Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What are all of you using to keep & track an official handicap if you don’t belong to a club?

Im using the Grint. Not without its annoyances, but it gets the job done. $20 a year.

Golf pad. I really like it.

I believe 18Birdies will also track a handicap for you (though I don't think it's official ) for free if your goal is to just see where you're at. 🤷‍♂️

Grint. $20/year for a compliant handicap. Also comes with GPS and other stat features. For $20/year more you get shot tracking and more advanced stats

FSGA has one if you don't want to have it at a host club. I don't think you need to be a member at a club to carry a handicap.

Oregon golf association has regional clubs which allows you to post GHIN scores without being a member at a specific course

Im using the Grint. Not without its annoyances, but it gets the job done. $20 a year.
I was just looking at Grint. I used to have GHIN through my previous club.
Grint. $20/year for a compliant handicap. Also comes with GPS and other stat features. For $20/year more you get shot tracking and more advanced stats
Does Grint allow use of entry into local tournaments?
FSGA has one if you don't want to have it at a host club. I don't think you need to be a member at a club to carry a handicap.
Just saw that as well.

GHIN and Grint

Does Grint allow use of entry into local tournaments?
Unless you subscribe to the version that posts to GHIN the most likely answer is no. Most tournaments I play in require GHIN. Golf Genius is integrated with the USGA and GHIN.

I believe as of this year, the $20 pro version of Grint gives you a GHIN compliant handicap. I have a WHS number and everything.

What are all of you using to keep & track an official handicap if you don’t belong to a club?
I use Grint. I'm learning that it might not be as good as GHIN, but I'm fine with that.

I don't think the GolfPad is an official handicap. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

I'm pretty sure the one I've been paying for is...

...it f###ing better be...

I'm pretty sure the one I've been paying for is...

...it f###ing better be...

I pay for GolfPad, too, but for the interface and the data it provides. I pay Grint for the official handicap. I don't even know where to find the handicap on the GolfPad app. I know it tells me my course handicap when I select a tee before the round, but that's all.

I use Louisiana Golf Association (USGA)

I pay for GolfPad, too, but for the interface and the data it provides. I pay Grint for the official handicap. I don't even know where to find the handicap on the GolfPad app. I know it tells me my course handicap when I select a tee before the round, but that's all.

Settings (top right of the app) > User Profile.

I use the Pro version of The Grint. I don't play tournaments so it's more for tracking my stats and progress.

Settings (top right of the app) > User Profile.
I have sent that before. Just couldn't remember where it was located. I still don't think it's official.

I have sent that before. Just couldn't remember where it was located. I still don't think it's official.

The more I think about it, I guess it doesn't really matter as I don't play in tourneys. Good to know for next year, though, when I do.

Thanks for the information! I hope you didn't think I was swearing at you earlier. I was just surprised to learn the service I'm paying for is kind of bunk.

Thanks again.

I'm not joining our club until I get a job. In the meantime, I can get a GHIN handicap with them for $30/year.

The more I think about it, I guess it doesn't really matter as I don't play in tourneys. Good to know for next year, though, when I do.

Thanks for the information! I hope you didn't think I was swearing at you earlier. I was just surprised to learn the service I'm paying for is kind of bunk.

Thanks again.

Not a problem. My feathers don't ruffle easily. I enjoy the back and forth even when others don't agree with me. Disagreements stimulate thought and force me to confirm my beliefs.

As far as the 2nd point, I figured since you're a Bills fan you are accustomed to dealing with disappointment. Haha...

wideright.PNG

Not official, so I use thegrint, local league, and Garmin. All seem to be close - maybe a point difference sometimes because the league doesn't track my non-league rounds. As long as I can play the league, I really don't care about an official cap.

Maybe if I retire in Spring and play at the local course tourneys I may need one. My guess is they don't much care as long as you are tracking and play in the right flights. It ain't like I am gonna send everybody home packing because of my incredible low scores. :ROFLMAO:

Grint serves me well - my buddies also use it and it is easy to Attest since we all play together usually...

Not a problem. My feathers don't ruffle easily. I enjoy the back and forth even when others don't agree with me. Disagreements stimulate thought and force me to confirm my beliefs.

As far as the 2nd point, I figured since you're a Bills fan you are accustomed to dealing with disappointment. Haha...

View attachment 8957208

Austin Powers Ouch.gif

Back