Hamilton on Disney+

I never saw the play in person and I really enjoyed watching the show on Disney+. Super intelligent.

Lin Manuel-Miranda doesn't have the best voice for singing, but when you write the play, you probably have some say in who gets cast as the title character.

The Drunk History with Lin Manuel-Miranda was really good and worth a watch.

with the exception of christopher jackson and phillipa soo (she is exceptional) we preferred the touring cast we saw in 2019.
I'd add Daveed Diggs to that short list. I thought he was by far the best of the original cast.

on our list due to heat index of 100+ everyday in Ohio.

My wife watched it again yesterday but with subtitles on. I saw a little of it. It was amazing to see some of the rap and dialogue that I had I had missed because of the speed with which some of it was said.

I wouldn't rec that for the first time to see it because you could miss some really great stuff by focusing on the subtitles.

Man they're talented!

We made it to the first intermission. I like musicals, but not as much on tv. That said, this is definitely holding my interest and looking forward to finishing it.

I was able to see it live at Richard Rodgers and it was an amazing experience. I am looking forward to watching it on Disney+

I've seen it live in SF last last year and had memorized the songs pretty much from day 1 of it's launch. The live tour cast in SF was good but it was a great treat to watch the original cast. I found Lin's performance to be more emotionally convincing than the live show but I know what you mean - being live in a auditorium is something else.

A HUGE plus is that cleaned up the very few f-bombs in the Disney version and I've been playing this pretty much "non-stop" in our house. Kids LOVE it. A few s-words but my kids are older. The Maria Reynolds scene may need a bit of explaining though. :)

Oh...And Leslie Odom Jr and Renee Elise Goldsberry are untouchable. No one beats them as original cast members imo.

Haven't seen it. Interested only because of political and social messages being sent and revisionist history.
Remember "Debbie Downer" on Saturday Night Live?
"Walt Disney was a nazi sympathizer and world war II propagandist." Waonk--waaaaaaaaa :(;)
They are also one of the largest intellectual property firms on earth.
I hope this is purely entertainment value for everyone taken with heaping helpings of salt. Disney is racist stuff. Very subtle too. Been at this a long time.
I shudder to think people put their kids in front of this stuff. :eek:

I really hope someday to see it live because I found the version on Diseny+ to be incredible. The music is just so damn good and it tells the story pretty well.

Kind of embarrassed to say this...but all the talk about Hamilton marrying a Schuyler...I guess I never associated him with the Albany Schuyler family. Looked it up, and of course the Schuyler Mansion is about 5 miles from my house. I'm going to have to check that place out.

My daughter & her friend watched this a few weeks ago. I’ve been meaning to sit down but just haven’t found the time yet.

Pretty excited to say that I am going to see this live tonight.

Great play.

I was surprised when I saw this live. Wasn’t the full original cast, but still really good.

Great play.

I was surprised when I saw this live. Wasn’t the full original cast, but still really good.

yeah I know I'm not getting that original cast...which was amazing on Disney+. Honestly, I'm just looking forward to a night out haha

I very much enjoyed the Disney Version, plus Jonathan Groff is always amazing. I would love to see this one live though. Took the kids to see the travel version of Annie in Chicago this past weekend, by far one of the best live performances I have ever seen. Even the orchestra, I was thinking it was a recording at one point, just pure perfection.

I've seen it twice live, and both times it lived up to expectations. Enjoy the night out!!

Back