HA (Hoarders Anonymous)

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Any other hoarders out there? Sometimes I think I'm alright, but then sometimes I think I have a problem. Don't get me wrong, you're not gonna see me on TV any time soon, but I have a problem letting go of stuff sometimes. At one time, I had 11 golf bags. I know that a few of them were so dilapidated that I'd never use them, but I kept telling myself I might use them some day or find someone who could use it. I finally got rid of two of them, I think, but I have probably picked up one or two since then. You don't wanna look in my attic over the garage. I keep empty boxes that I "might use some day" and I'm sure I've got boxes that I haven't use stuff out of in years. When we moved to OK in 2017, we opened a box that had been sealed up since we left Turkey in 2005.

At what point do you just throw it out?

I'd say 12 years would be plenty to long enough to just chunk it.:ROFLMAO:

I would donate a few of the bags that are in decent shape to the First Tee or something like that. I think 3-4 bags should be plenty.

At what point do you just throw it out?

I try to go through stuff at least once a year. If I can't remember the last time I used it, it gets tossed, donated or given away.

I'm very guilty of "I'll just hang onto that in case [insert excuse here]". It's tough, especially when you think back to what you might have paid for something but the honest truth is if you're not going to use it then you don't need it.

I try to keep stuff. I have good reason. As soon as something that I've had untouched for days, weeks, months, years, or even decades, gets moved, put away, or thrown away, I need it within a week.:ROFLMAO:

It never fails.:ROFLMAO:

I try to keep stuff. I have good reason. As soon as something that I've had untouched for days, weeks, months, years, or even decades, gets moved, put away, or thrown away, I need it within a week.:ROFLMAO:

It never fails.:ROFLMAO:

See! I keep telling my wife that! She's not convinced...

See! I keep telling my wife that! She's not convinced...
A couple of weeks ago I cleaned my garage... or actually my wife made me clean the garage. And move some shelves. There was the KEEP pile. The trash pile, and donate. We don't donate to goodwill. We don't want them selling free stuff for money.

Now my garage is clean. And I got a new workbench out of it! And threw some stuff away. Surprisingly enough I didn't need it later.

Back