Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple buddies and I went and fired about 150 shells today and blew up a box and a bit of clays. I have a goose egg forming on my right bicep from shouldering the shotgun too quickly and not having a recoil pad on the stock of my dad's old gun so I'm a bit sore. I won't be able to swing a club for a few days I'm afraid!
I also ordered a 2-7x32 long eye relief scope with Leupold medium height quick release rings for my Gunsite Scout for upcoming deer season!

Just picked up 100 rounds of 9mm from Walmart for $24 wow that's cheap lol

I cracked and just ordered the Apex DCAEK.

Just picked up 100 rounds of 9mm from Walmart for $24 wow that's cheap lol

Yup! Was amazed at Wal-mart today as I walked by the ammo section and saw Federal 9mm ammo, 115 grain FMJ for $15 per 50. Went ahead and bought my fill (3 boxes, per store policy.) Could have had TulAmmo for $10/50, but went with the expensive stuff. Might have to hit them up again soon and see if I can start building my stockpile.

Yup! Was amazed at Wal-mart today as I walked by the ammo section and saw Federal 9mm ammo, 115 grain FMJ for $15 per 50. Went ahead and bought my fill (3 boxes, per store policy.) Could have had TulAmmo for $10/50, but went with the expensive stuff. Might have to hit them up again soon and see if I can start building my stockpile.

I almost Bought the second 100 round box because we have no ammo box restrictions, but I bought some lawman 40 S&W FMJ ammo for my M&P

I cracked and just ordered the Apex DCAEK.

I will be doing this in the next few months because the stock trigger is 6.5 pounds and rather springy

Now I just need to procure a sight pusher for the installation. Anyone know where to rent one?

I will be doing this in the next few months because the stock trigger is 6.5 pounds and rather springy
I don't hate the stock trigger, but I keep reading such awesome things about the DCAEK.

Guys, I'm getting used to owning a firearm. If anyone can answer these questions, that would be cool.

1) If you conceal carry, what do you do with your firearm when you get home? What about at night? Do you keep your firearm in arm's reach? In a safe/lockbox or out?
2) I've heard of holsters such as crossbreed, blackhawk... what kind of holster would you recommend/have you tried for an LC9/Shield sized firearm? I'd rather have the type that go inside your waste band so that a tucked in shirt still covers it.
3) I bought some ammo in a combo box - 100 rounds for the range, 20 for self defense. But I hear the brand may not be highly rated. Can I use HP rounds on the range to get rid of them?

Thanks for any help or recommendations!

little late to the party but here goes.
1) The answers all depend on your household, are you married, kids, if so will the wife have access or want access to the firearm. Kids that’s a whole different thread. Do you own only one firearm, from the sounds of it I would say yes, if so then in my case that firearm should be reachable at all times in the house. If I am downstairs watching TV I will have it in a place nearby, as I go to bed I will take it and place it in my nightstand. I do not have any kids, but if I did I would have some small Gunvaults around the house to secure it. For me I have options so I have a few stashed around the house.

2) If you want a Blackhawk serpa for plinking around the range, go for it but don’t use one for carry or if you need to depend on it, otherwise, any of the crossbreed type hybrid holster will work very well for what you want. “Hidden hybrid holsters” makes a great holster that can be used for IWB or OWB which is nice option to have both in one holster. Look up mesota on ebay here is the store, I have two holsters and for the price you can’t beat them. http://stores.ebay.com/MDJ-Store?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

3) As far as ammo, any of the top 3-4 brands will serve you well, Gold Dot, Federal HST, or Winchester Ranger-T series are my go too’s, two others I think will do if that is all you can get are Remington Golden Saber, Hornady Critical “DUTY”. Choice in ammo is first about what cycles 100% reliability through your firearm, and then see how it shoots, accuracy, follow up shots etc… so yes you can go ahead and run those 20 rounds of HP downrange. Only ammo that most indoor ranges don’t allow are bimetal bullets, and contain steel that can do damage downrange.

my PPQ is the only thing that has kept me from buying a Glock 19 Gen4, ergos and trigger have not been matched as far as the guns i have shot.

I finally got a chance to get my hands on a PPQ this past weekend and you are spot on about the great ergos. It felt very nice in the hand and has put in me in serious ponder mode.

little late to the party but here goes.
1) The answers all depend on your household, are you married, kids, if so will the wife have access or want access to the firearm. Kids that’s a whole different thread. Do you own only one firearm, from the sounds of it I would say yes, if so then in my case that firearm should be reachable at all times in the house. If I am downstairs watching TV I will have it in a place nearby, as I go to bed I will take it and place it in my nightstand. I do not have any kids, but if I did I would have some small Gunvaults around the house to secure it. For me I have options so I have a few stashed around the house.

2) If you want a Blackhawk serpa for plinking around the range, go for it but don’t use one for carry or if you need to depend on it, otherwise, any of the crossbreed type hybrid holster will work very well for what you want. “Hidden hybrid holsters” makes a great holster that can be used for IWB or OWB which is nice option to have both in one holster. Look up mesota on ebay here is the store, I have two holsters and for the price you can’t beat them. http://stores.ebay.com/MDJ-Store?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

3) As far as ammo, any of the top 3-4 brands will serve you well, Gold Dot, Federal HST, or Winchester Ranger-T series are my go too’s, two others I think will do if that is all you can get are Remington Golden Saber, Hornady Critical “DUTY”. Choice in ammo is first about what cycles 100% reliability through your firearm, and then see how it shoots, accuracy, follow up shots etc… so yes you can go ahead and run those 20 rounds of HP downrange. Only ammo that most indoor ranges don’t allow are bimetal bullets, and contain steel that can do damage downrange.

I have a box of Winchester range ammo, solid stuff. I ended up getting a safariland conceal ALS holster for my m&p, cheaper than the serpa and I heard better. I am going to find some hornady critical defense for my home stuff

Looking down at my right bicep it is painfully clear how important it is to properly shoulder a shotgun when doing reactionary skeet shooting.
For some reason I was putting the bottom of the buttpad on my bicep and not 3" over on my pectoral so my arm is a bit useless today.

I get to go to usps after work and get my soon to be new carry gun. Yay!

I get to go to usps after work and get my soon to be new carry gun. Yay!

and what did you go for?

also need pics or it didn't happen.....please

and what did you go for?

also need pics or it didn't happen.....please

I just corrected a mistake I made a few years ago. I had a Sig Revolution Compact 1911 that ran like a top. Being the type that can never keep anything, I sold it to get something else. I just picked up a new in box lighter weight version from gb. It's no longer a current model, so there was no hope finding one from one of our distributors, but I lucked or finding some new old stock.

I'll run a few mags through it to mange sure it cycles HST then make a holster for it. I imagine it'll be like shaking hands and hugging a friend you haven't seen in years.

Much like this one:
esy7agyb.jpg

I'll post pics later after I'm out of work, pick it up and am done with customers.

I just ordered 500rds of 147gr 9mm from freedommunitions for $136. I had gotten some from Greg and really liked the way it shot. It shoots pretty clean...good stuff. When it came back in stock this morning I snagged it.

I just ordered 500rds of 147gr 9mm from freedommunitions for $136. I had gotten some from Greg and really liked the way it shot. It shoots pretty clean...good stuff. When it came back in stock this morning I snagged it.

Does that include shipping?

New holster came in

zuqagaty.jpg

Hello again, old friend.

3u9ydusy.jpg

Lookin good guys. I still need to find an m&p15 on the cheap to complete my collection.

How cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back