Hamilton on Disney+

fuffle master

5150 Lunatic Fringe 22’ GRANDADDY
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So, I watched Hamilton on Disney+ tonight and while I still really enjoyed it, it was much more powerful watching it live.

I kinda think they made a mistake on using the close-up views and different camera views switching around. I think the production would have been stronger with a one camera showing the full stage would have been a better showing. I understand getting super close up on the actors is usually better, but not in this case of such a powerful musical. The Richard Rodgers theater is so small each and every seat has a great view. There was no need to get so close.

The props are so few and the stage has the same scenery the whole show virtually, but seeing the different characters from different levels is missing.

With all I have said above, for anyone that likes Broadway musicals, you will enjoy this.

I'm very excited to watch this. I haven't seen the show live, but have been to many Broadway shows in the past. Videos never do the actual experience any justice. I've watched so many Hamilton videos online and love what I've heard/seen so far. I think I'll watch this tomorrow night...if I'm still functioning by then!

Edit: I know this isn't this type of thread, but Les Miserables is my favorite thus far with Phantom close second.

We just finished it and I thought the musical was very well done. Obviously I was familiar with the hype, but I was otherwise ignorant of the production and songs and storyline. I was super impressed with the songs throughout, in both quantity and quality. It was really great to finally get to watch it, although I wish I was able to see it in person.

I have just been informed that we have and/or are getting Disney+. Looking forward to watching this, I have not seen it in person.

I’ve seen it in person 4 times including front row twice in New York and I have to say I really enjoyed it on Disney tonight. Great show in person and I felt like it came across on the screen when I watched it today.

I’ve seen it in person 4 times including front row twice in New York and I have to say I really enjoyed it on Disney tonight. Great show in person and I felt like it came across on the screen when I watched it today.
Same.

Edit: I know this isn't this type of thread, but Les Miserables is my favorite thus far with Phantom close second.
Agree both of these were very good. Really loved Phantom, I had the Lion King ahead as my favorite above these until Hamilton. Hamilton is very unique and captures you from beginning to end.

My top 3 are now Phantom, Lion King, and Hamilton. I have not seen Hamilton live like the others, so maybe that is why I still have them higher. That said, it was really good. My wife and daughter did see it live and thought the Disney showing was very well done.

Agree both of these were very good. Really loved Phantom, I had the Lion King ahead as my favorite above these until Hamilton. Hamilton is very unique and captures you from beginning to end.

I saw Lion King many many years ago. It was very good. Loved how they had the animals coming down the aisles. I tried to grab some tickets for last Christmas, but they were sold out months in advance for the tickets I was looking at. So I had to grab front row Phantom tickets instead. Not disappointed!

We saw it on tour in Memphis and thoroughly enjoyed it. We watched tonight. It was awesome to see and hear the original cast.

Just finished watching it.
I saw it live last year, so I did kind of enjoy being able to see some close up shots of faces for more emotion, but wouldn’t trade the live static view for anything.

Overall very well done and I know I’ll end up watching it a few more times over the next year.

We are looking forward to watching it this weekend

I did not get a chance to see this live, but am going to get Disney+ just to watch this. At one time I almost knew the whole musical by heart as my daughter had us listen to it every time we were in the vehicle.

Looking forward to watching this. (y)

I saw it 4 times last time it was in LA. I had wanted to go to NY while the original cast was performing but never got the chance so I've been looking forward to this release. For those of you who haven't heard of it, Lin-Manuel Miranda's first Tony award winning show "In the Heights" finished filming a movie version and will be released next year. Highly recommend if you enjoyed Hamilton.

I’ll be real. I thought Lin Manuel was underwhelming, so did my wife, the touring version we saw had a Hamilton with a much stronger voice.

Also, LOL at cancel culture now going after this....

I’ll be real. I thought Lin Manuel was underwhelming, so did my wife, the touring version we saw had a Hamilton with a much stronger voice.

My wife and I said the same thing while watching.

the guy that played Burr was phenomenal!

My wife and I said the same thing while watching.

the guy that played Burr was phenomenal!
Burr was fantastic! The ladies were all good, the King was AWESOME (didn’t know he’s in Frozen and Mindhunter :oops: ) and Lafayette/Jefferson was really good too. Lin Manuel though was just.....off.

Burr was fantastic! The ladies were all good, the King was AWESOME (didn’t know he’s in Frozen and Mindhunter :oops: ) and Lafayette/Jefferson was really good too. Lin Manuel though was just.....off.

Lafayette/Jefferson was my wife and mother in law’s favorite character. He had great energy.

Miranda can make some absolutely amazing songs (Loved his work in Moana), but didn’t seem as confident or energetic, or powerful, as the other cast in this.

with the exception of christopher jackson and phillipa soo (she is exceptional) we preferred the touring cast we saw in 2019.

We watched it last night. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

So, I watched Hamilton on Disney+ tonight and while I still really enjoyed it, it was much more powerful watching it live.

I kinda think they made a mistake on using the close-up views and different camera views switching around. I think the production would have been stronger with a one camera showing the full stage would have been a better showing. I understand getting super close up on the actors is usually better, but not in this case of such a powerful musical. The Richard Rodgers theater is so small each and every seat has a great view. There was no need to get so close.

The props are so few and the stage has the same scenery the whole show virtually, but seeing the different characters from different levels is missing.

With all I have said above, for anyone that likes Broadway musicals, you will enjoy this.
Usually I would agree but not this time. Live is always a better experience but I thought the camera shots and angles were outstanding. When you watch live, you focus on different points depending on what is happening. The camera angles replicated that, and seeing the actors up closer is actually a better view than you could have sitting in most seats in the theater. If you watched it on a big-screen 4k television, the experience was excellent. In fact, seeing it like that or paying over $1,000 to sit in the theater to watch seems like an easy choice for most people.

My top 3 are now Phantom, Lion King, and Hamilton. I have not seen Hamilton live like the others, so maybe that is why I still have them higher. That said, it was really good. My wife and daughter did see it live and thought the Disney showing was very well done.

My daughter loves the theater and feels that Hamilton live is the best show she has seen. My wife saw it in NYC with my daughter then we went and saw the traveling cast in Boston. I thought the show was great in Boston but was informed it was much better with the NYC cast.

We watched the broadcast yesterday and I still thought it was great.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am a major character flaw in that I love musicals. I have seem many of them. This is one that I have not had the opportunity to see yet. I think they did a good job.

Back