Mikey D

2024 Bag Boy Championship - Packing Chowdah
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Halloween is my favorite holiday. The boss’s rule is no decorations up until October. Well, last Saturday was 10/1 and the decorations came out.

D271900F-B283-4ACD-89F0-74FD60B0AEED.jpeg

About a month ago, the local Home Depot had 1 12’-0” skeleton left and I was seriously contemplating buying it. I don’t have a big lot or a lot of storage space, so I passed. Might change my mind if I see one again.

I enjoy decorating but it’s mostly for naught. We live on top of a hill and my neighbors don’t really partake (giving out candy or decorating), so the kids figured out years ago it wasn’t worth the hike for such a small payout.

Let’s see those decorations and costumes. My boys are older and don’t dress up anymore, but I will be sharing the shirt I bought I’ll be wearing this year when I give out candy to the two kids that do show up.

Been crazy busy and haven’t started decorating, but candy has been purchased (and miraculously remains unopened).

43D5C96B-4653-4F07-8161-E7759D4FB6D4.jpeg

I'm looking to find a way to make it fun this year, as it is also my favorite holiday. Sadly, it is not really a thing in Britain. :(

That is what Guy Fawkes night is for.

Halloween is my favorite holiday. The boss’s rule is no decorations up until October. Well, last Saturday was 10/1 and the decorations came out.

View attachment 9125450

About a month ago, the local Home Depot had 1 12’-0” skeleton left and I was seriously contemplating buying it. I don’t have a big lot or a lot of storage space, so I passed. Might change my mind if I see one again.

I enjoy decorating but it’s mostly for naught. We live on top of a hill and my neighbors don’t really partake (giving out candy or decorating), so the kids figured out years ago it wasn’t worth the hike for such a small payout.

Let’s see those decorations and costumes. My boys are older and don’t dress up anymore, but I will be sharing the shirt I bought I’ll be wearing this year when I give out candy to the two kids that do show up.
that is AWESOME!!!!!

Drove past this house last weekend heading to the course.

BAB780EB-CFDF-4283-AEC1-DCC4714258FE.jpegE28AB805-609E-4F3D-AF97-AF158785E876.jpeg

your candy section gets an F.....almond joy and york peppermint patties WTF. you give me either of those and i'm egging your house ;)
Not to worry! All the Yorks are for me, and I’m burning the Almond Joys :LOL:

ill grab a pic later. my wife already did the nightmare before christmas decorations

I think it’s so cool when homes go all out for holidays. Be it Halloween or Christmas.

I’m just too lazy to do all that work that I just like admiring from afar.

We don't get trick or treaters in our neighborhood, so no decorations for us. We do participate in a trunk or treat at our church though. This was our display from last year, made with a box from a new television and some supplies from Party City. And my wife and I in our burrito and taco costumes.

20211031_162727.jpg

20211031_162403.jpg

Almond joys are legit - i mean probably not cracking top 5 but i appreciate them

WTF! What's with all the hate for Almond Joy?
Sometimes you feel like a nut.
Sometimes, you don't.
Almond Joy's got rich milk chocolate, coconut, and munchy nuts too.
Mounds got deep dark chocolate, and chewy coconut ooh!

Don't hate. Appreciate.:D:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 9125450

That is a lot of skeletons! Haha! I especially like the little ones climbing your window shutters!

Here is our little display all made by this fool.
2D8D132F-CFC7-46CC-85D4-192F4920D5E7.jpeg

That is a lot of skeletons! Haha! I especially like the little ones climbing your window shutters!

Stick with a theme and run with it. Over the years, they get broken or the dog chews them up, so I’m constantly adding more. Just today I bought an alligator, two pigs and a dragon from Target.

We have a townhouse, so not much room for decorating for us. We do attend the Halloween party at the Houston Museum of Natural Science every year, so that's always a lot of fun having some drinks and walking the exhibits. We're going as Van Gogh and starry night this year (not my idea). My suggestion was Jeff Dahmer and a mannequin, but I lost that battle. Previous iterations have been cowboy/indian, Joffrey/Margaery, and tourist/statue of liberty.

Back