Status
Not open for further replies.
I just corrected a mistake I made a few years ago. I had a Sig Revolution Compact 1911 that ran like a top. Being the type that can never keep anything, I sold it to get something else. I just picked up a new in box lighter weight version from gb. It's no longer a current model, so there was no hope finding one from one of our distributors, but I lucked or finding some new old stock.

I'll run a few mags through it to mange sure it cycles HST then make a holster for it. I imagine it'll be like shaking hands and hugging a friend you haven't seen in years.

Much like this one:
esy7agyb.jpg

1911's are a definitive indicator of good taste and judgement. Nice score. :)

Awesome, I'll probably be getting the safariland one then thanks!

What is this particular holster for? Competition, carry, duty?

The reason I ask is that I compete with kydex holsters, but carry with leather holsters. For a competition holster, I'm a huge fan of Blade Tech (I use the standard OWB for my Production/3 gun setup, and I think the Black Ice for my Limited setup) or Comp Tac. For carry, I only want to use Milt Sparks leather. Takes a LOOOOONG time to get, but it's very much worth it.

Nothing wrong with Safariland, Galco, or even Bianchi in easily-available stuff, but I really like my BT and CT holsters if that's the way you're going.

What is this particular holster for? Competition, carry, duty?

The reason I ask is that I compete with kydex holsters, but carry with leather holsters. For a competition holster, I'm a huge fan of Blade Tech (I use the standard OWB for my Production/3 gun setup, and I think the Black Ice for my Limited setup) or Comp Tac. For carry, I only want to use Milt Sparks leather. Takes a LOOOOONG time to get, but it's very much worth it.

Nothing wrong with Safariland, Galco, or even Bianchi in easily-available stuff, but I really like my BT and CT holsters if that's the way you're going.

It's going to be an open carry and range holster, I looked at the blade tech but I really like the safariland one, plus my buddy uses one for his duty and loves it so he recommended that one. Eventually when I get my CCW I'll buy an in pants leather one, but the safariland is the smaller concealable holster so May be fine for now

psa has a sale on complete lowers(blemished) with magpul stuff for $199
i might jump on it even tho im saving up to buy a boat lol

psa has a sale on complete lowers(blemished) with magpul stuff for $199
i might jump on it even tho im saving up to buy a boat lol

Do it!!!

So, I'm a bit excited. Today I should have my funds to rebuild my 308.

It'll get a match grade barrel
The receiver will be blueprinted and squared up
I'll have it rechambered to either 260 Remington or 6.5 Creedmoor.
Barrel will be threaded for a suppressor.

When it's all done (which could are awhile depending on which barrel manufacturer I go with) it should shoot 1/4 MOA groups all day long.

Excited.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I use my holsters. For everything.

Here's a few I made for a customer last week, no two weeks ago. One set of iwb stuff for his carry set up, one set of owb stuff for training.

yhynahe7.jpg

Here's another I finished last night for a guy's airsoft training set up. Another lefty.

agu3ypet.jpg

Here's a few I made for a customer last week, no two weeks ago. One set of iwb stuff for his carry set up, one set of owb stuff for training.

yhynahe7.jpg

Here's another I finished last night for a guy's airsoft training set up. Another lefty.

agu3ypet.jpg

Very nice! I know where to get one if I ever need one now!

When it's all done (which could are awhile depending on which barrel manufacturer I go with) it should shoot 1/4 MOA groups all day long.

Excited.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Awesome! Sounds like you are building a sure enough shooter. I was reading an article not long ago about the 6.5 Creedmore and it does sound like an impressive cartridge.
There is a guy about an hour from here that builds some great shooting custom rifles. While I'd love to have one, I just don't shoot the bigger rifles enough to justify it. My Benelli .308 shoots Minute of Deer and I'm pleased with that.
I'd love to have a nice Kimber or Anschutz .22 rifle to fool around with though.

A little off topic, but Rhyno, do you have much experience with CZ rifles?

yhynahe7.jpg

agu3ypet.jpg
wow you should sell some of this gear to us... i'd get it
you do some great work

Awesome! Sounds like you are building a sure enough shooter. I was reading an article not long ago about the 6.5 Creedmore and it does sound like an impressive cartridge.
There is a guy about an hour from here that builds some great shooting custom rifles. While I'd love to have one, I just don't shoot the bigger rifles enough to justify it. My Benelli .308 shoots Minute of Deer and I'm pleased with that.
I'd love to have a nice Kimber or Anschutz .22 rifle to fool around with though.

A little off topic, but Rhyno, do you have much experience with CZ rifles?

Sorry, no experience with CZ rifles, have heard good things though, nothing bard hardly.

The 6.5 Creedmoor is intriguing, but I think I'm gonna go with the 260 Remington. Better reloading supplies, and I can use my 308 brass.

This is something I've been wanting to do for awhile, and it's just exciting that now I'm at the point where it could be done in a month.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

My buddy has a CZ550 Medium Lux in .243 that is the most beautiful rifle I've ever seen. It'll shoot waaaaaaayyyyy better than 90% of hunters out there and is built like a tank.
I have a CIL (made by Anschutz) .22 that I use for plinking/learning. Not a bad little gun by any means! It's a pain to clean though because its ejector is a blade that is fixed in the chamber and cleaning rods grind on it so I've given up cleaning it.

Sorry, no experience with CZ rifles, have heard good things though, nothing bard hardly.

The 6.5 Creedmoor is intriguing, but I think I'm gonna go with the 260 Remington. Better reloading supplies, and I can use my 308 brass.

This is something I've been wanting to do for awhile, and it's just exciting that now I'm at the point where it could be done in a month.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Certainly nothing wrong with a .260 Remington. A friend of mine has one and it's been a deer killing machine.

My buddy has a CZ550 Medium Lux in .243 that is the most beautiful rifle I've ever seen. It'll shoot waaaaaaayyyyy better than 90% of hunters out there and is built like a tank.
I have a CIL (made by Anschutz) .22 that I use for plinking/learning. Not a bad little gun by any means! It's a pain to clean though because its ejector is a blade that is fixed in the chamber and cleaning rods grind on it so I've given up cleaning it.

That does sound like a bit of a pain to clean. Sounds like a bore snake might be about the best thing to clean one of those with.

As for the CZ rifles, I've got a .17 HM2 and a .22, both with the heavy varmint barrel on them. They are built very well and are probably the best shooting guns that I own. Because of that, I've been considering picking up one in a .243 or .308 one of these days. Then again, I might just go with a Ruger M77... or I could pull a Satchmo and get both! Haha!

Where've I been? I just found this thread. Or found it a long time ago and forgot about it!

Certified gun nut here. I have a half dozen old single barrel shotguns saved from all of us boys learning how to hunt in our youth. 4 SxS shotguns, two of which I hunt with, one of which is my late dad's Fox that I inherited. A couple of pump 12's for waterfowl. Rifles I have a Model 721 .270, a custom Lawrence Moore .30-06, an old .30-30, a bolt .22, a Ruger 10/22, a Bushy 5.56 carbine, a Bushmaster in .450 (what a beast!) w/18" barrel and a stripped lower that I want build into a 6.8SPC. For handguns I have a couple Beretta M9s a Keltec p32 and a Kimber Pro TLE II. I think that's it.

I used to shoot a lot before the ammo shortage and stupid high prices.

Certainly nothing wrong with a .260 Remington. A friend of mine has one and it's been a deer killing machine.

That does sound like a bit of a pain to clean. Sounds like a bore snake might be about the best thing to clean one of those with.

As for the CZ rifles, I've got a .17 HM2 and a .22, both with the heavy varmint barrel on them. They are built very well and are probably the best shooting guns that I own. Because of that, I've been considering picking up one in a .243 or .308 one of these days. Then again, I might just go with a Ruger M77... or I could pull a Satchmo and get both! Haha!

I really like my M77 Gunsite Scout. Apart from me having a terrible flinch to it and still learning to shoot a medium calibre rifle, it cycles really well and the mauser action is just great.
I know some people complain about the M77 action being rough and terrible, but mine is nice and smooth and cycles very well. It was tight at first but after cleaning it and sitting there for a night just cycling it, it was fine.
The only thing I don't like about it is the rear part of the receiver seems a bit short compared to the CZ - so when you are cycling the bolt, it can get a bit of a longitudinal wobble to it and it can bind. So if the action is fully open with the bolt all the way to the rear and you want to slam it shut really quick, on the CZ you can do that in one motion that basically makes an arc because of its longer rear part of the receiver as you slam the bolt forward. With the Ruger, you need to do it in two motions - straight forward and then straight down to make an L shape motion with your hands.

Excited.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

If you reload, Creedmoor all the way. The brass is awesome. I thought it was an answer in search of a question until I shot one.

i was going to the range today but the knee high grass in my lawn begged me to cut it

yhynahe7.jpg

agu3ypet.jpg

Wow those are amazing, I would love to get one one day haha

Speaking of airsoft straining set ups, I have a professional training pistol that I use in my backyard, it uses a gas to cycle the gun and cycles like a real firearm

Wow those are amazing, I would love to get one one day haha

Speaking of airsoft straining set ups, I have a professional training pistol that I use in my backyard, it uses a gas to cycle the gun and cycles like a real firearm
ive seen those practice pistols but they come in limited models and are kinda pricey
id love to get one tho but i dont wanna pay for it lol

ive seen those practice pistols but they come in limited models and are kinda pricey
id love to get one tho but i dont wanna pay for it lol

I paid 160 for mine, the magazines are where they are expensive, $20 per single stack magazine oi, check out KWA airsoft, their PTP like is really great, they also have full size M4s that function the same way

Wow, the local sporting stores are stocked with ammo, first time in months

eme4upad.jpg

I have a friend who's not so smart...she traded a colt 1911 that belonged to her grandfather for a used hi point 45...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back