22, either pistol or rifle, as we have some open land behind us and coyotes, armadillo's, raccoons and skunks can be an issue.

Ive got a small collection of guns that I use for hunting and target shooting.
Ive got:
Browning BPS Upland Special 12-gauge pump shotgun
Stevens Savage single shot break action .410 shotgun
Amadeo Rossi pump action .22 with exposed hammer

I used to have a CVA .50 cap lock muzzleloader, but I dont gun hunt deer anymore; so I sold that gun.

We just bought my dad a Remington VTR .308 for christmas this year. It is a goooood looking rifle.

I used to target shoot a lot, the last few years not so much. I go to the range about once a month. I have my ccl and carry where legal.

My three favorites:
HKP7
Kahr-K40 Elite-carry gun
Ruger Mark ll, 5 1/2 inch bull barrel-great for cheap target shooting

I own 3 Sig Saur's and 1 Colt 45

P226 40 cal
P220 45 cal
GSR 1911 style 45 cal
Only one hasn't been modified as of yet.

sigs004.jpg

sigs_001.jpg

sigs_002.jpg

sigs_003.jpg

sigs_004.jpg

sigs_005.jpg

sigs_006.jpg

Colt .45 has never been fired.My 2nd gun ever

officer006.jpg

officer008.jpg

I love to shoot and am a firearms instructor where I work. I have a remington 1300 pump 12 ga., Browning A Bolt .223 super short, Marlin 45-70, Weatherby 22 rifle, and a Ruger 10-22. I am probably going to get my concealed carry here this next year. I don't really think I need it where I live but I would like to at least have one in my vehicle when i go to Denver. For that I am looking at a Kimber .45 cal, I havent decided which model to get yet though. I do a lot of duck and goose hunting and varmit shooting. I want to get me a couple of Berretta's for hunting and trap shooting but like some of you my golf habit has eaten up my funds this last year.

I love to shoot and am a firearms instructor where I work. I have a remington 1300 pump 12 ga., Browning A Bolt .223 super short, Marlin 45-70, Weatherby 22 rifle, and a Ruger 10-22. I am probably going to get my concealed carry here this next year. I don't really think I need it where I live but I would like to at least have one in my vehicle when i go to Denver. For that I am looking at a Kimber .45 cal, I havent decided which model to get yet though. I do a lot of duck and goose hunting and varmit shooting. I want to get me a couple of Berretta's for hunting and trap shooting but like some of you my golf habit has eaten up my funds this last year.

I really like Beretta shotguns but for waterfowl hunting and just all around reliability Benelli SBE or SBE2 is the way to go. Of course if you're talking about over/unders then Beretta for sure and to my eye they just make a prettier gun.

Ruger 9mm
Ruger .45 single action
S&W .357 7 shooter
Remington .22 rifle
Winchester 12 gauge pump shotgun

I have more than I know what to do with but I always try to get more. I have a

.38 Taurus Titanium
.45 Kimber Custom
9mm P7/M8 Nickle
Benelli SBE 12ga
Benelli Montefeltro 20 ga
Weatherby Mark v Ultralight 25-06
Remington 30.-06

Soon to be more though

Here's some I have
For upland bird hunting a Browing Citori 20 ga upland special
For waterfowl hunting a Benelli super black eagle
For varmits a Winchester M70 varmit 22.250
For deer a Browning a-bolt 30.06
For squirrels a Marlin .22 bolt action
For plinking a Ruger mk2 bull barrel
For other a Sig p220

Last edited:
Nice pics BigLefty
Nice officers or is that a commander?..either way nice pistol
You know what Patton said about pearl grips? :D

Last edited:
I've stalled out on getting anymore guns between golf and cars I don't have any money left.haha

My father in law is an avid collector and shooter though, it seems like he has one of everything I would want so I just shoot his.

EDIT: He has a 10/22 that is decked out with a carbon fiber barrel and Hogue over molded stock topped with a Zeiss scope. It is the nicest little .22 cal I've ever shot.
That sounds like a sweet 22
You didn't mention kids or did cars cover that?

ultimate stainless .45
befll018.jpg

"varmit rifle"
befll019.jpg

a plinker
befll020.jpg

I hunt every chance I get, and target shoot when I can.

I've got:

Ruger Mark II
Glock 22
Eddystone 1917
Marlin 336 (in .35 Rem)
Remington 870 Wingmaster 20ga
Remington 1100 20ga

I have on my wish list:

Rock River 16" A4 Varmint in .223
Marlin 917VSF (.17HMR)
a full frame 1911 (I'd love a Kimber or Wilson)
Browning Citori O/U 12ga
Remington 870 Express Magnum 12ga
Tikka T3 in .204 for varminting
Sako A7 in .308

Gummi that's a pretty awesome wish list..hope you get to fill it.

I was heavily into shooting Sporting Clays before golf got ahold of me, so I have a few shotguns laying around and a few handguns.

My main target gun is a Beretta 391 Sporting 12ga 30" barrel
I shoot a Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting O/U 20ga sometimes as well
Browning BPS 28ga
Browning BPS 16ga
Ithaca Model 37 16ga circa 1941
Ithaca Model 37 16ga circa 1953
Remington 870 16ga circa 1957
Remington Wingmaster 870 12ga
Remington Express 870 12ga
Browning Sweet Sixteen 16ga
Ithaca Model 500 20ga O/U
Remington Model 31 Ultralight 20ga
Remington Model 31 16ga
I think there a few more I can't recall off the top of my head

Also have Beretta 92FS 9mm, Ruger GP100 .357Mag, and a Ruger MK3 .22 plinker. Wish I had the cash for a few more but golf has taken my expendable cash for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back