Handicap goals for this year

I want to be a 5 some kinda bad. Short game practice will make it happen.

I hit around a 10.5 when I was playing well last year. I have a feeling it will start off higher and then want to get down to single digits

I'd like to be at a single digit by the end of the year. Working on my putting & chipping will definitely help lower my scores.

I am at a 26.3 now according to SkyCaddie. I'm not sure what I want my handicap to be but I want to consistently break 100 this year. So far in the 69 rounds I've played since starting last July 4th I have only broken 100 3 times and shot 100 4 times.

While I don't have any specific cap goals in mind, I think getting to a 5 or 6 is realistic. Last year I played in spurts where I'd shoot 72/73 regularly, then go weeks barely breaking 80. This year I'm more confident in my putting and driving going in to the year, and that's where I lose most of my strokes.

My real goal is to break 1st scorecard par (70), then real par (67) on my home course. The first shouldn't be too hard as there are 8 solid birdie holes and only 4 bogey holes on my course (for my game). I've shot 71 before, and 72/73 many many times. Real par (67.8, just looked it up), will be harder but I do think is doable. 1 good round where I don't take any penalties or hit any of the difficult bunkers and putt decent would do it. I've shot 31 on each 9 before a few times, so if I can put 2 good 9s together I can do it. Really hoping my winter carpet putting and my new Covert do me well (if my 1st 2 range sessions are any indication, the Covert is a beast for straight...too cold to know for distance yet). My real hope is that I can gain consistency and be able to travel well; normally I'm lucky to break 85 on different courses. This year I'm hoping to play a lot of different courses and hope I can play them well (Cabot links in Cape Breton is my jewel to try and play this year, though going to Boston so might try and hit a nice course there too-any ideas on good and/or cheap would be great).

Good luck to all!

Would love to be sub-8, but more realistic is just getting to single digits. My cap now is 11, but when I got to play over the winter, I was probably playing at a 12-14 level.

I am at a 26.3 now according to SkyCaddie. I'm not sure what I want my handicap to be but I want to consistently break 100 this year. So far in the 69 rounds I've played since starting last July 4th I have only broken 100 3 times and shot 100 4 times.

Good luck! I can tell you I broke through that first barrier (breaking 100 regularly) by getting rid of most 3 putts, and making sure my chipping/pitching was good enough to always be on the green from inside 40 yards. Really made a big difference.

Good luck! I can tell you I broke through that first barrier (breaking 100 regularly) by getting rid of most 3 putts, and making sure my chipping/pitching was good enough to always be on the green from inside 40 yards. Really made a big difference.

Thanks for the advice. I average 2.2 putts but that has gotten better recently through a lot of practice. But my chipping and pitching is the worst part of my game, gimme a green any size and I can skull the ball across it.

Thanks for the advice. I average 2.2 putts but that has gotten better recently through a lot of practice. But my chipping and pitching is the worst part of my game, gimme a green any size and I can skull the ball across it.

I improved drastically in the chipping and pitching with Phil Mickelson's Hinge and Hold. I use it from 40 yards and in, and can switch clubs depending how much roll out I want....let me look...

Was at a 19 last year, worked and took lessons this winter. Focused practice and my goal is my luck number "11"

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I started in the Fall of 2011 and have worked down to a 12. My goal for this year is to begin to break 80 on a regular basis and to break in and stay in the single digits.

My goal for the year is to break par once. Handicap is of low relevance to me. I shot 1 over near the end of last year, I think I can shave two strokes from that.

THPing on Tapatalk

I am looking to get to single digits this year. I believe I am starting the year off right. Got fitted and ordered a new set of irons. First time being fitted for me. That should have a major improvement to my scoring. I really need to get my wedge play in order this tear. I believe that these two things will get me where I am trying to go. My driver and FW woods are good, but my irons were getting me in trouble and I could not (cannot) recover from. Putting is slightly better than the iron work, but an SPI lesson will set me in the right direction. The wedge work though will be the key for me this year.

Last edited:
According to golfshot, I'm down below an 8 now. I'm almost done the rework of my golf swing (over the past year and a half with golftec). Just had a lesson today with the pro and we're tweaking very small things. He said this is going to be the year of short game, which has become my glaring weakness as my tee and iron game have improved. Last 10 rounds now averaging over 50% GIR hit so I need to putt less and chip better to score as well as I think I should.

I'd be disappointed if I'm not below 5 after this season.

My goal for the year is to keep it below 10.

I'm at 13 right now but lately over the winter I've been playing to a 15 or so. I'd be happy to keep it at around 12 this year an I'd be thrilled if I can get it down to a 10. Until I can hit long irons with any semblance of consistency my 'cap is only going to stagnate or climb.

I WAnt to get mine to 15 or less. But what I really want is to break 90 and shoot mid 80's consistently. I believe that it is completely possible this yr with fitted driver, fwd and hybo and Irons fitted to me. Finding more fairways is gonna be my key as well as a consistent and confident long game.

Had it to an 11 last fall..went up to a 15.7..headed back down now..goal..9

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hope to get into the single digits this year. Said the same thing last year, but this year I feel like I'm on the verge of a breakthrough. In the last month of had a few sub 40 sides including a 37 on the back nine at the muni.

Got to an all time low of 8.4 GHIN, in the fall last year. But have been on a climb in the wrong direction over the winter. Currently at 11.2 but expect that to rise with revision that comes out in a few hours.

'13 goal is to get to a 6 by late summer and avoid falling out of single digits over next winter.

Last edited:
Single digits. Lessons.

Single digit. Hell yeah it's going to happen.

My goal this year is to get down to a 1.0 or lower. It's going to take some work, but I think I can get there.

My goal for this year is to get to 3, it's possible as I only have to lose 1.1 but so far I haven't even managed to play below my handicap once this year. plaed to my handicap twice but in general my game is full of silly mistakes.

Back