Guy walks into a Forum

Welcome to THP!

So I guess it's time to find out if typing about golf is as fun as playing golf!?! Long time listener, first time poster so be kind. Live in Atl, GA. Playing golf for over 30 years. Have been saying for years I wish I was playing more golf. Fast forward to today and I am saying that 10 fold. What would be Masters week around the corner, my favorite week of the year, now just depressing. I know it's really insignificant in the big picture of what is happening out there, but still sad and will miss it. Hoping to cheer up with some golf chat instead.
Can I start out with a question??
What Masters year rerun will everyone be watching next week pretending it's actually happening?

For me, it'll likely be 2019. I think everyone knew that 1997 would happen... they just probably didn't think it'd happen in 1997. The 2001 win that capped the Tiger Slam was no surprise either. The 2002 back to back was a great win that was his only Masters defense and the 2005 was great in it's own right, but the 2019... coming back from people saying he was done, was just amazing.

Welcome to THP. I’ll be different and say I want to watch the first one. Not possible because it wasn’t recorded then but still... see how it all began

Welcome! I'd like to see Tiger's latest Masters win again if given a choice :cool:

Welcome! I'd like to see Tiger's latest Masters win again if given a choice :cool:

Hopefully, we'll get treated to a more recent Tiger Masters win... in October!

Welcome to THP! :welcome:

'86 Masters for the win - "Yes Sir!"

Happy to have you with us, sir! Probably watch the Maters that Lefty won his first green jacket.

Welcome to THP!

I'll go with any Masters that doesn't involve Tiger. :LOL:

Welcome to THP!

I’m starting with last years for sure. That was emotional.

Welcome to THP! Probably Nicklaus's last win, it's one of my favorites. At the time didn't think he could do it. The ROARS were so loud.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP from another Georgia boy!! I really hope that they show at least 4 final rounds each of the would be tournament days with the last one being 2019 Masters and one of the others the 86 Masters.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!!

I'd like to watch Tiger & DiMarco's Masters again. I don't remember the year (2005 maybe) but it was full of excitement.

Welcome to THP. Got some friends in Atlanta. I like Georgia a lot.

90.jpeg

1995 for me. Ben Crenshaw starts his week by learning of the death of his (and Tom Kite's) mentor, the great Harvey Penick on Sunday. Plays a practice round at Augusta Monday and plays miserably. I think he'd missed the cut something like 7 of the previous 8 weeks. So a bad round was no surprise given the circumstances. Tuesday, Crenshaw flies back to Austin to serve as pall-bearer at Penick's funeral.
Back in the day, Augusta provided their caddies to the pros in lieu of their personal caddies. By '95, though, guys brought their own caddy. But Crenshaw was loyal to his "Masters Caddie" Carl Jackson whenever he returned for Masters week. Jackson had been on the bag for Ben's practice round and he noticed that Ben's alignment had changed from previous years. When Ben returned from the funeral, Jackson recommended a ball-position change and it clicked. Ben played "lights-out" the rest of the week, but struggled with emotions, particularly when fans offered their condolences. Jackson kept him constantly focused on the next shot.
Ben brought home the Green Jacket, but Carl Jackson may have been the star of the 1995 Masters.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/golf/sdut-caddie-for-the-ages-2011apr06-story.html

Last edited:
Welcome to THP!

After recently hearing about Ian Woosnam's Masters win, I would like to watch that.

Thanks for all the welcome wishes from everyone.
Lots of good suggestions I had forgotten about. I think I am just going to watch all the final rounds on Youtube on my main tv next week. Silver lining, this way at least I know what to expect and won't be disappointed in the outcome like some years (talking 2018 here).

Back